New launcher can't download 1.5.2 version

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Kerake

New launcher can't download 1.5.2 version

Post by Kerake »

Hello everyone! :)

So, after some time, I wanted to come back to BTW and sadly I don't have access to my old HDD, so I downloaded the launcher from the official website and followed the normal installation process (I'm on Windows 10). The thing is that, when I create a new installation for the 1.5.2 version, the launcher can't finish the download because it says that a .jar file differs from what was expected. Here is the screenshot for the record:

I've been looking around the forum in case someone had the same problem, but I couldn't find anything. Just to be clear, I just installed the latest MC launcher and created a new "profile" on the launcher for the 1.5.2 version, nothing more. Also, the error message doesn't make much sense to me since the expected file and the one I have are supposedly the same... If anyone has any idea of what's going on, I would really appreciate the help :)

Thank you, and sorry for the inconveniences. Have a nice day!
jakerman999

Re: New launcher can't download 1.5.2 version

Post by jakerman999 »

Just from reading that error, it doesn't look like it's failing to download Minecraft, but rather a library that it depends on. I'd see if you can track down a copy of jinput-platform-2.0.5-natives-windows.jar and put in where it's suggesting. A quick websearch for jinput 2.0.5 looks fairly promising.
Kerake

Re: New launcher can't download 1.5.2 version

Post by Kerake »

I don't know how I didn't think of downloading that library from any maven repo, haha! The thing is that the launcher actually downloads the library, but then it says that differs from what was expected, so I thought that it would be some other weird error. In any case, the solution is what you said, simply download that library from another source and everything is solved! I guess that the one that is downloaded through the launcher is corrupted or something.
Thanks a lot for the help! :)