Increasing yield of screw recipe

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
darahalian

Increasing yield of screw recipe

Post by darahalian »

My suggestion is making the recipe for screws output two instead of one.

Currently, an entire stack of iron will only give you eight screws. Maybe I'm just being a wuss, but that just seems a little bit steep to me. For comparison, a stack of iron will give you two sets of armor plus extra, and a screw costs the same amount of iron as a chestplate, and more iron than a stewing pot.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Ribky

Re: Increasing yield of screw recipe

Post by Ribky »

Well... if you are a wuss turn off HCB. If you aren't, just build a golem farm. Iron is easily renewable once you start melting down those guys, which I'm sure is part of the reason that this recipe is balanced that way.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

I've never really liked golem farms much, unlike grabbing masses of monsters together they feel a bit hacky. But, saying any more would be a suggestion, and I'm avoiding those.
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Even without an iron golem farm, zombies still drop a large amount of the stuff. It's also one of the most common materials in MC.

If it's causing people to feel a bit of a pinch with regards to iron: excellent.

Also, not sure what's with the armor example. I can easily see a large metal screw consuming more metal than a chest-plate.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

In my base I built a massive pump stack but it still wasn't high enough for my mob farm to be really efficient so instead I used it for a while until it built up sufficient iron for me to move it up another 8 levels.

Seems like the perfect cost of iron!
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

I like the recipe like it is, my mobfarm give me enough Iron that in the time I build waterstreams with the screw pumps I have another stack of iron.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done