Dragon Orb Efficency

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
magikeh

Dragon Orb Efficency

Post by magikeh »

I have just started up with BTW again (it was a long 6 month drought) and i have just started to play around with dragon orb automation. I have setup a skelly spawner that can be set to auto kill or harvest. My question is: willl one earn more xp if they kill the mob them self, collect and process the dragon orbs or is there no difference at all. Thanks for the help in advance. ^_^/
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Battosay

Re: Dragon Orb Efficency

Post by Battosay »

Same amount I think :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Totally the same amount. One of the points of that change was NOT to favor the manual killing of mobs, as it just leads to mob-traps where you wind up punching glitching masses of spiders, basically throwing them back to the days pre-Hopper...only more annoying.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

FlowerChild wrote:Totally the same amount. One of the points of that change was NOT to favor the manual killing of mobs, as it just leads to mob-traps where you wind up punching glitching masses of spiders, basically throwing them back to the days pre-Hopper...only more annoying.
Awesome! Thanks very much for the answer. ^_^/

*Runs off into the hills*
Magical Shit
Show
Skwirral

Post by Skwirral »

You'll find it more efficient still to build a universal mob trap rather than relying on a spawner. Besides being able to collect experience or loot as you want, you'll get the loot from more types of monsters, and depending on your build you'll get both much, MUCH faster.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Skwirral wrote:You'll find it more efficient still to build a universal mob trap rather than relying on a spawner. Besides being able to collect experience or loot as you want, you'll get the loot from more types of monsters, and depending on your build you'll get both much, MUCH faster.

Yeah i am still verrry early on in my world and i still have a ways to go until i have a firm foothold, also i think its more effective to do lots of caving then when you have most of the surrounding caves lit up, thats when you build a mob farm. :D
Magical Shit
Show
heyz

Post by heyz »

Related question, do saws count as environmental damage? The only way in vMC to get spider eyes is to kill spiders by hand and not with a grinder. Currently building my 1st btw mob trap, but if this is the case, it'll make my dual cave spider spawners that I found yesterday more valuable.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

heyz wrote:Related question, do saws count as environmental damage? The only way in vMC to get spider eyes is to kill spiders by hand and not with a grinder. Currently building my 1st btw mob trap, but if this is the case, it'll make my dual cave spider spawners that I found yesterday more valuable.
I've gotten rid of all aspects of mob-drops that differentiate between player damage and environmental. This includes both XP orbs, and stuff like spider eyes.

You should be getting just as many drops from a mob trap as if you killed them by hand.

And honestly: spawner based traps suck ass. You have to be within 16 blocks for them to work, and no way they can keep up with the output of a full-blown mob trap.

I will however mention that I decided to make one small exception to this general rule for the upcoming release in that you get a significant boost to your chance of collecting a mob-head if you use a Battle Axe to kill one ;)
heyz

Post by heyz »

Thanks, and yeah, I agree spawner traps are a bit lame. Good to know. :)