One smal change for boxes?

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
akantorJojo

One smal change for boxes?

Post by akantorJojo »

FlowerChild wrote:-Added the ability to "tip" Stewing Pots and Crucibles by applying mechanical power to them.
this was a fantastic thing to get more automatisation in BTW.
But one thing that i´m unhappy aboth is that it´s possible to get items in boxes by using the hopper, but there is (and pls tell me if i´m wrong, cause I didn´t play for that long time) no way to get items out of boxes in this automatic way.

But now with the "tiping" ability there actualy would be a realy BTWstyle way to do so.

I hope someone likes this simple idear...
Starshifterxen

Re: One smal change for boxes?

Post by Starshifterxen »

Short answer: No.

Long answer:

1. By boxes I assume you mean block dispensers?
2. Please spell check your posts
3. Please use the search function in the future. This suggestion has already been made numerous times, with the last one being earlier today:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3991

FC's response: "No. Not being able to get blocks in item form out of a Block Dispenser is crucial to its balancing."

Lock please.
Last edited by Starshifterxen on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Do you mean boxes=chests?
If so, we likely won't see something like this happen in btw. Chests are intended for storage, minecart chests are intended for item movement. You can get items automatically out of a minecart chest with a block dispenser. (sucks in minecart chest and items spill out). Search around, there are several designs for how to do this.
I certainly understand what you are asking for, but this falls into the obvious suggestion category, something that is easy for FC to think of on his own. Also this wouldn't be a small change, it would be a rather significant gameplay change to Vanilla, something BTW tends to avoid. BTW adds stuff to minecraft and only makes minor changes to existing content as FC sees fit. I doubt this will be one of them.
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Lol, thanks Sterling, that might make more sense!

If you need to tip it, just use a stewing pot/crucible. You don't have to heat it.

Adding this to chests would not allow you to do something you can't do just as easily using an alternate method.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

You can also simply suck in a chest with a BD to drop the inventory!
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

1. box=chest ;)
2. did not think abouth the possibility to use a blockdispenser to suck it in and drop the items... taht sounds god and acualy is exactly what i´m searching for....

well it was just an idear... but your opinions abouth this changed mine... thx for that