Four's a Crowd: A Minecraft & Better than Wolves Let's Play

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
CycloneSP

Re: Four's a Crowd: A Minecraft & Better than Wolves Let's P

Post by CycloneSP »

Really good stuff guys! I hope to watch more as it comes out.

Also, after watching direwolf20's LP I knew exactly why flora tried to sneak to place the crank on top of the mill stone. I'm sorry, but I chuckled on the inside when I saw that. :P
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Florastar

Post by Florastar »

DocHussey wrote:Just watched it, and I laughed my buttocks off at all the "Wait, what? Chickens don't breed? What's this about buckets?" stuff going on. This definitely promises to be a lot of fun to watch!

Oh, and an aside, when Flora(?) exclaimed about getting jumped by a kitten, my response was "Bad morv! Stop jumping people!" I chuckled heartily.
Yea, Buzz my kitten, decided to jump on my shoulder while I was recording.
SOTMead

Post by SOTMead »

Figures :)

I just got invited to a small BTW server today as well, figured it'd be a nice change of pace from TFCraft. Little did I know my friends had already started their own and already had vids up!
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

SOTMead wrote:Figures :)

I just got invited to a small BTW server today as well, figured it'd be a nice change of pace from TFCraft. Little did I know my friends had already started their own and already had vids up!
Yeah, Crysyn1 and Sinlust also started BtW LP today, were you invited to that? [link for other people]
Last edited by Ferrus.Manus on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I watched this yesterday and I enjoyed it a lot!
OldMarriedDude

Post by OldMarriedDude »

watched and subbed, One question tho...Whens episode 2 come out?
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I believe Flora plans on putting out three of these a week :)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

@Florastar

When FC first introduced Hardcore Sheep (Sheep breeding) I thought of you :) Can't wait to see you guys play with that feature in the LP.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I never heard of them before, but it looks like it's gonna be really fun to watch. I'll be there watching ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Great series so far guys! I just watched the 2nd episode and I'm really enjoying it.

If I can make one request though?

Morv and Jade, can you guys be a little more careful about stating assumptions as fact? There were several moments in the first two episodes where I winced because you guys were stating outright misinformation as facts about the mod. I didn't think to take note of the individual instances, but the last one was Jade saying that Rotted Arrows do less damage than regular ones (which just isn't true).

I think in cases where you don't know particulars, just saying so is far more helpful. There's a LOT of people watching this series and being introduced to the mod for the first time, and as a result, I'm rather dreading the tech-support that's going to result from this kind of misinformation.

If you guys could be a little more cautious about that, I'd be very much obliged.

Anyways, other than that, keep up the great work. As I said above, I'm very much enjoying the series.

EDIT: Oh, another one was Morv saying the Stewing Pot was one of the original 6 blocks in the mod, which again, was just false.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

FlowerChild wrote:Great series so far guys! I just watched the 2nd episode and I'm really enjoying it.

If I can make one request though?

Morv and Jade, can you guys be a little more careful about stating assumptions as fact? There were several moments in the first two episodes where I winced because you guys were stating outright misinformation as facts about the mod. I didn't think to take note of the individual instances, but the last one was Jade saying that Rotted Arrows do less damage than regular ones (which just isn't true).

I think in cases where you don't know particulars, just saying so is far more helpful. There's a LOT of people watching this series and being introduced to the mod for the first time, and as a result, I'm rather dreading the tech-support that's going to result from this kind of misinformation.

If you guys could be a little more cautious about that, I'd be very much obliged.

Anyways, other than that, keep up the great work. As I said above, I'm very much enjoying the series.

EDIT: Oh, another one was Morv saying the Stewing Pot was one of the original 6 blocks in the mod, which again, was just false.

Sorry Flowerchild. I will make sure not to do that anymore. I really should stop taking the wiki at its word since its not maintained by you.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Absolutely will keep that in mind, and attempt to be more vigilant :) There might be a few more instances of that in the next few episodes - we have recorded them in advance. But after that I certainly will be guarding my tongue more closely.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Here's episode 2 for those of you who are too lazy to search for it:
Spoiler
Show
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

morvelaira wrote:Absolutely will keep that in mind, and attempt to be more vigilant :) There might be a few more instances of that in the next few episodes - we have recorded them in advance. But after that I certainly will be guarding my tongue more closely.
Its possible to add those little floating messages on youtube for corrections like this... Well, just something to keep in mind
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jadedcat wrote:Sorry Flowerchild. I will make sure not to do that anymore. I really should stop taking the wiki at its word since its not maintained by you.
morvelaira wrote:Absolutely will keep that in mind, and attempt to be more vigilant :) There might be a few more instances of that in the next few episodes - we have recorded them in advance. But after that I certainly will be guarding my tongue more closely.
No worries guys. I have an appreciation for how difficult it must be to keep everything straight during a recording session like this. Just trying to protect my own future sanity from the unwashed hordes ;)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

jorgebonafe wrote:
Its possible to add those little floating messages on youtube for corrections like this... Well, just something to keep in mind

I will poke that in Florastar's direction, but since I'm the one with the knowledge and she's the one putting the videos up it's a little tricky.
PureZaros

Post by PureZaros »

Ferrus.Manus wrote:Yeah, Crysyn1 and Sinlust also started BtW LP today, were you invited to that? [link for other people]
Oh my. I didn't quite realize until watching this, but a lot of the changes FC made to vanilla really make logical sense. When the two found out about the bonemeal, within a minute they were saying "Maybe in the millstone?" Then, they figured out how the dragon orbs come around after just two instances of finding them!

Kudos FC. You make puzzles and mysteries fun to solve!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:Edit: Thanks for the sticky good sir. <3
I really wish more women said things like this.
OldMarriedDude

Post by OldMarriedDude »

KUDOS! another great video cant wait for the next episode
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

PureZaros wrote:
Ferrus.Manus wrote:Yeah, Crysyn1 and Sinlust also started BtW LP today, were you invited to that? [link for other people]
Oh my. I didn't quite realize until watching this, but a lot of the changes FC made to vanilla really make logical sense. When the two found out about the bonemeal, within a minute they were saying "Maybe in the millstone?" Then, they figured out how the dragon orbs come around after just two instances of finding them!

Kudos FC. You make puzzles and mysteries fun to solve!
Its just kinda sad they turned off HCB... Which surprised me, considering they have a long series with Terrafirma Craft, which is famous for turning minecraft 50 harder on all aspects :P
After playing HCB for a while I'm convinced it should be an undisableable (is that a real word?) feature of the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jorgebonafe wrote:After playing HCB for a while I'm convinced it should be an undisableable (is that a real word?) feature of the mod.
I agree with you man, but unfortunately it just fucks with existing worlds too much for me to be comfortable with that.

It doesn't do so in the usual ways, but man: do worlds that were previously not using it, and worlds that do, ever clash horribly.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

jorgebonafe wrote: Its just kinda sad they turned off HCB... Which surprised me, considering they have a long series with Terrafirma Craft, which is famous for turning minecraft 50 harder on all aspects :P
After playing HCB for a while I'm convinced it should be an undisableable (is that a real word?) feature of the mod.
You mean the other youtubers? Because HCB is still very much on in the Four's A Crowd series.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FlowerChild wrote:It doesn't do so in the usual ways, but man: do worlds that were previously not using it, and worlds that do, ever clash horribly.
Really? I didn't have any problems in Edolas... If anything, it made things easier with HCB, because I had water in places that were unnatural from previous uses of buckets before BTW was installed on the server...
morvelaira wrote:You mean the other youtubers? Because HCB is still very much on in the Four's A Crowd series.
Yeah, the Crysyn1 series mentioned before in this thread
Last edited by jorgebonafe on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

jorgebonafe wrote:Really? I didn't have any problems in Edolas... If anything, it made things easier with HCB, because I had water in places that were unnatural from previous uses of buckets before BTW was installed on the server...
I think that's the exact issue he's referring to. You have all these water sources in random places so it feels unnatural in HCB.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jorgebonafe wrote: Really? I didn't have any problems in Edolas... If anything, it made things easier with HCB, because I had water in places that were unnatural from previous uses of buckets before BTW was installed on the server...
It's not a question of difficulty, so much as it is one of contrast. When you have a shit-load of builds working off of vanilla water, they clash horribly with those built with HCB and just wind up feeling weird.

Also, retrofitting as opposed to designing from scratch tends to result in some rather unnatural feeling devices. Stuff like running a huge aquaduct to a machine you should have just built next to the river to begin with.
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

FlowerChild wrote:Stuff like running a huge aquaduct to a machine you should have just built next to the river to begin with.
My wheat farm at height 100 hears you -.-