Not enough BOOM in MineCraft

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Damion Rayne

Not enough BOOM in MineCraft

Post by Damion Rayne »

So TNT by itself is cool and all, but I want more boom. I want a throwable bomb ala zelda or something, maybe some commercial explosives? :) Couple thousand pounds of C4 should make me happy.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
Deepsniper

Re: Not enough BOOM in MineCraft

Post by Deepsniper »

well theres plasticraft for that and when you launch C4 out of a block dispenser it really really launches XD makes for a sweet cannon trust me
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

Not enough ExplosivessssssSSSsssSSssss? :[
Risugami's arrow mod maybe?
Or there's a turret mod, wich allows you to shoot cannonballs, TNT, this kind of stuff (if somebody knows it's proper name, plz tell me, cuz I always bump into that portal mod while searching for it)
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
David367th

Post by David367th »

SDK gun mod has whole shelf load of different grenades..

Grenades, Smoke, Stun, Sticky...

Plus fun ARs
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

FC hates Recipys And segsetions that are sneeky / Not strait ford about being a segestion so Sorry if youre thread gets lock cos of me .

Maybe Make a Grenade out of one TNT or ( posible concintrated helfire Explosive ) With a redstone torch and a repeater.

The torch is the Pin bit when you Pull it it puts a Pulce into the repeater and gose Bang after a Short break . you should be able to launch them like eggs how cool wuld that be. And maby be able to cook them for a Bit befor throughing. Would be a fun accesory to have.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Cauldron + Hellfire Dust + Bellows + TNT nearby... Boom enough for ya!

That detonating cauldron killed me with full health and full armour.

Maybe though it could be made MORE explosive if also filled with Gunpowder.

Turn your favourite town into a smoking crater swarming with Ghasts.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

BigShinyToys wrote:FC hates Recipys And segsetions that are sneeky / Not strait ford about being a segestion so Sorry if youre thread gets lock cos of me .

Maybe Make a Grenade out of one TNT or ( posible concintrated helfire Explosive ) With a redstone torch and a repeater.

The torch is the Pin bit when you Pull it it puts a Pulce into the repeater and gose Bang after a Short break . you should be able to launch them like eggs how cool wuld that be. And maby be able to cook them for a Bit befor throughing. Would be a fun accesory to have.
First off, this is in off-topic so good luck on getting it locked. Not to mention this is mostly just me joking around anyway, :)
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
M!C

Post by M!C »

I'd love to get some stronger explosives but even more interesting is the concept of directed explosions.
After all nobody in our modern age just goes sticking lumps of c4 inside the building he wants to demolish and mining isn't as easy either.
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

M!C wrote:mining isn't as easy either.
If you use TNT for mineing, you can dig 2-3 blocks in the wall and place the TNT there, so you can blow up a bigger are / TNT (although it's possible, who mines with TNT, already uses this method)
(I aggree with the need of throwable explosives, but you can get them from many other mods, like explosive arrow from Risugami's Arrow mod, Throwable Dynamite from Balkons Weapon mod (this mod is quite buggy, wich by I mean, It caused me many time 'saveing chunks', ruining all the stuff I build on that world, and I only could solve it, by uninstalling that mod, but I had to start a new world), there's a turret mod, with wich you can shoot TNT too, I'm sure there's something in SDK's weapon mod too)
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

CheGiuAn wrote:
If you use TNT for mining, you can dig 2-3 blocks in the wall and place the TNT there, so you can blow up a bigger are / TNT (although it's possible, who mines with TNT, already uses this method)--snip--
That is the fastest way to make tunnels 3X3 for train lines Under ground.
Urian

Post by Urian »

When digging tunnels, I tend to use the same method that e.g. Etho uses. Dig a 2*1 tunnel in the middle of the 3*3 area you want to tunnel out, place TNT every fourth block and then activate the first one, the explosion from each TNT will trigger the next one. If there is dirt or gravel then it will cause a much larger explosion but you'll need to do some minor adjustments anyway.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

CheGiuAn wrote:
If you use TNT for mineing, you can dig 2-3 blocks in the wall and place the TNT there, so you can blow up a bigger are / TNT (although it's possible, who mines with TNT, already uses this method)
(I aggree with the need of throwable explosives, but you can get them from many other mods, like explosive arrow from Risugami's Arrow mod, Throwable Dynamite from Balkons Weapon mod (this mod is quite buggy, wich by I mean, It caused me many time 'saveing chunks', ruining all the stuff I build on that world, and I only could solve it, by uninstalling that mod, but I had to start a new world), there's a turret mod, with wich you can shoot TNT too, I'm sure there's something in SDK's weapon mod too)
IC2 has throwable dynamite.

you also can place it and then link the detonation together. With it being forge means that it's going to be compatible.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Now thats going to be a scary thought and a new kind of minecraft... IC2, the redstone mods, BC, and BTW all at once...
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

Deepsniper wrote:Now thats going to be a scary thought and a new kind of minecraft... IC2, the redstone mods, BC, and BTW all at once...
Did you see the demo for the new nuclear reactor?

It's going to be fun.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Demo? Where? Show it to me Now! Please.

EDIT: Nvm found it.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

Deepsniper wrote:Demo? Where? Show it to me Now! Please.

EDIT: Nvm found it.
Now all we need is for someone to make a mod that will fill in the ages between BTW BC and IC2.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Yeah either that or just wait about 4 months till FC gets to a higher age and install IC2 then