Red Vs Ash

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves

Whos better and Why?

Red
80%
Ash
20%

Total votes: 44
Panda

Red Vs Ash

Post by Panda »

So i was just wanting peoples opinion on a classic argument ive been having forever over pocket monsters with my best friend.
Ill leave out my opinion cause i have a strong one.
Do you think trainer Ash or Red from Pocket Monsters is better?

Red:
Trainer from Poket monsters Red/Blue Gameboy games.
Spoiler
Show
Ash:
From the pocket monsters anime.
Spoiler
Show
Never say no to Panda.
Elevatator

Re: Red Vs Ash

Post by Elevatator »

You should notice that Red in the Manga is not the Red from the game.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Panda

Post by Panda »

Elevatator wrote:You should notice that Red in the Manga is not the Red from the game.
Im aware but i really like that picture.. :D
Never say no to Panda.
Jesar

Post by Jesar »

Red from the games for two reasons.

First, Red is an RPG silent protagonist, so he represented myself in the the first Pokemon game. By extension, the final battle in the second gen was a spiritual fight with myself from the first game.

The second reason is that ash is an anime character from a show that's been going on for a decade and only serves to fit all of the game content into a marketable kids show like power rangers or transformers. I just don't like him as much as I like myself.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

I am horribly, terribly tempted to say Ash, if only because I am really sick of Red beating the everliving crap outta me.

On the other hand, discovering that the 'me' from red and blue grew up and is now kicking around everyone dumb enough to screw with him is kinda gratifying, even if it is me he's doing it to.

Final vote: Red. Because it's nice to know that even pokemon trainers can be badasses.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
tedium

Post by tedium »

i tried to answer your question, and then i realised i had confused this place with 4chan. I think I like Ash better because he looks less like he was drawn to look cool so kids would buy crap.
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Red, obviously.

Red leaves home with a starter and a rival who picked a pokemon specifically to beat him. Red proceeds to beat the ever loving crap out of each and every challenger or wild pokemon he comes across, rarely if ever losing a battle. Red quickly gets access to quick and easy travel via flight all over the region. Red steamrolls each and every gym leader in turn, quickly amassing an army of beatsticks that can take out virtually any opposition in one hit. Red explores for a bit and catches all three of the legendary birds. Red defeats the elite four not once, but a huge number of times just for the hell of it. Red explores a cave and catches a genetic mutant with an overwhelmingly high special stat. Red's badass enough to stand and wait in a cave for years untill the day when someone *might* be able to hand him his first real loss.

Ash wanders the globe, constantly being bulled by criminals, rarely achieving anything of real merit, and picking up ten year old girls. Occasionally does incredibly badass things that are never mentioned ever again.

Red wins.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Stormweaver wrote: Red's badass enough to stand and wait in a cave for years untill the day when someone *might* be able to hand him his first real loss.
I think he went to exile after he understood what he had done to Blue (killed his Ratticate, got his Grandpa´s respect, all in all ruined his life)
After the incident with the fight on the mountain, Red realizes that even he can be defeated. He climbs down the mountain, and sees Blue beeing a GymLeader. And so we can see him again in the turnament in Black/White 2.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

I'm probably gonna reveal my inner nerd, but...

technically Ash's real name is Satoshi. Yeah, I went there, I watch the original japanese anime. :P

More fun facts: Brock = Takashi, and Misty = Kasumi.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Panda

Post by Panda »

CycloneSP wrote:I'm probably gonna reveal my inner nerd, but...

technically Ash's real name is Satoshi. Yeah, I went there, I watch the original japanese anime. :P

...Im not even gonna say it. :D
Never say no to Panda.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Panda wrote:
CycloneSP wrote:I'm probably gonna reveal my inner nerd, but...

...Im not even gonna say it. :D

I said Red and Ash for the sake of im on an american thread.
Never say no to Panda.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

But I thought this was an international board...

and you -did- use the japanese name "pocket monsters" instead of the localized english name "pokemon"

and, and... and......

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now.

*hangs head and slowly walks away*
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I may actually be a bit bias, given I read this recently.

Red is just hardcore.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

I'd have to give it to Ash, myself, he's the one I have the greater emotional attachment to, since I never played the original Red/Blue, and I tend to like the later games a lot more than the earlier ones anyways.
Mudkipz

Post by Mudkipz »

Stormweaver wrote:I may actually be a bit bias, given I read this recently.

Red is just hardcore.
Just letting you know, i enjoyed that story.
ReaperT

Post by ReaperT »

Gotta say Red. That was my childhood right there. And Ash, well, lets just say he looks really young for being in his 20's.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

I voted red, but to my opinion on him appearing in gold and silver: I hated it. It felt like my character was being stolen and remade into a Ash or that manga character. I personally wouldn't use a pikachu on my team, and if I did, I would definately have evolved him by level 70!
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

It is the Red from the yellow edition, that´s why he has the three starter and the pikachu, wich refuses to be evolved.
I think he pretty much reflects a typical yellow edition player. (Unless you don´t like that your Pika walks behind you)
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
thygrrr

Post by thygrrr »

Team Rocket? :]

Ash, probably. I never played the Video Games. :)
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

Elevatator wrote:It is the Red from the yellow edition, that´s why he has the three starter and the pikachu, wich refuses to be evolved.
I think he pretty much reflects a typical yellow edition player. (Unless you don´t like that your Pika walks behind you)
I looked into the manga character, and it seems as though they mixed the player with him. In the manga, Red has an Espion and a Pikachu. Same as in the game.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show