Skins, anyone?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
BinoAl

Skins, anyone?

Post by BinoAl »

So I'm trying to get a bit more into pixel art lately. Anyone want me to make them a skin? If you search "binoal" in the skindex, it should show the ones that I've previously made, to give you an idea of my art style :D
Fracture

Re: Skins, anyone?

Post by Fracture »

I'd be interested in something new. I tend to go for skins that look like a medieval wanderer sort of things. My TPs and mods always tend to lean to a medieval era. My current skin, for some point of reference, can be provided. Thanks in advance if you decide to make something :)
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Fracture wrote:I'd be interested in something new. I tend to go for skins that look like a medieval wanderer sort of things. My TPs and mods always tend to lean to a medieval era. My current skin, for some point of reference, can be provided. Thanks in advance if you decide to make something :)
What general type of medieval skin would you want? I feel like making a good knight skin could be fun :) I can't seem to picture a medieval wanderer, do you have a link to a pic of one?
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

I've been using a dwarf skin lately (more because of their engineering ability that's attributed to them than anything), although if/when the Godhood SMP server goes live, I probably would want to switch it to something else, probably in the theme of a redstone engineer.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Katalliaan wrote:I've been using a dwarf skin lately (more because of their engineering ability that's attributed to them than anything), although if/when the Godhood SMP server goes live, I probably would want to switch it to something else, probably in the theme of a redstone engineer.
So, possibly a steampunk type of thing, but with like glowing redstone goggles, and redstone torches in his belt? that could be pretty epic :)
Sajuuk

Post by Sajuuk »

When I found that skin of a guy wearing wolf pelts I thought 'hey cool' ...then I got into BTW and chuckled to myself. I've stuck with it since, 100%, though if my mind wanders for something new I may speak up again. :)
[ IGN = Herpingderp ]
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

I've been looking for a really scruffy and bedraggled shipwreck guy. Long beard and hair, torn pants, scrawny kind of thing.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Got the redstone one done :) It's like a steampunk type skin, but with redstone goggles and redstone torches on his belt. Search BinoAl on the skindex for it. I accidentally mixed up the name and description, so the description says redpunk, and the name says steampunk, with a redstone twist :)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Speltz wrote:I've been looking for a really scruffy and bedraggled shipwreck guy. Long beard and hair, torn pants, scrawny kind of thing.
Thought I'd share this: Got the face done on yours, and now i feel the need to make Jesus. I mean, i have his face already. xD The long hair + facial hair (I've never done a full beard) make it look quite... holy. :3
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

BinoAl wrote:
Speltz wrote:I've been looking for a really scruffy and bedraggled shipwreck guy. Long beard and hair, torn pants, scrawny kind of thing.
Thought I'd share this: Got the face done on yours, and now i feel the need to make Jesus. I mean, i have his face already. xD The long hair + facial hair (I've never done a full beard) make it look quite... holy. :3
Could make a combo. Shipwrecked Jesus.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Speltz wrote:
BinoAl wrote:
A crown of thorns + being lost in the middle of nowhere. Oh dear.
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

BinoAl wrote:
Speltz wrote:
BinoAl wrote:
A crown of thorns + being lost in the middle of nowhere. Oh dear.
On the other hand, he could just walk back to the mainland, so he'll have an easy time of it.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

What color shirt do you want him to have? Ive got a yellowed kind of white right now, but it just doesn't look right.
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

I was going to make a request, but then I saw Frank the Bunny. I'm good.
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

Thinking no shirt, because of the punishing rays of the tropical sun?

Edit: Oh, but enormous nips. Just for flava.
Last edited by Speltz on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

PuppetRebel wrote:I was going to make a request, but then I saw Frank the Bunny. I'm good.
Aha. One of my personal favorites. I was disappointed at the lack of good ones. That one took me a good half hour <3
Speltz wrote:Thinking no shirt, because of the punishing rays of the tropical sun?
Sounds good :D
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Oh, I was thinking about getting a new skin myself! :D
I'd love to look like Natsu Dragneel ^_^
Picture
Show
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

Incredibly offtopic, but whenever i see your name this song comes to mind Bino
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

K, the shipwrecked guy skin is up now. Apparently the name and desc switching wasn't my mistake, but mislabeled fields? Odd. Starting on the Netsu Dragneel skin :D
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

Cool, thanks alot man.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FaceFoiled wrote:Oh, I was thinking about getting a new skin myself! :D
I'd love to look like Natsu Dragneel ^_^
Picture
Show
Want him to look angry like in the picture, or regular expression?
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Hmm, regular or with a big fat smile :D

he's a rather goofy idiot tbh :D
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

The "redpunk" look wasn't quite what I expected, but that didn't stop me from downloading it.

...Now I just have to think of what kinds of contraptions would be needed/useful on a multiplayer server.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FaceFoiled wrote:Hmm, regular or with a big fat smile :D

he's a rather goofy idiot tbh :D
Got it done. Sorry bout this one, its hard creating a character I've never heard of :p
Katalliaan wrote:The "redpunk" look wasn't quite what I expected, but that didn't stop me from downloading it.

...Now I just have to think of what kinds of contraptions would be needed/useful on a multiplayer server.
Anything you want me to change about it? I'm glad to do it tomorrow, but i've gotta get to bed so i can wake up at 6:30 tomorrow morning :p
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

BinoAl wrote:
Katalliaan wrote:The "redpunk" look wasn't quite what I expected, but that didn't stop me from downloading it.

Anything you want me to change about it? I'm glad to do it tomorrow, but i've gotta get to bed so i can wake up at 6:30 tomorrow morning :p
No, it's fine as it is. I had in mind kind of a guy in gray with stains from the redstone he works with on his clothes, but I think your interpretation is better - less likely to be confused with bloodstains.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show