upcoming addon making Stave smarter dealing with redstone

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
gyx

upcoming addon making Stave smarter dealing with redstone

Post by gyx »

Redstone is hard to wire,isn't it
But,this doesn't mean we need better redstone.actually we need Stave to have a better brain to the wiring operate.
with thousands of machine been built,with hundreds of hour spending on adjust wires,and, a little mod,Out Stave finally came to the idea that the redstonewire's pointing can be manually controlled!
Pictures:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
cheers!
mod coming soon,and many thanks to guys help me developing it.
Splee999

Re: upcoming addon making Stave smarter dealing with redston

Post by Splee999 »

Wait, is this a mod you made? If so, does it require the BTW tech tree to make it? If not, I'd hurry up and delete this before the banhammer swoops down from the heavens.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

If its not a BTW addon you aren't allowed to promote it here.

Edit: Ninja'd
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
gyx

Post by gyx »

Splee999 wrote:Wait, is this a mod you made? If so, does it require the BTW tech tree to make it? If not, I'd hurry up and delete this before the banhammer swoops down from the heavens.
yes,actually there is an baseblock under the wire,and I'm looking for some way to make it controlled by turntable etc.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Better writing it in the OP ;)
when you finished the mod I like to give it a try
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

gyx wrote: yes,actually there is an baseblock under the wire,and I'm looking for some way to make it controlled by turntable etc.
That's easy. Just implement FCIBlock.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Looks pretty cool and for a lot smaller circuits as well. I'll be sure to check it out.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, it looks interesting, but I'd exercise a bit of caution with regards to enthusiasm. I suspect he probably used tile entities to make this possible, in which case, performance may be an issue.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Don't you just hate it that what you can do with minecraft, while almost limitless in potential, is often limited due to performance problems? :/

I mean my storage area is starting to lag due to the sheer number of chests. I hate this :P

This addon looks interesting, and kinda makes sense if you think that redstone dust is well, dust :P

If I didn't have a policy against using addons in my main world (or had time for other worlds) I would certaintly give it a spin..
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I want to ask for a bit of clarification on this project before we proceed:

Is this an actual add-on mod, or is it an independent mod that will have some BTW tie-in functionality?

If the latter, and that's what it really looks like, then discussion of it is not allowed on these forums.
MoRmEnGiL wrote:Don't you just hate it that what you can do with minecraft, while almost limitless in potential, is often limited due to performance problems? :/
Absolutely not. That's game development man. Balancing what you want in a game vs what computers are capable of is an integral part of game design, and is where the real skill comes in.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Once again, I was talking from a player perspective ;]

You are right of course, in that in game development the limits will always be there, and it takes skill to manage them.

But when I as I player am limited in what I can do because of performance issues, it feels bad.

E.g., I could make an overly complex machine with lots of clocks and pistons firing constantly, but realistically I cannot, I have to make most of my farms passive (i.e. triggered) rather than active, for performance reasons.

This limits what I can do a lot, and this is what I hate.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
gyx

Post by gyx »

It's a addon,and there is no tile Entity.actually,all is done by a new block called PCB,which,when placed under the redstonewire,will reshape it's pointing according to the PCB's metadata.
So, this mod worn't lag the game too much,or maybe boost a little bit since redstonewire pointing is not calculated on PCB.

PCB is create when Rendering potash on stone and...something I'm not sure.maybe something redstone is scare of, so they won't touch the rest part,Anyway,we well see it in the release
PCB current looking:
Spoiler
Show
the PCB it self could be an Aesthetic block with proper texture I think
as you can see, the redstonewire runs on the direction the PCB block is pointing to
Finally, I decide to adopt etching technique to create PCB. you'll need fermentedSpiderEye as acid, potash as protection, and stone as base material in an stoked Stewing Pot.
I still need some testing and it should be ok in a few days,if noting goes wrong.
Last edited by gyx on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

gyx wrote:It's a addon,and there is no tile Entity.actually,all is done by a new block called PCB,which,when placed under the redstonewire,will reshape it's pointing according to the PCB's metadata.
So, this mod worn't lag the game too much,or maybe boost a little bit since redstonewire pointing is not calculated on PCB.

PCB is create when Rendering potash on stone and...something I'm not sure.maybe something redstone is scare of, so they won't touch the rest part,Anyway,we well see it in the release
PCB current looking:
Spoiler
Show
the PCB it self could be an
as you can see, the redstonewire runs on the direction the PCB block is pointing to
Sounds/looks really cool. Well done gyx, impressive and original solution!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, that is a rather novel solution to the problem, and one that I didn't even anticipate. Nice job man :)
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

I'd like to point out that this will also make drawing things on the floor interesting, both simply in cut channels and in redstone. I think I'd probably spend more time making interesting patterns than actually simplifying my redstone. Which I'm OK with.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.