Phases

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Detritus

Phases

Post by Detritus »

Okay, hello everyone.
Read a lot about the various phases of the mod since I became a member of the forums, but, due to the fact that I am a new user, I have not really understood what they are. I have gathered that they are various stages in the mod's development with the next planned one being Phase 7. I also saw that Phase 5 was the Infernal Enchanter somewhere, but I still don't really understand.
So what I am looking for here, if people could be so kind, would be a full detail of the phases, implemented or unimplemented. If this is for some reason not allowed, please alert me, and then FC or someone can lock the thread.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Phases

Post by FlowerChild »

The next phase should be phase 1...or maybe 8. It's kinda like Star Wars, except phases 1 to 3 will be good.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I assume the above translates to a lack of Jar Jar and Hayden Christensen?
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

FlowerChild wrote:The next phase should be phase 1...or maybe 8. It's kinda like Star Wars, except phases 1 to 3 will be good.
I don't know, Isn't phase one hinted to be the water dimension/device/alignment? How do we know you're not adding something stupid and amphibian?

As long as we can kill or main it, I'm good.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

So what you are saying is that it goes in a different order to normal counting? Like, say, it starts at phase 8 and goes down to phase 1? Or are you saying that the phases haven't started yet? I know the Device (TM) is going to be one of the phases, but I don't really know anything else.
Or are you just hinting that this stuff is not to be talked about?
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

All will be answered in phase 12.
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

But we probably won't be able to tell as we'll all be enslaved by then.

Woops :(
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

I've dug around quite a bit, and from what I can tell, these are the phases in order of release:

Phase 1: Warmup and Stretching
Phase 2: Electric Boogaloo
Phase 3: Soulforged Ladies' Lingerie
Phase 4: Hardcore Placenta
Phase 5: The Dark Side of the Moon
Phase 6: Flying Turtle Mounted Combat Update
Phase 7: The Device™
Phase 8: Lay Them Straight
Phase 9: Ulterior Motives of Sheep
Phase 10: Hardcore Breathing
Phase 15: The Phase from the Future
Phase 11: FC's Magical Petting Zoo
Phase 12: Better Than Wolves Incompatibility Update: Better Than Wolves

I think there was going to be a Phase 13 as well, but it was scrapped because 13 is an unlucky number and FC doesn't want any weird shit in the mod. Hope this helps.

(edit to fix an incorrect pluralization, and to distance this post ever so slightly from Morv's underoos)
Last edited by Thorium-232 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

All I have to say about phase 3:

Stay the FUCK out of my underwear drawer. Since I have now actually achieved Steel in the mod, I might have to claim the title of Soulforged Steel Lady, since I like it so much.
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

morvelaira wrote:I might have to claim the title of Soulforged Steel Lady, since I like it so much.
It's got a ring to it for sure. I say run with it.
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Well, this has been a terribly useful thread, my IQ has dropped by 12 (not 13, it's an unlucky number, and I don't want any weird shit in my head) and nothing has been learnt. In fact, I think I know less about the mod now than I did before. That said, I had fun. :L I doubt there is any chance that I can get a cohesive answer here, but if there is anyone who has not gone completely insane on this forum (I don't even fit into this category any more) who knows anything, can I know? or is there just no set plan for the phases?
P.S. lol to everyone!
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Thorium-232 wrote:I've dug around quite a bit, and from what I can tell, these are the phases in order of release:

Phase 5: The Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd FTW.

So now to topic: Only the evil Lord knows, you must make a great sacrifice in order to get the answer somehting like sacrifice whole humankind or particular.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Originally, there was the Anniversary Update. Because of some technological delays from Mojang, FlowerChild eventually decided to break the Anniversary Update into smaller pieces. This was the original phases 1-4. Along the way while preparing for that, he thought of some other things that would be good to have in place before that, like the infernal enchanter. These became phases 5, 6... maybe 7? I've honestly lost count. Then the 1.3.2 update came along, and there's some updating and re-balancing to do because of that.

Will we get back around to Phases 1-4? I believe we eventually will in one form or another. Do we know what they contained? There's a lot of rampant speculation (mentions of "The Device" hook into this) but we don't really know. I hope that's as plain as you need.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Thank you Morvelaira, that's very helpful of you. I have read a lot of the lore (lore!) and been quite confused, because I am fairly new on the forums, and thus missed a lot of announcements about future plans. I gathered that the cool stuff was going to start coming again soon (by the cool stuff, I mean the phases), and so I wanted to know what they were. Anyway, this info was very helpful, feel free to lock the thread up if you think everything that needs to be said has been said. However, people may think that more needs to be said, and so if so, don't lock it up! Anyway, thanks again :D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Bah, there goes Morv being nice and spoiling all our fun again.

And here I was about to start getting into the cosmic significance of the number 12. Oh well :)
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Ha, right. 12 is totally cosmically significant.
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Phase 5 (official thread)
BTW 3.80 for MC 1.2.5
released: July 9, 2012
new block: Infernal Enchanter

Phase 6 (official thread)
BTW 3.90 for MC 1.2.5
released: July 17, 2012
new block: Groth

Phase 7 (official thread)
BTW 4.10 for MC 1.3.2
released: September 6, 2012
new block: Screw Pump

Phase 8 (to be announced)
released: to be determined
new block: to be determined
Note: It is unclear how many phases we will go through before we start the Steveland Prequel Trilogy.

Phase 1
Steveland Prequel Trilogy: Part 1

Phase 2
Steveland Prequel Trilogy: Part 2

Phase 3
Steveland Prequel Trilogy: Part 3

Phase 4
Anniversary Update - The Journey Home
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Cool, thanks everyone. I now understand more what the phases are.
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

jecowa wrote: Phase 7 (official thread)
BTW 4.10 for MC 1.3.2
released: September 6, 2012
new block: Screw Pump
Not quite, though, as Hopper Carts are also connected to Phase 7, and haven't been released yet.

I don't think you can really tie in all the Phases (yes, they do deserve the capital 'P') to specific releases of the mod. They sound more like "things FC wants to work on because he had a brilliant idea". Not that I've ever seen an idea FC's had for the mod that was anything less than brilliant. :)
Lots of planets have a north...!
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Elensaar wrote:Not quite, though, as Hopper Carts are also connected to Phase 7, and haven't been released yet.

I don't think you can really tie in all the Phases (yes, they do deserve the capital 'P') to specific releases of the mod. They sound more like "things FC wants to work on because he had a brilliant idea". Not that I've ever seen an idea FC's had for the mod that was anything less than brilliant. :)
If Phase 7 is about Better Than Buildcraft feature integration into Better Than Wolves, I would say BTW 4.10 was the start of that Phase.

Though, it might be more accurate to call BTW 4.0 phase 7 as the multi-player update, since FlowerChild had to switch modes for 1.3.2 and multi-player support.
RezDev

Post by RezDev »

Detritus wrote:Ha, right. 12 is totally cosmically significant.
1+2=3

3*12=36

6+3=9

9=3^2

reverse that and you get 23

and obviously 23 is cosmically significant...
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

morvelaira wrote:I assume the above translates to a lack of Jar Jar and Hayden Christensen?
I think an absence of Lucas will preclude those as he was the only one who thought they were a good idea... So, as long as phase n* isn't bring in George Lucas as creative director for the mod, we're good.

* Where n is a number less than infinity.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

I gave up on phasing... However, as long as every once in a while FC comes in and throws us some kibble, I'm more than content to become a zombie.
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:Bah, there goes Morv being nice and spoiling all our fun again.

And here I was about to start getting into the cosmic significance of the number 12. Oh well :)
See? I didn't totally spoil the fun. Besides, you know my advanced case of CDO has separated the sugar and spice in me pretty cleanly. Really, if you shared such a condition (instead of being made of a mix of piss and vinegar and tentacles) wouldn't you save the spice for things like bedrooms and roller derbys?
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

morvelaira wrote:CDO
This is because it's much better when alphabetized correctly, right?
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!