steel boats

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Beerkeg

steel boats

Post by Beerkeg »

After getting Dui with my wooden boat i smashed my face couple times. ain't it would be great to be able to craft a boat either of iron or steel?
That way i could still DUI my boat without having it destroyed.

Or i could stop drinking.. hmm no
grimper12341

Re: steel boats

Post by grimper12341 »

I still manage to break my boat a heap while being sober u.u
Beerkeg

Post by Beerkeg »

yeah see we need steel boat so we can keep landing on beaches to pick up bikini bitches without wrecking the boat each time.
Steel boat would be imo a chick magnet.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

DUI ?
rbh

Post by rbh »

Battosay wrote:DUI ?
Driving Under Influence (une prune pour alcoolémie au volant)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Merci, je me coucherais moins con ce soir ;)
Beebou

Post by Beebou »

Maybe not a steel boat, but some kind of motorboat. That'd be cool.
Say meh to that
MEH!
ye-eah, ye-eah, ye-eah
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Spoiler
Show
This is a Iron clad boat form the American civil war. Would kinda fit the tech leave. And would look really cool to boot.
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

I was thinking this (possibly) could be used as a lava boat as well, for nether expeditions. Didn't notch mention something about making minecarts work as boats in lava?

Obviously, there's the (slight) problem of a boat made out of metal would heat up, but I'jm just throwing that possibility out there for now.
IGN: Camerinthus
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

A more durable boat that can float in Lava is a pretty good idea, actually. An ironclad warship is just silly, though. Especially considering that Better Than Wolves won't be a Survival MultiPlayer mod for some time. =]
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Triskelli wrote:A more durable boat that can float in Lava is a pretty good idea, actually. An ironclad warship is just silly, though. Especially considering that Better Than Wolves won't be a Survival MultiPlayer mod for some time. =]
It was just a picture of a metal boat (I know that FC would not add weapons But a steel boat like that would be a hell of a lot stronger that the wooden row boat we have now)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

BigShinyToys wrote:
Triskelli wrote:A more durable boat that can float in Lava is a pretty good idea, actually. An ironclad warship is just silly, though. Especially considering that Better Than Wolves won't be a Survival MultiPlayer mod for some time. =]
It was just a picture of a metal boat (I know that FC would not add weapons But a steel boat like that would be a hell of a lot stronger that the wooden row boat we have now)
This is more along the lines of what Steve might be able to manage, man

And that's not really enough improvement to warrant the effort unless FC likes water sluices enough to have them replace rails once a boat exists that doesn't break apart when it brushes the wall.

Which he just might, considering the challenge to make a long distance loop out of water...
Better is the enemy of Good
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

DaveYanakov wrote: boat exists that doesn't break apart when it brushes the wall
Actually how boats work with collision (at least how they used to work, it may have changed) is that they have to hit at a certain angle at a certain speed. I think if the angle is wider than 45 degrees, the boat doesn't break. It's probably on the wiki, I'm just too lazy to check :D
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

It's usually easy enough to slow down before you hit anything, so my main problem isn't with boats breaking.

I just wish you could throw a rope to shore or drop an anchor so the boat wouldn't shoot off when ever you tried to get out, or something accidentally nudges it.

It would be nice to be able to pick them up though!
rosstafan

Post by rosstafan »

I had a boat launcher that would destroy any boat that even though of hitting a wall when leaving even at the smallest angle
So a boat that could withstand high speed impacts would be awesome
The list I could make of all the things this mod is better than.