Question: BTW in mods folder

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
phrost

Question: BTW in mods folder

Post by phrost »

I was reinstalling my mods yesterday to latest versions, since 3/4 mods I use were updated and I noticed that BTW was the only one that still needed to be placed in a jar. I decided to do a little experiment and moved some files around to make BTW.zip to simply drop in mods folder. To my surprise everything worked, no crashes, all items are there, I tested the entities and everything seems to work just fine.

So here is my question, is it a problem to have BTW2.98 installed like that? Will I run into some problems eventually if its not inside minecraft.jar?
Stormweaver

Re: Question: BTW in mods folder

Post by Stormweaver »

phrost wrote:I was reinstalling my mods yesterday to latest versions, since 3/4 mods I use were updated and I noticed that BTW was the only one that still needed to be placed in a jar. I decided to do a little experiment and moved some files around to make BTW.zip to simply drop in mods folder. To my surprise everything worked, no crashes, all items are there, I tested the entities and everything seems to work just fine.

So here is my question, is it a problem to have BTW2.98 installed like that? Will I run into some problems eventually if its not inside minecraft.jar?
Yes, you will. The number of base-class changes (the ones that need to go in the jar) are decreasing as time goes on, but it's not free of them yet.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
phrost

Re: Question: BTW in mods folder

Post by phrost »

Stormweaver wrote:
phrost wrote:I was reinstalling my mods yesterday to latest versions, since 3/4 mods I use were updated and I noticed that BTW was the only one that still needed to be placed in a jar. I decided to do a little experiment and moved some files around to make BTW.zip to simply drop in mods folder. To my surprise everything worked, no crashes, all items are there, I tested the entities and everything seems to work just fine.

Yes, you will. The number of base-class changes (the ones that need to go in the jar) are decreasing as time goes on, but it's not free of them yet.
Ahh alright, and here I was hoping it would work :(

Thanks

PS. Loving your skyblock journal :)