Anyone know a good texture ripper?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Anyone know a good texture ripper?

Post by FlowerChild »

It looks like I may have to break apart all the textures for the mod into individual bitmaps for 1.5.

Anyone know of a good texture ripper that will take a texture sheet like that and break it into individual files?

Unless you know precisely what I mean, please don't respond and thus send me off on wild goose chases :)
PatriotBob

Re: Anyone know a good texture ripper?

Post by PatriotBob »

Please do not smite me oh great one should I speak out of place...
But if Photoshop is your tool of choice, you can "divide slice" the export to html and it will dump them into tiles as you're looking to do.
If it isn't in your tool belt, please ignore this interruption.
*Tries to run out of hammer range*
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

I believe this software will do what you desire. I set it to split the BTWTerrain01.png into 16 columns and 16 rows, and it spit out these:
Spoiler
Show
It will probably be a bit of a pain in the ass to rename everything, but it should do the job.

(note: be sure to use the direct download link under the big green "download now" button, as the cnet downloader tends to install a bunch of crapware)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

PatriotBob wrote:Please do not smite me oh great one should I speak out of place...
But if Photoshop is your tool of choice, you can "divide slice" the export to html and it will dump them into tiles as you're looking to do.
Nah, it's good advice but I don't own/use photoshop.

I'm currently using paint.net, which doesn't seem to have any similar functionality. Maybe Gimp does though.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Briali wrote:I believe this software will do what you desire.
Ahhaha! Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

And yeah, I'm familiar with CNET, so am aware of the potential pitfalls ;)
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

FlowerChild wrote:
PatriotBob wrote:Please do not smite me oh great one should I speak out of place...
Nah, it's good advice but I don't own/use photoshop.

I'm currently using paint.net, which doesn't seem to have any similar functionality. Maybe Gimp does though.
Yes GIMP has that functionality (throw in a plug-in and it's quite nice)
But finding someone who uses GIMP willingly, my self aside, is kinda rare so I don't exactly go that direction out the gate.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

PatriotBob wrote:Yes GIMP has that functionality (throw in a plug-in and it's quite nice)
But finding someone who uses GIMP willingly, my self aside, is kinda rare so I don't exactly go that direction out the gate.
I've used it in the past and have no issues with it, but don't have it currently installed. If I can get the job done with a small utility like the one posted above, I'm a happy camper :)
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Pretty simple in my book, I even had a go at it for a while with my private tp. I'd be willing to help, possibly

Edit: ninja'd, i used the above piece of software, but couldn't find it... thats why i offered to do it...
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Dinnerbone actually released a tool to convert existing texturepacks, back when the final implementation of the texture changes was revealed in snapshots. Tried it once before, seemed to do the job. Relevant tweet: https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/2 ... 5647561728
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I saw it, but from my understanding, his tool converts to vanilla texture files, which have specific names associated with specific vanilla blocks.

Honestly, that would just confuse the issue further for me.

Anyways, this has been resolved. Thanks for the help guys.