Arcane Scrolls burning in the crucible

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Itamarcu

Arcane Scrolls burning in the crucible

Post by Itamarcu »

Currently, Arcane Scrolls don't burn in the crucible, unlike other burnable items. It would make sense for them to burn if they're paper (although if it's "knowledge", not very much), but in any case, this makes the player not have to worry about the scroll getting destroyed, and overall makes the sorting aspect simpler and safer. If arcane scrolls were to be destroyed in the crucible, it would force the player to use more filters and make the mob farm be a bit more interesting for players, especially the ones who just routed all drops into the crucible when they don't need rotten flesh, bones, or other items they already have.

I noticed that after I made a system to filter the scrolls out of the rest of the drops, only to find out I could just allow them to enter the crucible.

What do you think?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
duartemad

Re: Arcane Scrolls burning in the crucible

Post by duartemad »

Itamarcu wrote:Currently, Arcane Scrolls don't burn in the crucible, unlike other burnable items. It would make sense for them to burn if they're paper (although if it's "knowledge", not very much), but in any case, this makes the player not have to worry about the scroll getting destroyed, and overall makes the sorting aspect simpler and safer. If arcane scrolls were to be destroyed in the crucible, it would force the player to use more filters and make the mob farm be a bit more interesting for players, especially the ones who just routed all drops into the crucible when they don't need rotten flesh, bones, or other items they already have.

I noticed that after I made a system to filter the scrolls out of the rest of the drops, only to find out I could just allow them to enter the crucible.

What do you think?
+1 I like this :)
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
Awfulcopter

Post by Awfulcopter »

I am concerned that someone who doesn't actively follow the forums might never notice arcane scrolls coming from their mod trap if they burned up.
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

Awfulcopter wrote:I am concerned that someone who doesn't actively follow the forums might never notice arcane scrolls coming from their mod trap if they burned up.
I don't get your concern, I mean when I download a new version for a mod I always go through the changelog to see what was added/ changed.
The minecraft forums post has all the information there, If people don't notice this new change it is their fault and I think most people who play the mod know the existence of the arcane scrolls.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

FC has already changed the concept of Arcane Scrolls kinda from the "knowledge" they were before to something more physical when he made it that scrolls get used up with each enchant. So on the logic front, this makes sense, and on the gameplay front, this would require the player to make sure his mobtrap was built with a good sorting system or otherwise they lose a super rare scroll.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.