Non-appearing Dragon orbs?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
HappyDyas

Non-appearing Dragon orbs?

Post by HappyDyas »

Recently after updating to the newest version of BTW on a map previously played on a earlier version, ive noticed when mobs die by daylight or other means such as gravity, that the dragon orbs have not been apearing. I have yet to construct a mob grinder also so im not sure exactly if it is working properley. I dont believe it is the texture pack because i am using panda's doku craft BTW mix (if that is the correct name). Was wondering if there was a file i have to change. I would really like to not have to start yet another new world.
Graphite

Re: Non-appearing Dragon orbs?

Post by Graphite »

Should've been in tech support, I think. Anyhow, if I'm not entirely mistaken, I believe optifine had something to do with this. Any chance you're using that?
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

yes i am actually. i could never get the MC Pacther to work with all of the visual addons (ie. connected textures). The game would always crash no matter what order i installed the mods in. Even if it was through MC Pacther itself. Another annoying visual bugive encountered is that grass will grow under water on all dirt blocks. Very very very annoying.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

HappyDyas wrote:yes i am actually. i could never get the MC Pacther to work with all of the visual addons (ie. connected textures). The game would always crash no matter what order i installed the mods in. Even if it was through MC Pacther itself. Another annoying visual bugive encountered is that grass will grow under water on all dirt blocks. Very very very annoying.
Optifine is very likely the reason for the lack of orbs. If you don't need optifine for performance, you should consider getting rid of it, or at the very least install BTW last so that its base class modifications aren't overwritten, causing dragon orbs to not show up.

I use MCPatcher to install my mods and I use all the visual mods that come with it without problem, so I guess make sure you have the latest version of the patcher, and it should work. Also, for the MCPatcher version of CTM, I had to find and add the ctm.png to the jar myself, but then it worked. I don't know why the png isn't included with it.

Also, as Graphite said, for future reference, things like this generally belong in Tech Support.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

Okay, just read up on the Tech support regarding the Optifine perdicament. Seems FC isnt able to get around the modded classes that Optifine presents. I guess my next step is to try MC Patcher again. Any ideas on how to get that done?

Also is the Panda's doku craft mix a HD texture?? doesnt seem like it which is why im a little confused on why it needs the HD support. But tell me if im wrong.

And sorry for not looking in depth to this problem before whinning to everyone on the forum :(

EDIT: your right. i didnt consider the fact that this was not the Tech support. Sorry about that again
Last edited by HappyDyas on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Moved to tech support.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

Thanks for moving it.
Once again, sorry about that
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

HappyDyas wrote: I guess my next step is to try MC Patcher again. Any ideas on how to get that done?
As I said above, I use MCPatcher and all its mods without trouble, so it is possible to do this. I'm using the latest version (mcpatcher-2.4.1, the jar version, not the exe, if that makes a difference) and so you might try making sure you don't have an old version of MCPatcher whose mods don't work with MC 1.2.5. Other than that, I can't think of anything that would be causing you trouble.

Also... I just noticed that the instructions on their MCF page for installing other mods with MCPatcher use BTW as an example mod! :D
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

How cool! :D
And i got it to work with the .exe version. Had to do a little tweaking with the install order. Seems like the version before this one was a little buggy for me. Anyways, thanks for helping me become proactive! :3
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

If you go into the optifine zip and delete acw.class and ir.class, and then install it after btw it will work. If it doesn't, you need to turn random mobs off in game, our the optionsof.txt in the .Minecraft folder.
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

Thanks. But i already have MC Patcher in and its working thankfully! :) Also it seems i dont need the optifine preformance enhancement.