Four's a Crowd: A Minecraft & Better than Wolves Let's Play

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
RezDev

Re: Four's a Crowd: A Minecraft & Better than Wolves Let's P

Post by RezDev »

I just wanted to say that I've been enjoying this series so far as well, and Florastar has a new subscriber here.

It's a blast watching everyone play and discover all the little things about BtW and the difference in play style that they bring, and I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress down the line.

Great job so far, everyone! :)
Off-topic about HCB
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
jorgebonafe wrote:After playing HCB for a while I'm convinced it should be an undisableable (is that a real word?) feature of the mod.
I agree with you man, but unfortunately it just fucks with existing worlds too much for me to be comfortable with that.

It doesn't do so in the usual ways, but man: do worlds that were previously not using it, and worlds that do, ever clash horribly.
I know that this is a bit of a tangent in this thread, so I put it in spoilers, but since this started here, I thought it best to respond here as opposed to starting a new thread. Apologies if this was the wrong decision.

As I've seen a couple of comments recently stating that HCB should not be optional, I'd like to give a contrary opinion as food for thought.

First off, let me say this: the hardcore modes are awesome, and I love the added gameplay that they bring. I know I've mentioned this elsewhere, so I won't repeat that here.

And I also like the challenges that HCB brings to the game, especially in the early game, and in the technical aspect of building. I think that, for the most part, it is a fun game mode that adds a different aspect to the gameplay that creates its own play-style.

That being said, I like the fact it is toggleable. One of the things that first drew me to Minecraft, and one of the things that still draws me to Minecraft, is aesthetic building and the ability to create fanciful structures and cool-looking landscapes. Using fluid source blocks for this kind of building is an ability I would hate not to have.

One of the things that I love about BtW is that it adds a ton of gameplay to Minecraft without taking away from the feel of Minecraft, and thus I can have the survival/exploration part of the game, the technical building part of the game, and the aesthetic building part of the game, all working together in a neat package of awesomeness. It's having my cake and powering it, too. :)

Anyway, it's just some food for thought from someone who enjoys playing by 'Semi-Hardcore Buckets' rules. :)
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

This is great guys! Just saw the second episode. Very exciting. I really hope slowpoke and flora resist the temptation to learn more about the mod since the learning-while-we-watch aspect is probably my favorite part of the series.

Can't wait to see the reaction to some of the things to come. At the rate FC is updating the mod though I don't know if you guys will ever reach the most recent features :P.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

For those of you that didn't know, flora's 3rd episode is out!

I will say, these episodes are quite enjoyable. The banter between friends is certainly better than the traditional narration of normal LP's.

I understand that atm ya'll are just resource collecting, but it would be fun to see flora go with you guys and explore every now and then.

But over all good show.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

I'm wondering if flora and slowpoke know about item bouyancy, or if it just seems so right that they hadn't noticed it wasn't vanilla?
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Foxy Boxes wrote:I'm wondering if flora and slowpoke know about item bouyancy, or if it just seems so right that they hadn't noticed it wasn't vanilla?
They could just have easily not been playing in the right BTW version as well.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

walker_boh_65 wrote: They could just have easily not been playing in the right BTW version as well.
I think I saw a few items floating here and there. Not sure though.
Inatun

Post by Inatun »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
Foxy Boxes wrote:I'm wondering if flora and slowpoke know about item bouyancy, or if it just seems so right that they hadn't noticed it wasn't vanilla?
They could just have easily not been playing in the right BTW version as well.
No, I definitely saw hemp seeds and sugar cane floating in the water.
Rianaru wrote:As always, your updates drag us kicking and screaming towards our enjoyment. Bravo, sir.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I'm pretty sure I saw flora's post on the MCF talking about Hc Buoy, so she knows about it.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

All of our recording was done 4.14 and later - so Hardcore Bouy was in effect. I know they are aware of it, though not sure how much they're aware of the implications of it. I know they didn't seem to notice it while playing - I didn't get any questions about it on camera or otherwise. ;)

Edit: It's been brought to my attention that we actually recorded the three episodes that are public now on the day Hardcore Bouy came out - BEFORE the update. Starting with Episode 4 on Monday is when that feature would have been active.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

morvelaira wrote:Edit: It's been brought to my attention that we actually recorded the three episodes that are public now on the day Hardcore Bouy came out - BEFORE the update. Starting with Episode 4 on Monday is when that feature would have been active.
So I wasn't crazy when I thought I didn't see it?
haphazardnuke

Post by haphazardnuke »

Then that makes me crazy for seeing it? When flora was harvesting hemp and complaining about having to swim to do so, I'm fairly certain I saw the seeds floating...
Either way, I'm enjoying this series. I usually can't watch any video that lasts longer than 10-15 minutes (I have a need to multitask), but I've found myself watching the whole video at once, without background tabs or games. Well done.
PizzaSHARK wrote:It's fun trying to quietly assassinate your kids and family members
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

haphazardnuke wrote:Then that makes me crazy for seeing it? When flora was harvesting hemp and complaining about having to swim to do so, I'm fairly certain I saw the seeds floating...
You're not crazy. In episode 3, at least, there are seeds floating at 09:06. O.o

EDIT: As far as I can tell, the earliest items were floating was at 04:50 in episode 2. But then again I wasn't paying much attention.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

I'm now subscribed to Florastar. This is a brillient let's play... It just makes me ITCH to get on multiplayer!
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Since Flora is being shy today....

Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

That was hilarious. Can't wait until they learn more about dung!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

That growling at the end was the wolf defecating.
OldMarriedDude

Post by OldMarriedDude »

Spectacular 4th Episode! My wife says you guys are funny nerds. I told her to go back to killing people in her game. I really enjoy watching your LP. I didnt know you could dye windmills that is very cool.
kjbrona

Post by kjbrona »

Great LPs!
Love the "What?! We can build what??? Really!?!"

FYI - the windmill sails are colored one after the other, not individually. So to get the purple/white/purple/white that Flora wanted, she would have had to use purple dye then bonemeal then purple then bonemeal.

Keep up the good work!
XantyZon

Post by XantyZon »

Are you playing with the hardcore Bedding update yet?
Is it better to have posted and failed or to have never posted at all?
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

The episodes for the remainder of this week were recorded on 4.16 I believe. Further episodes will be on 4.20 and later.
XantyZon

Post by XantyZon »

Thank you for the information Morvelaira
Is it better to have posted and failed or to have never posted at all?
OldMarriedDude

Post by OldMarriedDude »

Love Ur series eagerly awaiting the next episode
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

I'm really enjoying the friendly banter aspect of it so far, but in fairness, the first 4 episodes has been Flora harvesting wheat, cracking eggs and milling stuff. Unless she actually starts filming some of the more fun stuff, I do believe people will start losing interest - I will at least.

And just to clarify: By "fun stuff", at this point I more or less mean anything but farming.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Yeah, you should've recorded as well, you could have someone cut it up into a nice clip.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.