Your computer desk?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
BinoAl

Your computer desk?

Post by BinoAl »

I'm sort of curious: Where does your computer stay? Mine's messy as hell, filled with empty glasses, and freshly microwaved pizza atm :)
Spoiler
Show
gftweek

Re: Your computer desk?

Post by gftweek »

BinoAl wrote:I'm sort of curious: Where does your computer stay? Mine's messy as hell, filled with empty glasses, and freshly microwaved pizza atm :)
Om nom nom, now I want pizza for lunch.

My wife and I like our house to be tidy and clutter free. My solution to this is to dump stuff in my office instead, so yeah not that tidy. My desk is currently covered in bills and receipts to be filed random scraps of paper for scribbling on and miscellaneous tools that should be put away. Every now and then I get motivated and clean 1/2 of it, but then it gets just as messy by the time I do the other 1/2.
Urian

Post by Urian »

My desk is gargantuan so it holds (from memory since I'm on vacation in France atm):
-2 monitors
-2 keyboards + 2 mice (or is it mouses for the input type?)
-laptop
-wacom drawing tablet
-5 external HDs
-printer
-2 piles of books
-1 pile of papers
-photo collage frame
-wireless headset charger

That takes up about 2/3 of my desk, the remaining 1/3 is in a flux between empty and occupied by water bottles, random mail, dishes from my latest meal, etc.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Panda

Post by Panda »

Here ya GO!
Spoiler
Show
Never say no to Panda.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Mine is just a laptop on a desk, and the only things I put near it is the phone...So I have no interesting pics for you all.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
StormBeforeDawn

Post by StormBeforeDawn »

Gah, clutter. Not permitted!

3 screens, tidy. Tower on the desk and all light up. Sound system in 5.1 arrayed around me. Sound activated cold-cathodes complete the environment.
~Storm
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

Panda wrote:Here ya GO!
Spoiler
Show
I think I have the same iPod case as you :D
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

Also, might as well
Spoiler
Show
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

I have a lap desk for my MacBook Pro. That isn't used much of the time.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Laptop, on a desk filled with papers, and tons of crap. Much of which I can't remember what it was for.
MrGrau

Post by MrGrau »

You can't compete with the comfort of your own bed.
Spoiler
Show
bmanfoley

Post by bmanfoley »

I like my desk

http://i.imgur.com/oQ0Zb.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/1k8Zd.jpg?1

Links instead of spoilers 'cause the pictures stretch the page when embedded here
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

bmanfoley wrote:I like my desk

http://i.imgur.com/oQ0Zb.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/1k8Zd.jpg?1

Links instead of spoilers 'cause the pictures stretch the page when embedded here
roflmao, i love the fact that your 1st pic is all "look at my clean and tidy desk" and the second pic shows "and theres all the stuff i just yanked off my desk for it to be clean" ^^
FlowerChild wrote:"Fuck me".
bmanfoley

Post by bmanfoley »

Nah, that's just how it always is :P. I love my desk, but that area to the right is a VCR tape to digital converter, a cassette player to digital converter, and printer. My family uses those, not me. I just have to hook it up down here because my computer is the central "hub" of the house. Screw cleanliness over there.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

I can't get a picture of the mess, but I can give you an idea of what it looks like.

To the left of my desk is a table, which holds my tower.
Spoiler
Show
To the right of that is my desk, which has two shelves on the left and a whiteboard on the right in addition to the actual desk. Top shelf is a couple of movies, a small portion of my games collection (from before I bought digital), and a light. The lower shelf has my alarm clock (which is there purely as a clock for when my computer's off) and my house phone. My headphones are hanging on a thumbtack between the shelves and whiteboard. On the surface, I have a small alcove below the shelf where I have my left speaker and the TV I use as a monitor, with my keyboard in front of it. On the other side, I have my right speaker, my mouse, and a flat power strip (designed to be under a monitor) with individual controls for each plug, which I use for my phone charger, my speakers, and my desk light (the one on the top shelf); on top of the strip, of course, is my other monitor.
Spoiler
Show
Not quite the same model; the sides are solid, the drawer and slot that looks like it can hold a tower is on the right, the divider between shelves and whiteboard is more centered in mine, and there's no covers on the keyboard shelf or tower storage.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
badmojo98

Post by badmojo98 »

Spoiler
Show
eww panda, it's a screen within a screen within a screen!

my computer sits on a coffee table, i sit on a couch, and my keyboard and mouse sit on an outdoor wooden seat in between. this all occurs in a garage. there are currently 5 empty coffee cups on the table, and around 40 empty jack daniels and coke cans on the floor. behind that, on a computer desk, i have a tv lol. i use my computer alot to watch television shows and movies with friends, so the screen easily rotated to face up to 5 people on couches. oh, and behind me is an old pool table which holds a little bit of historical value to it. ned kelly would have once played on it (it's from a pub in his home town)
No one would say that what they were doing was complicated. It wouldn't even be considered new, except for maybe in the geological sense. They took from their surroundings what was needed and made of it something more.
- Primer
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

Spoiler
Show
question, what figurine is that? Rei Ayanami from NGE or KOS-MOS from Xenosaga? (thinking Rei, but im not really positive)
FlowerChild wrote:"Fuck me".
Folrig

Post by Folrig »

BinoAl wrote:I'm sort of curious: Where does your computer stay? Mine's messy as hell, filled with empty glasses, and freshly microwaved pizza atm :)
Spoiler
Show
Hey! You and I have the same tower!

My desk is rather clean right now, because we have company.
This...all of this...is just...wonky!
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

My desk is currently covered with a fine layer of Hero Factory pieces, it's a huge mess.

I also have my scanner on there.
Sajuuk

Post by Sajuuk »

Derp Desk
It's an old hand made coffee table... that I pull up beside my futon couch with my keyboard on my lap.
Spoiler
Show
I got rid of a desk long ago. I move around too much, really.
[ IGN = Herpingderp ]
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

This is mine. Didn't have a camera around, so this was the best I could manage.
Spoiler
Show
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

This is mine. The rest of my room is actually pretty tidy, I just don't clear out the bottles often enough.
Spoiler
Show
splunker1

Post by splunker1 »

TADA!!!

And the complete mess of wires:

Last edited by splunker1 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Or, maybe not...
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Ok. I'll wade into this. Here's my desk.
Spoiler
Show
For good measure, here is my husband's desk.
Spoiler
Show
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

The joke's on you! I don't have a desk!

...My monitor is sitting on a chair with the tower looming like some black monolith(tastefully decorated by whatever I happen to have been using last) beside it on the ground. In between the chair legs is my Xbox 360. I sit on the floor in front of this, keyboard in lap and mouse on the floor beside me.

I'd show you what I mean, but I don't have any cameras(I hate pictures). Even my phone doesn't have a camera.

Is anyone else curious as to how Gil took a picture without a camera?

@morv: Your desk(read:the clutter) looks like mine did before I moved and couldn't bring it with me.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.