Synthesis before smelting

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Foxy Boxes

Synthesis before smelting

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Currently large scale automatic redstone production is very hard (if not impossible) to automate as gold nuggets are converted into bars before they would be synthesized. All I'm asking is that gold nuggets are converted into redstone where possible before being converted into ingots.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
thekyz

Re: Synthesis before smelting

Post by thekyz »

If the nuggets arrive & disable you from synthesizing redstone, you could do it in two steps & tip the first crucible in a second one. Or slow down the nugget income by dropping them by batch in the crucible with a timer to make sure the redstone is made the rest of the time.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Are you sure you tried this?
One nugget and one concentrated hellfire bar are synthesized into 7 Redstone dust.
One gold bar and 9 concentrated hellfire bars are synthesized into 63 Redstone dust.
Therefore your large scale automation is much better with nuggets to bars before synthesizing, because this way the crucible only has to work twice instead of 9 times to create 63 Redstone dust.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Hadn't noticed that, but then again my production is slow so that might've been why. But still, it doesn't make sense that free floating gold (assuming it's molten in the cruicible) would first for into bars and *then* react with the concentrated hellfire.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Foxy Boxes wrote:But still, it doesn't make sense that free floating gold (assuming it's molten in the cruicible) would first for into bars and *then* react with the concentrated hellfire.
Let's see if I understand you correctly!
You complained about the current system not being usable with large scale automation, then I showed you that it works and that the implemented system is even more effective in large scale systems. And now you complain about that system, because you think it doesn't make sense?
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

Whisp wrote: Let's see if I understand you correctly!
You complained about the current system not being usable with large scale automation, then I showed you that it works and that the implemented system is even more effective in large scale systems. And now you complain about that system, because you think it doesn't make sense?
He wasn't complaining. Both statements make sense. The first in the context that he didn't know about the bulk synthesis, and the second in that one would expect a bar of compressed dust dropped into molten gold would understandably react first before the gold hardened into bars. Whether that makes sense in a game context is up to FC, but sitting back and looking at it, it does seem strange.

Both comments are valid, just not likely to be implemented.
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.