A question about charities/donations

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
ServantOMallard

A question about charities/donations

Post by ServantOMallard »

Hello all,

I just wanted confirmation on the forum policy regarding asking for donations for charities. The reason I ask is I'm taking part in a charity event called Movember, basically being sponsored to grow and style a moustache throughout the month of November in aid of a couple of charities dealing with and helping to raise awareness of prostate and testicular cancer as well as men's health in general.

Before I shamelessly self plug I wanted to get the OK to do so, although I'll completely understand if it's not.

Cheers,

Nath
I must respectfully decline your request with massive explosions
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: A question about charities/donations

Post by FlowerChild »

Errrr...I guess so. I'm only hesitant because if this became a common thing, I wouldn't feel comfortable if people started campaigning for charities I might personally be opposed to, as it would be effectively using the mod/mod-community that I've built up to raise funds for something I'm against. Also, telling them I am opposed and they can't do that might easily descend into politics.

But, in the case of testicles, big goofy mustaches, or anything related to the rectum, I'm a big supporter, so feel free and we'll see how this goes as a test case :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: A question about charities/donations

Post by FlowerChild »

Actually, no, sorry man, after further consideration this would put me on a slippery slope.

Even with something like this that I personally support, it starts getting into gender politics as to why campaign for health for a particular gender, instead of for health for people in general.

So yeah, going to lock it down in this case and nip it in the bud where at least I'm on the side of agreeing with the cause itself, instead of waiting until it would cause controversy.