Candy box (javascript game)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
rbh

Candy box (javascript game)

Post by rbh »

I discovered this little gem.
Be patient, many things will happen.

tips :
Eating candies increase health.
Buy a sword.

Check the FAQ, saving/loading the game is not automatic.

I just killed the dragon in the castle's keep and am going on a trip to hell.
Grass_Block

Re: Candy box (javascript game)

Post by Grass_Block »

Got a 100 lp/s farm yesterday , I planted more lollipops than needed because I didn't knew about the sorceress. Now I have a level 3 Sword of life , but I have been told it is the worst of the three.

Also , ¿What do you mean with the part about eating candies? ¿It raises your HP limit or it heals you?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

You have 25 candies!
You have 4 lollipops!

You have eaten 10 candies!
You threw 140 candies on the ground...? (;_;)
This is an interesting little game. I know nothing of swords or hell, but... I'm determined to get there now. xD
rbh

Post by rbh »

Grass_Block wrote:Got a 100 lp/s farm yesterday , I planted more lollipops than needed because I didn't knew about the sorceress. Now I have a level 3 Sword of life , but I have been told it is the worst of the three.

Also , ¿What do you mean with the part about eating candies? ¿It raises your HP limit or it heals you?
Lollipops : Me too ...
I have a level 13 Fire sword
Eating candies : It raise HP limit.
To heal you have to buy potion's or make them.
Grass_Block

Post by Grass_Block »

Damn , then. I will have to eat 40k candies.

BinoAl: Don't buy too many lollipops , you will have lots of them soon anyways. You can get candies faster if you give a lot of lollipop to the sorceress.
rbh

Post by rbh »

You have eaten 2349402 candies!
I am at 840 HP
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

My lollipop production seems to have topped out at 100 lp/s, and has been there for ~20K invested lollipops. Is that really as high as it can go?
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

BinoAl wrote:My lollipop production seems to have topped out at 100 lp/s, and has been there for ~20K invested lollipops. Is that really as high as it can go?
Yepp lolly production tops out at 100lp/sec (or the equivalent of 17000 planted lollys)

Also if anyone beats the dragon I would love to hear your story, already had 3 run ins with the bugger (using 100HP health pots, lvl 4 life sword and the TP scrolls)

PS: Fucking unicorns >.>
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

magikeh wrote:Yepp lolly production tops out at 100lp/sec (or the equivalent of 17000 planted lollys)
...Well shit, I've got 60K planted... xD
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

BinoAl wrote:...Well shit, I've got 60K planted... xD
Heh i stopped mine at a nice 55,555
Magical Shit
Show
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

I stopped mine at 20k, but I believe there is an extremely late game way of increasing lollipop production (it was mentioned in a very old FAQ that was apparently removed for having too many spoilers).

Has anyone actually tried to make/use those strange potions at the end of the guide to brewing?
rbh

Post by rbh »

lp farm : I beat all of you, I planted 75606 lp. xD
lp production : it can be x3 by finding the horn of plenty. You can also turn on the candy converter (after you loot it in a quest) to convert all your candies into lollipops.
To kill the dragon, I went with my lvl 13 Fire sword (I used the lollypops x8 wish at the well), a few Major Health potion and TP scrolls. I also ate > 2000k Candies and have 842 HP.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Whoop! Left this guy running while i slept and came back to 8.53Mil lollys and 366k Candies, went to the well and wished up 8x on the lollys, hitup the sorceress and got everything buffed (candie production being the most spent item) Then i buffed the sword of life and purchased candies with what i had left. Went to main screen and ate all the candies and was left with 827 HP, I then went for an adventure in the keep, got thru four rooms with ~10 hp loss and then i got to the dragon, used a god potion to start then when he started hitting me i TP'd and drank a health pot. went up front and removed half his health then started to Tp back to the start as much as i could, while using the major health pots in between, when i hit the top of my HP (and was on my last scroll) I tp'd one last time and when i was right up and on him i used one more god potion. Watched anxously as he and I parried blows, needless to say I walked outta there with 271HP left. :D Now onto the last? quest.
Magical Shit
Show
Grass_Block

Post by Grass_Block »

One of my worst mistakes was using the wish for candies. I can't even hurt the dragon with the level 5 Sword of life.
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

AAAAARGH!

Enjoying this thingy a lot, but, gods, I keep forgetting to save and opening this forum in the same tab.

Other than that, surprisingly fun and addictive!
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

I managed to kill the dragon with 300 HP and a level 4 fire sword.

Strategy I used. Don't look if you like to figure this things by yourself.
Spoiler
Show
I used invencibility potions and teleport scrolls. I drink one potion when I touch the dragon. When it's effect is over i use teleport scrolls to be out of reach of the dragon until I can drink another potion.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Niyu wrote:Strategy I used. Don't look if you like to figure this things by yourself.
Spoiler
Show
I used invencibility potions and teleport scrolls. I drink one potion when I touch the dragon. When it's effect is over i use teleport scrolls to be out of reach of the dragon until I can drink another potion.
I found a slightly cheaper way: (same spoiler warning applies)
Spoiler
Show
You can use less teleportation scrolls by making some seeds in the cauldron and then planting a tree in front of you after you teleport. The time it takes to cut down the tree is more than enough for the potion countdown to go down, and maybe even enough time to drink a health pot or two. But other than that, I totally agree. Invincibility potions and teleport scrolls are the way to go.
This is game is pretty awesome, and I've been enjoying it (thank you for sharing rbh). I have a level 7 Sword of Summoning, and 791 HP (leaving candy and lollis to increase overnight helps a lot when you want to increase your HP a bunch), and I have killed both the dragon and the devil.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Ah, there's a thread here :). I've been playing this game for a while.
Spoiler
Show
Anyone have a clue on how to get the Sword of Liflamesummoning or the Sword of Randomness?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Gilberreke wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Anyone have a clue on how to get the Sword of Liflamesummoning or the Sword of Randomness?
Spoiler
Show
No, I didn't even know they existed. I've only just now gotten to the Developper's garden, with little idea how to get past it.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Psion

Post by Psion »

Does anyone know how to beat
Spoiler
Show
yourself? I've tried using every potion I had, but myself did the same exact thing, which results in me dying at the exact moment I beat myself. X-x I get i'm fighting myself, but how do I get myself to stop attacking myself? I couldn't teleport or summon an imp or anything lol.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Psion wrote:Does anyone know how to beat
Spoiler
Show
yourself? I've tried using every potion I had, but myself did the same exact thing, which results in me dying at the exact moment I beat myself. X-x I get i'm fighting myself, but how do I get myself to stop attacking myself? I couldn't teleport or summon an imp or anything lol.
Spoiler
Show
Check back at the sorceress' hut, there should be something new to buy.
Iodinium

Post by Iodinium »

Gilberreke wrote:Ah, there's a thread here :). I've been playing this game for a while.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
liflamesummoning is a level 3 bug reward (100mlp)
I don't know about the sword of randomness
edit:
Spoiler
Show
got the sword of randomness from level 5 bug
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

darahalian wrote:
Spoiler
Show
No, I didn't even know they existed. I've only just now gotten to the Developper's garden, with little idea how to get past it.
Spoiler
Show
Invincibility Potions and Teleport Scrolls, lots of them.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

Spoiler
Show
This thread is really turning into one gigantic list of spoilers. It's actually pretty funny. Thought I'd continue the trend.
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

So I finally beat the game and restarted under hardmode. Here's a link for those who wish to try it: Candy box hardmode

I'm pretty sure that hardmode is practically impossible, but I'd love to hear if anyone else might have better luck at it than me. Much of the game is the same, however a few key things have been changed, such as:
Spoiler
Show
You cannot gain more than 100 health.

and...

You cannot enchant your sword higher than lvl 5.
Oh, also a spoiler I found for the both versions that helps a bit in the early game:
Spoiler
Show
You can tickle the candy merchant by clicking on him. Doing so will give you 100 candies.