Animals + Water flows, post Hardcore Bouy [Solved]

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
morvelaira

Animals + Water flows, post Hardcore Bouy [Solved]

Post by morvelaira »

So. I was attempting to design an auto-pig breeding farm. I set up two pigs in breeding harnesses on either side of a moving water stream (from a screw pump) and then bred them. The baby dropped into the water stream between the parents just as I expected, but then he just stayed there. He was not pushed by the water stream, and since the section of the water flow that he landed in was over half a block high, he eventually drowned. I know I carried out a similar test before Hardcore Bouy was in BTW, and I did not experience the same results.

Admittedly, I did this in creative as a quick test. Does anyone else out there have a similar problem in a survival world? I want to double check that this is not just me for whatever reason, and that I'm not doing something wrong before I file a bug report.
Last edited by morvelaira on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
jadedcat

Re: Animals + Water flows, post Hardcore Bouy

Post by jadedcat »

On Sphears server and Incomitatum's we have had the same issue. We thought it was a vanilla issue but what we have seen is:

Animals glitch through fences-- vmc bug I believe
SO we put up walls and they suffocate..

So we added 1 deep water streams around the inside of the pens... still or moving the animals drown. In 1 deep water. They do not get pushed to the center safe zone or towards the saws they just drown.

The same setups prior to hardcore bouy worked great at keeping animals from suffocating in walls or glitching through fences.

I haven't tried this on my server since the update...cause I am not that farm into the tech tree.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

To answer Jaded's concern about it being a vanilla issue, I ran a quick test with a similar set up in a vanilla jar. (Pigs in minecarts, instead of pigs in breeding harnesses.) The water flow pushed the baby pig without issue.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Chalk this one up to solved, by the impeccable Syruse! See, what I was doing apparently was having half slabs beneath the water. The piglet sunk down to the half slab's level, but therefore was too low to be pushed, whilst simultaneously having his head underwater. Poor piglet.