TIS-100 - New Zachtronics Game

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
jorgebonafe

TIS-100 - New Zachtronics Game

Post by jorgebonafe »

Its a game based on assembly programming.

If anyone ever told me assembly could be in any way enjoyable I'd laugh on their face... But this actually looks cool... Its more or less on the same line as the other Zachtronics games, but this time you use assembly instructions to... create little assembly programs. Wow, talk about meta...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/370360/
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Stormweaver

Re: TIS-100 - New Zachtronics Game

Post by Stormweaver »

Saw this on scott manley's channel yesterday, looks kinda cool.

And hard. Which is a plus coming from that zach. Still never beaten spacechem :3
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote: And hard. Which is a plus coming from that zach. Still never beaten spacechem :3
Me neither, although watching Manley's vid on TIS made me want to play Spacechem again :)

The thing is with Spacechem is that I find there's a certain point in the game where it starts feeling a lot like work rather than a game. I've restarted it several times over the past couple of years, and each time start having fun with it and wonder to myself "Why on earth didn't I ever finish this??!!!!", then at some point inevitably lose interest and never complete the thing.

Watching the vid on TIS, I'm immediately struck by that same impression. I spent a fair amount of time writing assembly when I was younger, so right off the bat I'm feeling like it looks more like work than a game.

Heck, I even started getting that feeling with Infinifactory when the additional levels started being released with the teleporter blocks and such. At a certain point it just wound up feeling like I'd rather be coding one of my mods than playing, because for the effort involved, I could get more satisfying results coding.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

It's a shame not having the time rigth now to play the game. It looks interesting. After beating SpaceChem Infinifactory felt a bit to easy to me, but I've enjoyed it the same.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Quill just did a video of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQvcDKaoTqc

It looks so interesting, and such a headache :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

picked it up a couple of days ago out of boredom, gave it a spin. It's not bad. works well as a game to have in the background to distract yourself with every 10 mins when you think you've got a problem sorted out.

Worth it for a fiver. It's no spacechem, but nothing is really.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.