XP automation speculation

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Sarudak
Site Admin

XP automation speculation

Post by Sarudak »

So I know the release is probably coming today or tomorrow but I'm really curious what you guys think. FC said that He's doing a kind of prerelease to his three part release. And that it would involve xp collection automation. But I was curious what people think. Why would xp automation be some kind of ground work for the anniversary release? I have a feeling the the 'xp' we'll be harvesting is going to have a lot more uses than just enchanting when FC gets done with it. After all FC has already indicated that the 'xp' (according to btw lore) is actually a more living vibrant form of the souls we find in the nether. Perhaps a new power source for something? What does everyone think??
fallendice

Re: XP automation speculation

Post by fallendice »

I can already see a new form of soul urn with maybe a similar bottling form using hoppers and a different filter. It would definitely give new use for xp farms. What uses he will have for the new bottled XP, in whatever form it takes is actually even more exciting. He did say new block ID's, maybe SoulForged Steel is no longer going to be the strongest ore/material. That's just one thought, but I am excited to say the least.
If it can't be built, FlowerChild just hasn't thought of it yet. ;)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Hm... Possible but since we just got steel at this point I doubt he'll be adding another material so soon. I was thinking more that we might see the living souls used in some kind of animated machinery. Like the souls in the nether are dead and used mostly for their structure. But the souls in the overworld are still bright and can be used to accomplish more complex tasks.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

well, he did say that the soul anus would play a part in it
maybe some sort of "holy shitter"? (a toilet made of glowstone)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Calcifire3691 wrote:well, he did say that the soul anus would play a part in it
I thought he just said to look up soul anus to find the thread where the ideas were talked about. Did he actually say he was going to use it somehow?
Punnikin

Post by Punnikin »

Soul anus? Please tell me this won't lead to a goatse generator.
fallendice

Post by fallendice »

Calcifire3691 wrote:well, he did say that the soul anus would play a part in it

Wow, Placenta, and now the Soul Anus. Does anyone else think that maybe FC has a bib of a perverted streak in him besides the already settled upon Evil one? Lol.
Sarudak wrote:Hm... Possible but since we just got steel at this point I doubt he'll be adding another material so soon. I was thinking more that we might see the living souls used in some kind of animated machinery. Like the souls in the nether are dead and used mostly for their structure. But the souls in the overworld are still bright and can be used to accomplish more complex tasks.
Maybe a new form of mechanical power? Doubtful, but isn't the idea of a speculation thread to throw out the crazy ideas, lol.

Maybe even useful as a coolant for BtB in the nether where water isn't usable, hmm.
If it can't be built, FlowerChild just hasn't thought of it yet. ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hehe...it's not such a mystery guys.

If you've been following the mod for awhile, you'll know that I always intended to automate XP farms. The damage Mojang did to automation in the "Adventure Update" in favor of encouraging people to go out hunting, really bugs the shit out of me. As I've often complained about, it's just resulted in people going back to semi-manual farms where you punch glitching masses of spiders or whatever. Hate it.

However, I've been putting off doing this for awhile now, as I wanted to add a couple of new block IDs for it.

Now that I've eased that restriction on myself, I've decided to tie up a few loose ends before moving onto the "3 parts" I mentioned. This is one of the last details I feel I need to take care of to really wrap up the current age and consider it largely "complete".

And the "soul anus" reference is just back-story. It does however bring you to the thread where I discuss the details of how I wanted to automate XP collection, and as a search-term, it's rather unique :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Oh... So it's not actually connected to the epic anniversary pre release trilogy... That blows my theory out of the water... Lol
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I was imagining something along the lines of being able to create machine spirits a la Warhammer 40k
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:I was imagining something along the lines of being able to create machine spirits a la Warhammer 40k
You know, that's actually not a bad idea. It kinda ties the magical and mechanical aspects of the mod together.

I like it. Will keep it in mind for the future :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Sweet! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I think that XP automation will be tied in with soul urns, beyond the progression aspect. FC did say at one point he liked the idea of "XP Bottling", and what sort of factories it would create. XP Automation will likely use soul urns extensively
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Maybe... Or maybe it'll be just another thing you can fill urns with...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Maybe... Or maybe it'll be just another thing you can fill urns with...
Or maybe it will require a new kind of "vessel" entirely ;)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Made from nether sludge?????
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Well if you think about it, only souls can absorb XP, meaning that you need something thats derived from souls to then be able to bottle XP... so probably nether sludge :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I think the root question is 'what is xp?'. Because as has been said before it doesn't act anything like experience. It seems to be more of a kind of magical energy...
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Deepsniper wrote:Well if you think about it, only souls can absorb XP, meaning that you need something thats derived from souls to then be able to bottle XP... so probably nether sludge :)
I think the quotes around vessel implies that pottery won't be used in the slightest. Some kind of placenta sacks?
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Well it's likely something made of gold or sfs since those are the most enchantable (i.e. the most capable of holding xp). Hopefully the vessels are not consumed in the process...
Dr. Kylstein

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

I figure I should post this in order to prevent too much re-tread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1757#p25949
Panda

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote:Maybe... Or maybe it'll be just another thing you can fill urns with...
Or maybe it will require a new kind of "vessel" entirely ;)
Nether sludge urns? Lol
Never say no to Panda.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

He did say he wanted to have nether sludge make entirely new kinds of potery.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

dawnraider wrote:He did say he wanted to have nether sludge make entirely new kinds of potery.
Hence why I brought it up...
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Look at what we already have: XP Bottles made from glass. I'm expecting some method of blowing glass bottles in the crucible and then filling them with do with a hopper.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.