Phase 7?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Phase 7?

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, here we go again :)

With the announcement yesterday of the death of BTB, and me feeling like crap about it (even while knowing it was the right decision), I've decided to work on a little something to make the day brighter both for myself and for BTB players (well, for everyone really):

I've had a number of plans in the works for in-game blocks and items that serve similar roles to some of the stuff that was in BTB. So, I've decided to once again put "phase 1" aside for awhile and work on a release including some of those ideas instead. This was stuff that I either had on the back-burner for awhile now due to other reasons, or which I never felt fully comfortable including in BTW because I felt it would conflict with BTB and create excessive overlapping functionality.

One of these I already described in a suggestion thread earlier, which will be Hopper Carts to facilitate long-range automated minecart-based item transport.

The others I'll keep under my hat to preserve my usual tease/surprise release cycle ;)

So yes! Phase 7! Ere we go :)
Calcifire3691

Re: Phase 7?

Post by Calcifire3691 »

wait? there's MORE than the hopper cart!?!

YEEEEEEEEEE!
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

LOL. FC, you're awesome, man. It must be painful carrying all those ideas around all the time.

As usual, I can't wait to see what you've come up with. Thanks for everything.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

This sounds fantastic Flowerchild. I've been pondering how I could effectively use minecarts to connect a couple facilities. I think I'll hold off on the design until I see what you've got cooking now.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

But..but...what about the poor first 4 phases? :(

Nah, I'm all for more systems. I never used Storage Minecarts, ever, so this is gonna be interesting for me :)

EDIT: thanks Morvelaira!
Last edited by Itamarcu on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

And so begins the great Better Than Wolves renaissance. I am so excited!
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
rusky

Post by rusky »

Hopper carts ? :o
Finally a use for rails and minecarts (don't look at me that way :( I never used them much, if at all).

Sounds awesome!
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

:D can't wait!
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Hopper Carts with soulsand filters, the right and only way to transport souls. Get one!
This can´t be all.
Just the cart can´t be all. Maybe steel rails that we can put on walls? :P
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
warmist

Post by warmist »

Syruse wrote:And so begins the great Better Than Wolves renaissance. I am so excited!
Read that as Greater Than Wolves :D

Also FC yet again you rock!
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Elevatator wrote:Hopper Carts with soulsand filters, the right and only way to transport souls. Get one!
This can´t be all.
Just the cart can´t be all. Maybe steel rails that we can put on walls? :P
I'm guessing either more rail improvements or a way of transporting liquids other than buckets :P (the main things BTB was used for (other than quarries and builders/fillers)
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

warmist wrote:
Syruse wrote:And so begins the great Better Than Wolves renaissance. I am so excited!
Read that as Greater Than Wolves :D

Also FC yet again you rock!
'> Wolves'?
or '> > Wolves?
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

warmist wrote:Read that as Greater Than Wolves :D
Interesting. It sounds like an upgrade but conveys the same message, how peculiar.

Anyway, finally a reason to use a minecart. Well, asides from the basic clock that I use them for.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Magick_Miner

Post by Magick_Miner »

Hoping for a Pump/Spout replacement to facilitate the use of HCB.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Magick_Miner wrote:Hoping for a Pump/Spout replacement to facilitate the use of HCB.
This. Definitely my favorite part of BtB was the close integration with HCB. FC has said before that he wants to get BTW to the same spot design-wise, so I both hope for a spout replacement and look forward to seeing how he does it BTW style.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Nice, the old "using BD to suck cart in" method of emptying carts always felt bit hack-ish (and too messy) to me.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Itamarcu - I do believe Phase 5 was 3.8, or am I horribly confused?

FlowerChild - Is it a tease/suspense release cycle, or just a tease/release cycle? Related: Will I make the 3.9 video before there's more to record? It's like counting the licks to the center of a Tootsie Pop. ;)

In general - woot :D My dreams of fully functional rail systems are coming closer and closer to life.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Magick_Miner wrote:Hoping for a Pump/Spout replacement to facilitate the use of HCB.
I remember seeing a manual water pump out here lately.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I see the death of BTB as an ideal solution, actually. It allows for the internalization of the concept behind Buldcraft items (a system that does this job) while freeing you to make it in your own way. I forsee this being a lot more fun in the long run.
Better is the enemy of Good
XboxAddict77

Post by XboxAddict77 »

I also agree with the Death of BTB. With what flowerchild has said about phase 7 is great! I agree with the spout idea, but I'm really looking forward to the hopper cart,just think automated wheat farm,(or something else), wheat goes in cart and goes anywhere I want, I know flowerchild said he doesn't want a way to transport items UP, but we put the work in for the rails and we make a spiral staircase. 2 words: Ingenious Idea!
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

I'm wondering how Hopper carts'll function, as rails have to be placed on a solid opaque block. Perhaps there is another block that 'captures' the cart?
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Well, this excites me in the nether regions.

A little bit more so than the groth from the last phase. =P
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Wow, I'm kinda speechless. This sounds too good to be true. Any and all minecart system improvements/additions make me all warm and fuzzy inside, and all squeeing outside :D

I feel minecarts are a very underappreciated aspect of minecraft, and receives very little attention from developers. Next to redstone and water-bending, it is one of the most fun and entertaining aspects of minecraft.

These news are EXACTLY what I needed to solve all my minecart system dillemmas.

If you can't tell already, I'm very excited. :D

EDIT: You little... I just checked the song hint on the eureka part deux thread :P
It's mind boggling the amount of fortitude you must have to be able to hold on to so many great ideas for this long without bursting :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Twololcats

Post by Twololcats »

First phase 5 with the mysterious infernal enchanter and scrolls, then phase 6 with nether growth which im guessing will have more purpose than being a troll plant in the future, and now phase 7 with hopper carts and more! Flowerchild, you definitely deserve an applause of epic proportions even if phase 1 keeps getting delayed XD
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Now taking bets on how many releases we'll get before phase 1! :P