Why religion and minecraft should not be discussed together

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
JWA

Why religion and minecraft should not be discussed together

Post by JWA »

Wut?the!Fuck...
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51266
I haven't read past the first three pages so I can't vouch for content, but the first couple posts are priceless!
Deepsniper

Re: Why religion and minecraft should not be discussed toget

Post by Deepsniper »

Note to self: Never click on any of your links for fear of falling off my seat laughing or boss asking what I'm doing...

Btw this is completely hilarious. Didn't notice if there was any mention of BTW but if they did I couldn't imagine what they would say.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I love that forum! Who needs webcomics when you can use the search function on there (using any innocent word that comes to mind) and find out why it'll send you to hell ^.^

Might type in 'wolf' later and see if BTW is morally correct or not.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

JUst because that's not obvious to me :
Is that fuckin' real ?
I mean, that's real people, and they really say what's on their mind, that's not a joke ?

If so, I'm stuned ... I mean :
When I was a kid growing up in New York every day we kids would play wonderfull games, [...] and my all time favorite catch a nigra and make him wet himself. Each night it was 3 hours of Bible study and then off to bed by8:30pm. We grew up OK.
Scumbag.
Rasuth

Post by Rasuth »

Hilarious.
This must be one of the best trolling sites i've ever seen.

The part with the "American way of going to McD's instead of growing ones own crops" cracked me up.
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence.
Unless you're GI Socrates. Then the other half is "You don't know anything
- TheAnarchitect
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Do you want a real insight into these people's minds?

Try this one.

These forums can be a great laugh (if you follow the 'rules' strictly - demanding flower change the mods name, remove cruel treatment to wolves, add BTW to every modpack ever and calling him a scrawny wolffag is less likely to get you banned here than simply providing contradictory evidence there), just be prepared to face their mentality. That can be summed up like this:

1) I am a Christian, therefore I am right by virtue of God's existence
2) God's existence is self evident, therefore anything contradictory is wrong
3) God states that all other beliefs are wrong, therefore you cannot argue

Though they get pissed off quickly when quote a post hating on Jews, then list every piece of biblical 'evidence' they used so far in the thread...for Christians, they don't read the new testament much.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Landover Baptist is is a satire site (switch the TLD to a .org and drop the rest of the URL). I've read a different article that glorifies it instead, using different arguments but still relating it to religious beliefs. I find them more sad than funny, but that's just because there are people out there that feel that way, despite it being a satire site.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

I absolutely love that site. Go there all the time when I need a laugh. I love satire.
IGN: Camerinthus
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Katalliaan wrote:Landover Baptist is is a satire site (switch the TLD to a .org and drop the rest of the URL). I've read a different article that glorifies it instead, using different arguments but still relating it to religious beliefs. I find them more sad than funny, but that's just because there are people out there that feel that way, despite it being a satire site.
Is it really a satire site though? The .org reads about the same in a lot of ways - Escaping from madmen = possessed by the devil. Apparently.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I had to stop reading at one point simply because I couldn't breath through laughing. I personallly like the "Walking penises" comment though. He hit THAT nail right on the head.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Did you click on the Bible Crawl link? "The first thing we do is place a bible on the ground, and if the child crawls away from it, it immediately becomes a candidate for sterilization." Not to mention what they did to the poor man's family. "Rightfully burned their house to the ground." Makes me sick.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

Destroying our economy!
Minecraft teaches children that you can create your own tools by combining ingredients instead of the American way of ordering online or going to Walmart. It teaches children they can farm their own food instead of teaching them the American way of going to McDonald's. It teaches them to waste huge amounts of time on making their own buildings instead of the American way of buying a house with borrowed money! It teaches children to be creative instead of watching commercials on television! All this clearly damages and ultimately destroys the American economy! It can be no coincidence that this game was created while Obama is in office!
>.>

btw (by the way, not better than wolves (this time o.<)) religion is the greatest method of manipulateing ppl, stay away from it as far as you can.
ppl should have faith, not religion....
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Battosay wrote:Just because that's not obvious to me :
Is that fuckin' real ?
I mean, that's real people, and they really say what's on their mind, that's not a joke ?
I was quite relieved when I learned it was not real. When you know it's just organized trolling, it's kinda funny, if a bit extreme sometimes.

Concerning the Minecraft thread, I have to say Notch's reply on page 5 was priceless. Check it out. :D
P.S: The word "mormons" in his post is an automatic censor of the forum.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
JWA

Post by JWA »

Either he was being seriously sarcastic or he took them way too literally, which doesn't seem like Notch from the little I know.

As for BTW, we should introduce it to them. Specifically the companion cube and demonically possessed cement. They would get a kick out of that.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

"Minecraft teaches children that you can create your own tools by combining ingredients instead of the American way of ordering online or going to Walmart. It teaches children they can farm their own food instead of teaching them the American way of going to McDonald's. It teaches them to waste huge amounts of time on making their own buildings instead of the American way of buying a house with borrowed money! It teaches children to be creative instead of watching commercials on television! All this clearly damages and ultimately destroys the American economy! It can be no coincidence that this game was created while Obama is in office!"
That clinched it as being trolling, for me. I've seen some seriously idiotic religious fanatics, but I don't think any of them has ever been that insane.

Also, somebody please tell me the Landover Baptist site is trolling. If it's not, I've lost all faith in humanity. I suspect it is though, given that the "Women" tab goes to the extension url /lol/LOL/ and the Just 4 Kids tab goes to the url extension /tools/.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

Fracture wrote:Also, somebody please tell me the Landover Baptist site is trolling. If it's not, I've lost all faith in humanity. I suspect it is though, given that the "Women" tab goes to the extension url /lol/LOL/ and the Just 4 Kids tab goes to the url extension /tools/.
Don't worry, they are.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Lol! Oh please someone post about Better Than Wolves, cannibalism, hemp-growth, and soul-enslaving on that thread.

I will have your babies if you do :)
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

I didn't know if this was trolling or true. I sure hope its trolling.
JWA

Post by JWA »

FlowerChild wrote:Lol! Oh please someone post about Better Than Wolves, cannibalism, hemp-growth, and soul-enslaving on that thread.
I will have your babies if you do :)
Done, though I'm not sure I did a worthy job... I was gonna go back and add more, but annoyingly it won't let me edit my posts... I'm sure someone could create a special showcase video just for them if you wanted to lol
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

I think you did an awesome job, man! Just enough satire to be provocative, and written in a neutral voice. You might be able to add more if you wanted, seeing as someone else has posted.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Oh god, I love Landover Baptist! Some of the greatest bunch of trolls to have ever graced the internet. The only sad part about it is that they pretend to be only slightly crazier than the stuff you'd find on, say, Rapture Ready.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

JWA wrote:Everything is square and made of cubes of course, as the true creator Notch intended it.
LOL! Oh, you did a good job in presenting the mod. Well done.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Someone should post the mob trap video with the Morrissey song :D
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
JWA

Post by JWA »

Brief update, no responded to my post ;( But I did get a 1000 point warning \o/ Incidently, if you doubted they are trolls, look at this.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

I'm sad to admit I didn't know they were a seriously awesome trolling site.

Now just to find out if westboro baptist church is the same.