Lightning Rod + Soulforged Steel Block?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Mr. Nobody

Lightning Rod + Soulforged Steel Block?

Post by Mr. Nobody »

Out of curiosity is there any relation between the two. I know if I power a Steel block with redstone dust it gives off smoke and sounds, but if I get a lightning bolt to strike a lightning rod on top of a Steel block will something different happen. I've been having bad luck with storms and can't seem to get a lightning bolt to strike on the steel block. I'm just curious cause it would be awesome if there were more there that I didn't know about. :3
Never be so hasty to post, but is hiding the right thing to do?
Splee999

Re: Lightning Rod + Soulforged Steel Block?

Post by Splee999 »

I don't think there is any relation. FC hinted at something like this with the Return to Home teaser video, but I think if he added something like this we would be seeing vague hints and clues towards doing this. I don't think FC could resist telling us (at least a little hint to drive us mad) about something this cool.
Gareleus

Post by Gareleus »

Splee999 wrote:I don't think there is any relation. FC hinted at something like this with the Return to Home teaser video, but I think if he added something like this we would be seeing vague hints and clues towards doing this. I don't think FC could resist driving us mad with something this cool.
Fixed that for you
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Back when the 5 phases were hot, there were added some properties to SFS. Redstone for example, or water. My memory might trick me, but I think there was another propertie added. I´m not sure if it was found.
It could be lightnings hitting the block, and it was just too rare to discover.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

Splee999 wrote:I don't think there is any relation. FC hinted at something like this with the Return to Home teaser video, but I think if he added something like this we would be seeing vague hints and clues towards doing this. I don't think FC could resist telling us (at least a little hint to drive us mad) about something this cool.
I apologize for the off-topic, but I cannot find the RTH teaser video you speak of...might I please get a link?
Gareleus

Post by Gareleus »

The video is unlisted as of right now, however he has re-listed it in temporary celebration of a couple things, he might later on but for now it is unavailable.