Series - The 100

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
jorgebonafe

Series - The 100

Post by jorgebonafe »

Just wanted to recommend it. I've been watching it these days and, holy shit, this series is awesome... At first I thought it would be just another dull post-apocalyptic story. Boy, was I wrong... The story is great, the characters are also great. Even the most stereotypical ones do a great job and have often deeper personalities then it looks at first... The actual character development an how they change during the series is phenomenal. The visuals are also great... Also, the body-count is pretty brutal too... I feel sometimes like I'm watching Game of Thrones. No one is safe...
How I feel sometimes. Not a spoiler, just a big image :P
Show
Honestly, I can't think of anything I dislike on this series. Anyone watches? What you guys think?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
horstdog

Re: Series - The 100

Post by horstdog »

I also found this amazing series on netflix a few month ago and have finished watching both seasons. Rumor had it that is was scheduled to be cancelled after the second season but thankfully it was renewed for a third season. I also recommend.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I watched the pilot and was lukewarm at best right up to the point they put a character they were reminding us as being only 16 in a sopping wet t-shirt and panties to try and secure ratings. That creeped me out enough to completely kill my interest in watching the second episode.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I've watched this whole thing. Like it quite a bit, but I'm a sucker for anything vaguely hard sci-fi, and they got me hooked on the whole orbital station thing at the start, and then appealed to my Mad Max fetish later on, with a bit of Lord of The Flies to seal the deal.

A tad too teen-drama for my taste, and definitely groan-inducing as a result on several occasions, but that hasn't stopped me from watching it, and it definitely got better once more adults were thrown into the mix.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

LOL. I've read about this series and this
A tad too teen-drama for my taste, and definitely groan-inducing as a result on several occasions
was exactly my impression of it and that put me completely off.

And then you go on about hard sci-fi, orbital stations and mad max, and lotf, and now I want to watch it. Seriously, this exact sequence of references would make me watch anything. :P

(Quick thread hijack: I've been watching the 12 monkeys series, expecting to hate it, as I am a colossal fan of the movie, and really anything Gilliam has ever done. It is actually quite enjoyable as it turns out)
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MoRmEnGiL wrote: And then you go on about hard sci-fi, orbital stations and mad max, and lotf, and now I want to watch it. Seriously, this exact sequence of references would make me watch anything. :P
Well, I suspect our similar tastes is one of the reasons we've been hanging out here for so long ;)
(Quick thread hijack: I've been watching the 12 monkeys series, expecting to hate it, as I am a colossal fan of the movie, and really anything Gilliam has ever done. It is actually quite enjoyable as it turns out)
Oddly though, I didn't much care for that one. I too loved the original, and Gilliam, and just couldn't get into it. Watched the first few episodes, said "meh", and lost interest.

On the topic of Gilliam though, if you haven't seen this yet:

Be sure to, as it feels a lot like some of his older movies and has a similar dystopian vibe to the future scenes in 12 Monkeys (film) or Brazil. I think one of the reasons I didn't dig the show is that it was lacking Gilliam's distinctive weirdness in the future stuff. I've always loved that aspect of his films, as to me, we can't really comprehend what technology will truly be like in the future, and thus instead of going for trying to predict it, he seems more to focus on that sensation of seeing something you don't fully understand.

I don't think The Zero Theorem was particularly successful and thus isn't very widely known (I think its philosophical bent may have turned people off), but I personally loved every minute of it.