Windmill not supplying power.

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Takinomfan

Windmill not supplying power.

Post by Takinomfan »

Couldn't find anything similar, so I'm posting.

Today I noticed that the new Minecraft update is out, so obviously pushed "Not Now". When I tried to make my elevator go down, however, nothing happened. I checked the gearboxes, pulleys, redstone and axles, but found nothing wrong until I saw that the windmill wasn't moving. I tried breaking it and replacing a couple of times, but it just sat there. It was working yesterday, and I haven't changed anything since except loading some new chunks while hunting down some Iron. ^_^
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Windmill not supplying power.

Post by FlowerChild »

Moved to tech support. The likelihood of this being a bug is extremely low.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

The windmill isn't moving at all? Are you sure there's no blocks above the windmill? Even a single cobble directly above the windmill can cause it to stop spinning.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Gainspipr

Post by Gainspipr »

Make sure some block diagonally attached to the gearbox or above an axle isnt being powered by redstone.
(because this happened to me a lot when i was making my Soul Urn Factory)
Gearboxes randomly turned off because of that.
La la dun wan herp derp
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

i had a similar problem not too long ago. try breaking the windmill, tthe axle its attached to and the 1st gearbox its attached to and replace them. see if that helps.
FlowerChild wrote:"Fuck me".
Takinomfan

Post by Takinomfan »

Kain Magin wrote:try breaking the windmill, tthe axle its attached to and the 1st gearbox its attached to and replace them. see if that helps.
Yeah, it worked for about five minutes after that. The it just froze again.
Gilberreke wrote:The windmill isn't moving at all? Are you sure there's no blocks above the windmill? Even a single cobble directly above the windmill can cause it to stop spinning.
When it first stopped spinning I checked, but there were none. Besides, it wouldn't have let me place the windmill if there were blocks above it, right?
Gainspipr wrote:Make sure some block diagonally attached to the gearbox or above an axle isnt being powered by redstone.
There's no redstone around it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Takinomfan wrote: When it first stopped spinning I checked, but there were none. Besides, it wouldn't have let me place the windmill if there were blocks above it, right?
Sure it would.

Also, if you're using MCEdit to modify your world, that has been known to mess with Wind Mills and Water Wheels.
Takinomfan

Post by Takinomfan »

Oh, I thought that text reading "Can't see sky" popped up. It used to...

I did use MC edit to re-load some chunks that weren't appearing, so I guess that solves the mystery. So how do I fix it?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Takinomfan wrote:Oh, I thought that text reading "Can't see sky" popped up. It used to...

I did use MC edit to re-load some chunks that weren't appearing, so I guess that solves the mystery. So how do I fix it?
Remove it, replace it, and do so every time you use MCEdit. MCEdit breaks custom entities.

And no. Text only pops up if you're trying to place the Wind Mill in an invalid area.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Takinomfan wrote:Oh, I thought that text reading "Can't see sky" popped up. It used to...

If you have chunks not loading in ssp, you may have some world corruption happening. If the issue continues to happen a lot, I'd think about starting a new world before I got too far if I were you.
Takinomfan

Post by Takinomfan »

SterlingRed wrote:
If you have chunks not loading in ssp, you may have some world corruption happening. If the issue continues to happen a lot, I'd think about starting a new world before I got too far if I were you.
It only happened the once, and I think it was because of a new world generator that uses all the new space in MC1.2 called Wedge. I haven't had that problem since, so I think I'm good.
Thanks all!
*in awe that FC actually read my post!*