What is this forum's definition of 'necro'?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
grimper12341

What is this forum's definition of 'necro'?

Post by grimper12341 »

Just curious since I've seen people crying necro and threads being locked when someone posts a week after it 'died'.
The 3.22 release thread was even called 'aging' when someone posted in it *2 days* after it died (and it's only been 8 days since BTW 3.22 came out).

From other forums I use the general rule of thumb for necro, is that it is defined as such if someone posts in the thread after a month.
Stormweaver

Re: What is this forum's definition of 'necro'?

Post by Stormweaver »

about a week imo. This forum's...rather active.

ofc it doesn't matter in the slightest so long as the bump is relevant, and the thread's info isn't completely outdated.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

So it's a double standard depending on the intelligence of the poster then. Suspected as much since it's how most of the forum works xD (not that I have a major problem with it, it's refreshing, but it seems to be moving us towards elitism)
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

grimper12341 wrote:So it's a double standard depending on the intelligence of the poster then. Suspected as much since it's how most of the forum works xD (not that I have a major problem with it, it's refreshing, but it seems to be moving us towards elitism)
not the poster, the post. If you don't really have anything to contribute when it's active, don't contribute when it's inactive.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

I'd just use common sense. Also it's not only when you post or what you post, but also how you post it.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

grimper12341 wrote:So it's a double standard depending on the intelligence of the poster then. Suspected as much since it's how most of the forum works xD (not that I have a major problem with it, it's refreshing, but it seems to be moving us towards elitism)
I'm fine with that. The forum was created so I wouldn't have to directly deal with the unwashed hordes over at MCF, because it had gotten completely out of control after the Yogscast vid.

The options available to me to preserve my own sanity were to basically cut-off all communication with the community, or find a means to communicate exclusively with the more intelligent portion of it.

So, yeah, the whole concept behind the forum is elitist, and thank the gods for it. Fuck the proletariat ;)
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

FlowerChild wrote: So, yeah, the whole concept behind the forum is elitist, and thank the gods for it. Fuck the proletariat ;)
if I remember correctly I think "elitist swine" was the first idea for the flying turtles title wasn't it?
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I am still sad I could never be elitist swine.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

They don't have to call you smart to be smart. ;]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said