Pumpkins can be placed on transparent blocks

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Detritus

Pumpkins can be placed on transparent blocks

Post by Detritus »

Hello,
I have recently been trying to place pumpkins/jack 'o' lanterns on top of fence posts, and failing miserably. I crawled to the wiki, to find out why, and discovered that they can only be placed on top of solid blocks. I don't understand the reasoning behind this, as it is one of the few blocks that can only be placed on solid blocks. I proposed that Flowerchild fixes this so that pumpkins can be placed on either just fences, or even on all transparent blocks. I just don't see the logic behind this, and I have wanted to be able to place the pumpkins on fences for many reasons of late, to create what I have jokingly been calling a Scare-Ender, (of course it's not functional) which consists of a pumpkin on a fence post. This is possible by using a very cheatsy exploit; placing a solid block, and a pumpkin on top, and then replacing the block beneath with a fence post. However, this seems to me to be an exploit, and I wish there were an easier way that didn't seem so against the rules.

As I have said before, I don't see the logic behind not being able to place them on transparent blocks.
TY for your consideration.
:)
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Detritus

Re: Pumpkins can be placed on transparent blocks

Post by Detritus »

Oops, please remove this thread! I accidentally double posted!
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

No... you quadruple posted. I've never even heard of that before.
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Wow holy shit that was an epic derp. Completely accidental.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

You can put pumpkins on a non-transparent block, remove it and then put the fence post underneath... it's not "cheatsy"... it's a work-around. I really don't see the point on spending any time implementing a suggestion like this, especially since it isn't for anything other than making a purely aesthetic feature more convenient to accomplish.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Okay...

Also, the quad post:
I blame very slow internet.
Locke

Post by Locke »

But what would this add to BTW? I don't seem to remember needing to place pumpkins on fence posts as a vital part of the tech tree. While this is a legitamate complaint, it is not unnecessary nor important. I hope you don't get a vacation but... good luck.
FlowerChild wrote: Hehehe...BTW: Making Minecraft a little more vile with each release :)
Spoilered for convenience :)
Spoiler
Show
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

2 month necro to tell someone you hope they don't get a vacation? C'mon dude. That's like playing Russian Roulette with yourself.

Can we lock this one?
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah Locke: Don't necro. I'll give you a free pass here given you had a valid point in that other thread, but please check post dates before responding in the future.