Hemp seeds faster???

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
christonian

Hemp seeds faster???

Post by christonian »

Anyway to collect them faster???

getting maybe 5-10 max for a huge area and many tools lol

harvesting by water and near the start of my game no diamonds yet but stocked up on most others
Last edited by christonian on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sky_Som

Re: Hemp seeds faster???

Post by Sky_Som »

Get a better Hoe, thats about it.
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
christonian

Post by christonian »

I got about 14-16 growing in nature by lake after about 2 iron and 4 stone hoes

Is that a good start or I should get more for a growing base
Creepig

Post by Creepig »

It's a start. Make sure just to trim the top, it goes faster that way.
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

Creepig wrote:It's a start. Make sure just to trim the top, it goes faster that way.
Yes it is a great start... Just get some light blocks and you can get a herm farm going. That is all I started with and now I have over 100 plants growing at once and have several stacks of seeds.
Creepig

Post by Creepig »

Sky_Som wrote:
Creepig wrote:It's a start. Make sure just to trim the top, it goes faster that way.
Yes it is a great start... Just get some light blocks and you can get a herm farm going. That is all I started with and now I have over 100 plants growing at once and have several stacks of seeds.
He's not quite ready for the Nether if he's still using stone tools, methinks. However, yes, light blocks would allow a good hemp farm.
Danyo

Post by Danyo »

What I did when I started a new world when I started using BTW was get ~5-8 seeds or something, make a small farm, and then started doing my general things what people do when they've started in a new world, get settled etc, while you do that, the hemp will grow, and make a habit out of only punching off the top block, like with sugar cane. By the time I decided to make a new and bigger farm, I had more then a stack of extra seeds to get going :)

The way I made my first farm was simply an extra door outside my house, surround it by fences, placed a water area in the middle, and off I went :)
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

Creepig wrote:
Sky_Som wrote: Yes it is a great start... Just get some light blocks and you can get a herm farm going. That is all I started with and now I have over 100 plants growing at once and have several stacks of seeds.
He's not quite ready for the Nether if he's still using stone tools, methinks. However, yes, light blocks would allow a good hemp farm.
Says who? But you do have a point, although he does have iron tools. You only need a bucket and a lake of lava to get a portal. (By the way, peaceful is great the first time you go in, those ghast are ***.)
christonian

Post by christonian »

Thanks everyone I will take it slow and like above I will just keep going with the basics and come and collect every so often