[Closed] It takes a Village [World Download]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
bboyblaiser

Re: [BTW 4.14 UPDATED][Friendly Server] It takes a Village

Post by bboyblaiser »

Id love to join please :D Ign: bboyblaiser
Goal: to have a fully functional button request factory
Idea: Create a large community where friends and more can live in peace
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

bboyblaiser wrote:Id love to join please :D Ign: bboyblaiser
Goal: to have a fully functional button request factory
Idea: Create a large community where friends and more can live in peace

Ambitious goal.
I look forward to seeing your contributions to the community.

Let's give it a shot.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
aeper

Re: [Early Pics] [BTW 4.14] [Friendly Server] It takes a Vil

Post by aeper »

Stoked fire + Crucible are done.. now someone other than me make SFS... Also i have hidden a sign somewhere in the town.. go find it :)?

-Aeper
ryhamz

Post by ryhamz »

Ingame name: ryhamz
Goal for your initial contribution to the city: At first, I would like to offer my assistance with current projects. This should help me learn the ropes and get to know people (I haven't played MC since before enchanting and never played BTW).
Offer up any idea for the server: If things got big enough, a gritty subway system would be fun. I just finished up metro 2033, so I'm in the mood :P
Rigaudon

Post by Rigaudon »

Ingame name: Rigaudon
Goal for your initial contribution to the city: Building Designing - Energy Production
Offer up any idea for the server: I really don't have many ideas. Still new to the Better than Wolves mod. (Can build stuff, but don't know what Ideas make it better yet)
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

ryhamz wrote:Ingame name: ryhamz
Goal for your initial contribution to the city: At first, I would like to offer my assistance with current projects. This should help me learn the ropes and get to know people (I haven't played MC since before enchanting and never played BTW).
Offer up any idea for the server: If things got big enough, a gritty subway system would be fun. I just finished up metro 2033, so I'm in the mood :P
Sounds good, we're not in any hurry, I don't mind showing you the ropes.
The rail network is already needed, large biomes = already spreading out.
Rigaudon wrote:Ingame name: Rigaudon
Goal for your initial contribution to the city: Building Designing - Energy Production
Offer up any idea for the server: I really don't have many ideas. Still new to the Better than Wolves mod. (Can build stuff, but don't know what Ideas make it better yet)
We could use a lot of help with design, we're still kind of all over the place in that regard.

It's all good, I'm happy to have fresh souls for the pile.
Added you both.

Moonracer is on right now, several of us should be on this evening, feel free to take a look around.
Poppycocks

Re: [BTW 4.14] [Friendly Server] It takes a Village

Post by Poppycocks »

I would like to contribute as well. I'm good with redstone/mechanics with a tendency to build tiny aesthetic builds. I like to build around/into terrains with challenging constraints. I prefer someone else do the utilities/roads though.

IGN: Poppycocks
Contrib: I've had this idea for a full auto treefarm which would keep all connected chests full of every wood product of every wood type. I'd like to build that
Zhel

Post by Zhel »

Ingame Name: Zhel_Rin

Initial Contribution: Grunt work/Exploration initially. Digging for materials to be shared, exploring and noting coords for biome changes/villages/etc. Helping people with more specific goals/builds. Basically anything time consuming since I HAVE the time right now lol.

Ideas: Not really anything special at the moment. Planning out the styles for (if there are) multiple cities/regions, as well as things like the mineshafts etc. early on. Incorporating a theme, culture, or religion (real world or otherwise), would definitely bring more character to the regions.

First post, I know, but I'm up for giving a 'history' in my gaming or chatting on TS/Vent/Mumble if need be. In general, I'm semi new (1.2.5; not much hands-on with BTW) that really enjoys the big projects and works I see on youtube/etc and want to get into that part of MineCraft. While my friends that got me into the game have a private server, some of them prefer the...'pranks' part of the game that makes me feel any big work needs to be hidden in a rabbit hole there. =\
"Oh, my god. What can it be? We're all doomed! Who's flying this thing!?" ... "Oh right, that would be me. Uh, back to work." - Wash

Steam
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Poppycocks wrote:I would like to contribute as well. I'm good with redstone/mechanics with a tendency to build tiny aesthetic builds. I like to build around/into terrains with challenging constraints. I prefer someone else do the utilities/roads though.

IGN: Poppycocks
Contrib: I've had this idea for a full auto treefarm which would keep all connected chests full of every wood product of every wood type. I'd like to build that
Auto tree farm would be great, I hate collecting wood :) The small aesthetic builds are what I would like to see more of. It's early and the roads need some work, but we'll get to it.

Zhel wrote:Ingame Name: Zhel_Rin

Initial Contribution: Grunt work/Exploration initially. Digging for materials to be shared, exploring and noting coords for biome changes/villages/etc. Helping people with more specific goals/builds. Basically anything time consuming since I HAVE the time right now lol.

Ideas: Not really anything special at the moment. Planning out the styles for (if there are) multiple cities/regions, as well as things like the mineshafts etc. early on. Incorporating a theme, culture, or religion (real world or otherwise), would definitely bring more character to the regions.

First post, I know, but I'm up for giving a 'history' in my gaming or chatting on TS/Vent/Mumble if need be. In general, I'm semi new (1.2.5; not much hands-on with BTW) that really enjoys the big projects and works I see on youtube/etc and want to get into that part of MineCraft.
I'm glad we're attracting some more aesthetic builders. Exploration has been FUN with large biomes, we discovered we're in a mountain biome surrounded by ocean. Still need to find a swamp, now that I think about it. A few big themed projects will be great, I like the idea of themed cities, too. BTW will be more fun for you to learn with others, anyway.

Welcome Poppycocks and Zhel_Rin
Sadat-X

Post by Sadat-X »

IGN
Sadat_X

Goal for your initial contribution to the city
I'd like to work on a wool farm. My initial build would be rather simple, but can be improved by steps to a full scale BD shearing facility and genetic breeding system to acquire different sheep breeds. I've built a small scale version in my own world. The goal would be to start with something functional quickly, then add more complex features of the build later. I don't want to be the player who bites off more than he can chew and abandons some half built structure full of redstone and valuable BTW tech blocks.

Offer up any idea for the server

Some sort of loose design guidelines are usually helpful. Nothing too stringent to kill creativity, just enough to provide continuity of buildings designed by players with different aesthetic preferences and texture packs.
And keeping livestock away from workshops and storage is always nice. Nothing worse than trying to find something in a storage room or mass crafting while being serenaded by a dozen cows.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Sadat-X wrote:IGN
Sadat_X

Goal for your initial contribution to the city
I'd like to work on a wool farm. My initial build would be rather simple, but can be improved by steps to a full scale BD shearing facility and genetic breeding system to acquire different sheep breeds. I've built a small scale version in my own world. The goal would be to start with something functional quickly, then add more complex features of the build later. I don't want to be the player who bites off more than he can chew and abandons some half built structure full of redstone and valuable BTW tech blocks.

Offer up any idea for the server

Some sort of loose design guidelines are usually helpful. Nothing too stringent to kill creativity, just enough to provide continuity of buildings designed by players with different aesthetic preferences and texture packs.
And keeping livestock away from workshops and storage is always nice. Nothing worse than trying to find something in a storage room or mass crafting while being serenaded by a dozen cows.
Genetic mutation for the win. Yeah, find a valley in the hills for that, singing sheep suck. The guys have just gotten to SFS in the most bare-boned way possible. Looking forward to cleaning that up.

Added
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

4.15 update will be done by 8:00pm US eastern.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Updated to 4.15
aeper

Re: [BTW 4.15] [Friendly Server] It takes a Village

Post by aeper »

So FC did another update.. eta?
Marasambala

Re: [BTW 4.15] [Friendly Server] It takes a Village

Post by Marasambala »

It should be reasonably early this evening, again.
Marasambala

Re: [BTW 4.16] [Friendly Server] It takes a Village

Post by Marasambala »

Updated to 4.16
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Who's working on the aqueduct? I need water for my current build, and I wanna know if you mind if I continue the duct until it reaches my build (not too far)
Scry

Post by Scry »

Ingame name: Scrynth

I've haven't had much of a chance to play SMP and would like to play on a world where I don't have the option to start over. I have a bad case of "New World Syndrome" and I am very much liking the direction of challenge that BTW is moving towards. And would like to do so in a community setting.
Indras

Post by Indras »

I've been playing on Nocturn Craft server, but the Admin went AWOL and now the server is down (it never updated from 4.12). I'd like another non-PvP server to get involved in.

IGN: Indras
Goal: Automation "modules," small machines that just do one thing, and can be stacked or connected via rail/water/platforms/etc later to make them fully automated. I tend to make ugly machines that work, but I am getting better at aesthetics
Idea: Nether rail transportation network. Large biomes means crazy amounts of travel for simple things like cactus, ice, and wolves. Terra-forming via groth infestation is highly recommended as well to keep the rails safe
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Scry wrote:Ingame name: Scrynth

I've haven't had much of a chance to play SMP and would like to play on a world where I don't have the option to start over. I have a bad case of "New World Syndrome" and I am very much liking the direction of challenge that BTW is moving towards. And would like to do so in a community setting.
Scry, I look forward to you joining us, but please read the entire OP and follow the application format.
warmist

Post by warmist »

Omg. Just noticed this. Please add pic's of this server's evolution(as i'm too occupied with life to even attempt to build something). Thank you :)
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Indras wrote:I've been playing on Nocturn Craft server, but the Admin went AWOL and now the server is down (it never updated from 4.12). I'd like another non-PvP server to get involved in.

IGN: Indras
Goal: Automation "modules," small machines that just do one thing, and can be stacked or connected via rail/water/platforms/etc later to make them fully automated. I tend to make ugly machines that work, but I am getting better at aesthetics
Idea: Nether rail transportation network. Large biomes means crazy amounts of travel for simple things like cactus, ice, and wolves. Terra-forming via groth infestation is highly recommended as well to keep the rails safe

We can use someone focusing on single-use machines for the town buildings. We're sort of in limbo in that regard, right now. We're breaking down the Frankenstein machine that quickly got us to SFS, and now trying to get small semi-automated units developed.

come check it out.
white-listed
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

warmist wrote:Omg. Just noticed this. Please add pic's of this server's evolution(as i'm too occupied with life to even attempt to build something). Thank you :)
Yeah, it's on my list to show some updates in the next couple of days.
Thanks for your interest :)
Scry

Post by Scry »

Scry wrote:Ingame name: Scrynth

Goal for your initial contribution to the city: Grunt work, help build whatever things may be needed. Not sure what stuff may be still required in town. I've built a few auto farms and some basic semi auto farms in my SSP life. Looking to help where it may be needed.

Offer up any idea for the server: I have no idea :p I haven't been much of an ideas man without a specific situation to solve. As I mentioned earlier playing this in a group setting for this is new to me, and not really having a full grasp of the current situation I am not able to come up a useful idea. As I sit here trying to come up with one for the past 10 minutes.... Perhaps you could have some sort of "Community hall" with a list of things that are needed to be done, be it something someone needs for a building materials or devices that still need to be built.