Reasons for ragequit

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
AddyBaha

Reasons for ragequit

Post by AddyBaha »

Today I was on a quite long march to get some potatoes and carrots from a village about 1000~ blocks from my base.
On my way back I see a natural spawned light blue sheep standing at the edge of a taigabiome (I think its cald this way - snowy pine forest), so I decide using the wheat I also gatherd at the village to take the sheep home to have a good base for breeding. When I got about 10 blocks near the sheep sudenly a wolve I havent seen before attaks it. I wasn't fast enough and so the sheep died - wich led to me killing the wolf, search for his brothers and sisters, eat his raw meat infront of them and then quiting the game. (these last steps took me about 10-20 seconds so I still call it a ragequit)

So my questions are:
1.) How often did you ragequite?
2.) What was the most annoying/frustrating reason?
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
Ferrus.Manus

Re: Reasons for ragequit

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Usually after dying, especially to something stupid, I tend close the game and do something else to calm my nerves. Not exactly rage-quitting, more of mild-annoyance-quitting, but still.
Last edited by Ferrus.Manus on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

Mining with SF tools when stupid mistake leads me to lava dipping, thus all minerals (and this happens only when I have a lot of them) + SF stuff goes into said lava.
Ragequits, every, single, time.....
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
Shinxy

Post by Shinxy »

I have one, that's more recent too, and infuriating to no end.
I was setting up a compact turntable/saw/kiln pit thing because I needed to advance in the tech tree, but don't really like 'expanding' a base out. So, for compactness. Now, I obviously knew that fire, and the hibachi, ignited stuff that was in a certain perimeter around it. What I didn't know what that the fire can extend out through blocks to burn things. Que me coming home after some villager trading to the wonderful sight of my mostly-wooden house ablaze. The fire most likely went through some bricks and stone, hit my saw, went across my log perimeter, which spread to my wall. Rage quit, swear, punch wall, ignore MC for a week.

I've since removed any wooden items from the pit, and keep the brand-shinny-new Chopping Blocks as covers for my saws while not in use.
:V
KenLong

Post by KenLong »

CreeperCommando wrote:Mining with SF tools when stupid mistake leads me to lava dipping, thus all minerals (and this happens only when I have a lot of them) + SF stuff goes into said lava.
if you're far enough up the tech tree to have steel, there's no reason not to carry at least one fire resist potion for emergencies while caving ;)
hawkcannon

Post by hawkcannon »

KenLong wrote:
CreeperCommando wrote:Mining with SF tools when stupid mistake leads me to lava dipping, thus all minerals (and this happens only when I have a lot of them) + SF stuff goes into said lava.
if you're far enough up the tech tree to have steel, there's no reason not to carry at least one fire resist potion for emergencies while caving ;)
Lower in the tech tree, a bucket of water is a good precaution too.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

I was building a path over a large lava lake in the nether. I was all geared up with iron armour and good iron tools. I drank a fire resistance potion, just in case I fell in.
Anyway, I was about halfway across, when a ghast shot at me, knocking me off the path. Knowing I had a potion active, I thought I would be fine, but no. Turned out it was very shallow lava: I died from fall damage.
I rage quit.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
SleskePede

Post by SleskePede »

Hey everyone, first time poster, long time lurker.

I was making a dung farm with wolves on hovering blocks and an individual BD over each of them. I loaded the thing with 15 wolves and the first time I tested the otherwise simple design it sucked up all 15 wolves. All of them. All the wolves I had.
I hadent made the roof high enough and the wolbes were sitting right underneath.

I just sat there for a couple of seconds staring before my silent rage quit.
Im not playing again til I find out what I can do with my 15 new companions
AddyBaha

Post by AddyBaha »

SleskePede wrote: Im not playing again til I find out what I can do with my 15 new companions
My main base has a pistondoor made out of companioncubes. Each time I enter or leave my base my "companiondoor"
is squeaking to either welcome me or wish me good luck on my travel.
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
SleskePede

Post by SleskePede »

AddyBaha wrote:
SleskePede wrote: Im not playing again til I find out what I can do with my 15 new companions
My main base has a pistondoor made out of companioncubes. Each time I enter or leave my base my "companiondoor"
is squeaking to either welcome me or wish me good luck on my travel.
Excellent, thanks squire!
I have my mind on a 3x3 design, that Im absolutely in love with, cant wait to see it in action.
Now I can play the game again! :p
much obliged
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

Accidentally threw my Infinity 1, power 4, and flame 1 bow into a fire. After getting over the loss I decided it would be a perfect time to create my first composite bow. I quickly found out that composite bows couldn't shoot rotted Arrows, so I try a level 30 enchantment with the hopes of getting infinity and only get flame 1 and power 3. I ragequit pretty quickly after that.

I don't usually ragequit and have probably lost worse than this, but I did anyway.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

hawkcannon wrote:
KenLong wrote:
Lower in the tech tree, a bucket of water is a good precaution too.
Well I've never even crafted a brewing stand as that system feels to weird (not minecrafty for me), so fire resist potions aren't exactly a common thing for me. The water bucket should be a good choice although this often happen in caves where I spend only a fraction of my time near lava. Adding to the fact I rarely use armor whatsoever (maybe iron when venturing near nether fortresses) this gives me not much time to use the bucket anyway.... Short answer, stupid mistake is key word, or I happen to have an undiscovered attraction to lava..... But yeah, I probably need some better game-strat around that glowy stuff :)
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Never go without armor. As soon as I have spare iron, I make a full set, and then go for full steel (which I have never made a full set yet).

On the topic of rage quitting, I got attacked by four endearment today. I managed to survive that by hiding under a two high tree with about 4 hearts of health. A creeper promptly came and blew me up. I ended up in the middle of nowhere (HCS on). I got back on after a few hours. The sad thing is that it was my first death in that world, which is almost two months old. I had an amazing bow, a battleaxe and full iron armor, three pieces with level 30 enchants.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Shinxy

Post by Shinxy »

dawnraider wrote:I got attacked by four endearment today.
Aww, sounds pretty nice, actually ;p

OT: I just remembered one I loathed, though not BTW related. It was in a Forge-Tech world (BC, IC, etc.), and I was about 10 hours of development into it before my computer crashed. After a reboot... my whole world was gone. Nothing. All gone. I didn't even think of saving the seed. I rage quit from MC for, like, a month after that crap. From then on, backups, every hour, of every world I play on. I hate learning from mistakes sometimes.
:V
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Stupid fricking ipod auto correct! I am officially not posting from anything apple from now on. This is the fifth time it happened (three of those were elsewhere). First it said MC was furry, and now i'm being attacked by lots of love.
/end rant

Man, that sucks, shinxy. I had that happen to a BTW world that I had about 100 hours of work put in. Fortunately I had a week old backup, but it still really sucked
Get the Deco Addon here!
tedium

Post by tedium »

i've quit so many times after having wolves that took me more than an hour to find get blown up by some random creeper on the way home. just thinking about it makes me want to /ragescream
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

dawnraider wrote:Stupid fricking ipod auto correct! I am officially not posting from anything apple from now on. This is the fifth time it happened (three of those were elsewhere). First it said MC was furry, and now i'm being attacked by lots of love.
/end rant

Man, that sucks, shinxy. I had that happen to a BTW world that I had about 100 hours of work put in. Fortunately I had a week old backup, but it still really sucked
It's possible to turn off automatic correct/complete in the settings.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

dawnraider wrote:First it said MC was furry, and now i'm being attacked by lots of love.
MC isn't furry? I don't understand.

It's too late to make excuses about that one man. It's already been integrated into the splash screens, and it's only a matter of time before it makes a Groth-like appearance in the mod ;)
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

FlowerChild wrote:
dawnraider wrote:First it said MC was furry, and now i'm being attacked by lots of love.
MC isn't furry? I don't understand.

It's too late to make excuses about that one man. It's already been integrated into the splash screens, and it's only a matter of time before it makes a Groth-like appearance in the mod ;)
You tease, you.
devak

Post by devak »

I did it when i brought wolves home from 2k blocks away. less than 50 blocks away from my perimeter, a skeleton knocks me near a creeper. BOOM. all three wolves dead. Especially sour because i had survived a frigging jungle at nighttime, and it was nearly daytime....
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Playing Vech's waking up, set off tnt to blow up spawners, and died immediately before it blew up. The tnt destroyed everything. Enchanted diamond sword. Gone. Full enchanted iron armor. Gone. 4 golden apples. Gone. 16 blaze rods. Gone. I think you get the picture. T_T
Get the Deco Addon here!