BTW and SPC

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Rob

BTW and SPC

Post by Rob »

I'm curious as to if anyone has recently tried to use Single Player Commands with BTW?

The file that conflicts with BTW is jc.class. Anyone know what that files does in BTW? And will it interfere with a world if I install SPC after BTW? The client boots up. I have it tested that far. Though it seems to load chunks a lot slower than without SPC installed.

I'm not worried about it effecting my legit world, because I plan on using it in a separate instance for a possible future 'Let's Build' featuring BTW. I need to learn SPC first, specifically world editor, before I can do that though. Which is why I'm curious as to the stability of the client/save if BTW loses it's jc.class modifications. I don't want to spend the time learning a command system if it will be useless toward my goal.

I know FC doesn't support creative mod, which is why this question is in off-topic. I don't want to bother him or the community with any unnecessary drama.
DNoved1

Re: BTW and SPC

Post by DNoved1 »

That's one of the player classes if I'm not mistaken. As such, it's pretty important, and I wouldn't bet on BTW working perfectly without it.

It might however, who knows.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Overwriting random code is bad, mkay? :)

Not sure what class this is, don't want to check, but I don't write code for my health, particularly if it involves modifying base classes.
Rob

Post by Rob »

FlowerChild wrote:Overwriting random code is bad, mkay? :)

Not sure what class this is, don't want to check, but I don't write code for my health, particularly if it involves modifying base classes.
I totally understand that, man. That's why, with the line of questioning being related to a game mode you don't support, I didn't want to bother you. ;)

I'll more than likely just drop the idea of using SPC.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

If you want to get these working together, you need to splice the conflicting classes. To my knowledge the only way to do this is prohibited in the copyright, but there theoretically exists a way to merge them without that method. I haven't been keeping up with the scene involved, so you'd need to do some research of your own.