HC Hunger - 1/6 depletes on hit

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
Undust4able

HC Hunger - 1/6 depletes on hit

Post by Undust4able »

* reposted from main subforum

<...> There is one thing that annoys me like hell. It is the hardcore hunger. Not all of it. Look, FC, every time I punch something with my hand (I mean hit), it takes 1/6 of my hunger. At 3 bars I can't punch mobs (I mean hit).

This means that if I have full hunger, I have only 6 × (10-3) punchs left, (I mean hits), it's the 42. Meaning of life, galaxy, and all those things...

So, you are saying, that if I punch (I mean hit) my chair in my home IRL (just for example) 42 times, I will be so hungry that I no longer can punch (I mean... you know.) everything?

Just remove this feature. I am getting really mad when I hit (Yes!), say, a cow, and see how my hunger bar dramatically decreases. Dude, this isn't hardcore, this is unfair.

Also, make that I still can hit mobs while my hunger is below 3, it will just give them a little knockback (depends on how much hunger left) and a 0-0.5 (15% chance) damage.

Thanks for reading, I hope you will make this ASAP, I really want to play BTW!
DemonButter

Re: HC Hunger - 1/6 depletes on hit

Post by DemonButter »

Honestly, don't you think that telling someone to change the mechanics of a mod/game/product/whatever so you may play it with convenience because you don't like it is a little too much? Its such a small thing that is bothering you, just deal with it... you noob?
Undust4able

Post by Undust4able »

DemonButter wrote:Honestly, don't you think that telling someone to change the mechanics of a mod/game/product/whatever so you may play it with convenience because you don't like it is a little too much? Its such a small thing that is bothering you, just deal with it... you noob?
Man, I wrote that a part of a hunger mechanics is unfair. It really is. That's just my opinion. Please. Don't. Yell. At. Me.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

The game is telling you, you are not Mike Tyson. Each of those punches is ment to kill not just bruise. You are punching with ever ounce of your strength each swing. That is why a chicken is possible but not larger herbivores. Use tools!

That is just my play observation.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Goodbye?
Dale

Post by Dale »

Ahh yes been waiting for a moment to say this without any chance of me being wrong, haha noob. inb4ban
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Seriously? Your analogy is faulty in the extreme. First off this game isn't about realism. Punching mobs is an abstraction of hand-to-hand combat and your hunger bar is an abstraction of hunger and stamina. Please be my guest. Go out and try to kill the first full grown cow you see with your bare hands. After you find yourself panting on the ground exhausted next to a very much alive cow (and assuming the cow doesn't kick your head in and save us all some trouble) then feel free to come back here and tell us how ridiculous it is that Steve gets exhausted so quickly.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Dale wrote:Ahh yes been waiting for a moment to say this without any chance of me being wrong, haha noob. inb4ban
Lol, that joke seriously made me lol!