Wheat seeds collectable with hoes

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Ceunon

Wheat seeds collectable with hoes

Post by Ceunon »

I couldn't find a specific thread on the topic, but I thought that, since the recent changes to Bonemeal, it was worth a shot anyways.

So, yeah, since we've got Hardcore Bone, you can't farm tall grass before you manage to get yourself a tool with Silk Touch. And sometimes, tall grass can be a bit hard to come by on big anarchy servers (especially on worlds with Large Biomes).
So why not give hoes some love and make them be able to collect wheat seeds, perhaps on the same rate as hemp?

While I do know that this is a change to vanilla behavior, it is suggested to compensate for recent changes made by the mod.
SterlingRed

Re: Wheat seeds collectable with hoes

Post by SterlingRed »

Breaking tall grass gives you more than enough seeds....like it always has. As far as getting tall grass, grass planters.
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

Ceunon wrote:I couldn't find a specific thread on the topic, but I thought that, since the recent changes to Bonemeal, it was worth a shot anyways.

So, yeah, since we've got Hardcore Bone, you can't farm tall grass before you manage to get yourself a tool with Silk Touch. And sometimes, tall grass can be a bit hard to come by on big anarchy servers (especially on worlds with Large Biomes).
So why not give hoes some love and make them be able to collect wheat seeds, perhaps on the same rate as hemp?

While I do know that this is a change to vanilla behavior, it is suggested to compensate for recent changes made by the mod.
Pretty sure shears can pick up tall grass. And the fact that tall grass is hard to find adds a challenge. It either forces you to leave your fortress and explore or raid someone else for needed resources. Why would you want to just remove that challenge?
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Because it destroys the landscape...?
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿