Hostile wolves?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
brab

Hostile wolves?

Post by brab »

Hello,

I've had something strange happen in my BTW world, and I was wondering what is going on.

I have a bunch of tunnels under my base, where I work during the night. At some point I met a wolf. I have no idea how it got there. It was a wild, untamed wolf. As I did not need any additional wolf at the moment, I killed it.

When the sun rose, I went to the surface, and noticed that one of my six tamed wolves was missing. Moreover, two of the wolves were now hostile: red eye and straight tail. They did not attack me however.

I decided to investigate this later and went digging, and after many adventures I died (I had put the BTW config file at the wrong place, so the hardcore spawn setting I had set did not take effect). After coming back to my base I saw that the two hostile wolves were still hostile, but they are nicely obedient: I can ask them to sit down by right-clicking.

I search the BTW wiki and could not find an explanation for this. May this be a bug? What can I do to investigate this further?

Thanks a lot.
pgelinas

Re: Hostile wolves?

Post by pgelinas »

Seems like this bug to me: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5431

Well, except the random wolf appearance ;)
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

brab wrote:I search the BTW wiki and could not find an explanation for this. May this be a bug? What can I do to investigate this further?
You didn't search this forum or you would have realized this has been reported multiple times.
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

brab wrote:I search the BTW wiki and could not find an explanation for this. May this be a bug? What can I do to investigate this further?
The wiki is not the place where bugs are posted. We like to keep that for information only.
brab

Post by brab »

Thanks for the link, and I'm glad to see it will be fixed in the next release. Next time I'll know better and search the forum instead of the wiki, sorry for the noise.