Path of Exile - 2.0 update

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Stormweaver

Path of Exile - 2.0 update

Post by Stormweaver »

The long: Path of exile is a diablo-esque ARPG with a whole lot of flexibility in character building - it's entirely free to play (the only microtransactions that are not cosmetic are practically worthless untill you've sunk a good 40-50 hours into the game - more than enough time to get your fill) and just released a very content heavy update, for free.

The short: The game is good, they fixed DeSync and it makes the part of me who played a few hundred hours of diablo II feel like a kid again.

Anyone playing?
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
kregoth

Re: Path of Exile - 2.0 update

Post by kregoth »

I highly recommend this game if you loved Diablo, far better than Diablo 3. It's Free to Play, I enjoyed it so much I spent money on it! :)

I enjoy this game more for the game design choices the devs made over it's development. Items never really lose their value, due to how the "economy" works, sense you can turn a crap sword into an epic rare if you so choose. Skills are also done extremely well as it allows for a lot of freedom, and I mean a lot of freedom!

Be warned though, getting to grips with the Passive skill tree is no small feet. This is the kind of game you prepare your build before you spend points. You can make some crazy builds, but trying to make one up as you go can be more harm than good. Take time to study the damn thing it's HUGE! At least the game is pretty good at handing out respec points.

Would love to do a ladder run with a group when they have another Co Op one again.
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.