Sharing useful builds that get the job done

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
mattizcool

Re: Sharing useful builds that get the job done

Post by mattizcool »

I now present a device that can break down wolves into their basic components!
Spoiler
Show
First off you need to get any wolf, either being your own or your neighbor's, onto the red wool.
Spoiler
Show
Then you pull the lever, trapping the wolf into the special chamber.
Spoiler
Show
Now just press the button next to the lever and you will transform the wolf into a more blocky form.
Press the button again to saw the "companion cube" into 2 slabs.
After some time in the millstone you will finally break down the slabs into their basic components.
Red dye, wolf chops, and string!
Spoiler
Show
Now to be serious. The only real use of this device is to get the most out of your unwanted wolves. The reason why you don't want wolves could be:
1. You have too many wolves.
2. You are a sick minded person that love to abuse such animals.

EDIT: I wonder how many times I edited this to fix *grammar* issues.
FlowerChild wrote:Hookers and blow! WOOT!!!!
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

After watching Morvelaira's latest stream, I decided to try to make a full-auto chicken farm. While I haven't balanced the amounts of hemp plants, chickens, and cactus so it will always have eggs and cactus ready, I did leave enough room for expansion. In the end, this farm will produce hemp fibers, poached eggs, cooked chicken, and feathers.

Album link

Preview:
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

*edited by original poster because original poster derped before looking at all the pics*
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Lord_Herobrine

Post by Lord_Herobrine »

Katalliaan wrote:After watching Morvelaira's latest stream, I decided to try to make a full-auto chicken farm. While I haven't balanced the amounts of hemp plants, chickens, and cactus so it will always have eggs and cactus ready, I did leave enough room for expansion. In the end, this farm will produce hemp fibers, poached eggs, cooked chicken, and feathers.

Album link

Preview:
Dat redstone... O.O
MIND. BLOWN.

No reason...
Lord_Herobrine

Post by Lord_Herobrine »

Katalliaan wrote:After watching Morvelaira's latest stream, I decided to try to make a full-auto chicken farm. While I haven't balanced the amounts of hemp plants, chickens, and cactus so it will always have eggs and cactus ready, I did leave enough room for expansion. In the end, this farm will produce hemp fibers, poached eggs, cooked chicken, and feathers.

Album link

Preview:
Dat redstone... O.O
MIND. BLOWN.

No reason...
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

This isn't necessarily a build but I just made a tile-able circuit to power 3 hibachis. The green wool indicates the input for the circuit. The timings of the repeaters are irrelevant; they're just to make the hibachis turn on with an even number of ticks between them. [/ocd]
Spoiler
Show
EDIT: It's not very cheap; 19 redstone per tile.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
HaloGamefreek

Post by HaloGamefreek »

Have you tried tiling them? Im not too sure this works but if it does its definately becoming a part of my Alchemy/pottery room.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

HaloGamefreek wrote:Have you tried tiling them? Im not too sure this works but if it does its definately becoming a part of my Alchemy/pottery room.
I can confirm that it is tile-able. However, you can only power all the tiles at the same time, not independently.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Simple 9-hibachi 4 in 1 kiln setup. I just tested this, very useful way to manually cook in the kiln on the beginings of the pottery teck progression.
Spoiler
Show
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
haphazardnuke

Post by haphazardnuke »

Huh, wish I had thought of a kiln like that before I built a full-auto. I bet you could use BDs and pistons to automate that one, though.

Anyway, I have been experimenting with the screw pumps and came up with what I think is the (second) most compact plan for a stackable spiral unit.
It has an internal footprint of 4 wide x 5 long. I could compress it to 3x5, but 4 wide makes a maintenance staircase possible.

The gearbox setup is pretty simple:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
The inside can be converted into a small staircase, but there isn't a lot of room for decoration.
Spoiler
Show
The top of a tile, showing the footprint.
Spoiler
Show
The cobble block in the bottom left would be replaced by the first pump in the next tile.
PizzaSHARK wrote:It's fun trying to quietly assassinate your kids and family members
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I made the 3 hibachi tile significantly cheaper and a little more compact.
Spoiler
Show
EDIT: Fixed image
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

Husbag3 wrote:This isn't necessarily a build but I just made a tile-able circuit to power 3 hibachis. The green wool indicates the input for the circuit. The timings of the repeaters are irrelevant; they're just to make the hibachis turn on with an even number of ticks between them. [/ocd]
Spoiler
Show
A long time ago:
Samorost wrote:It is very simple :o)
Spoiler
Show

MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
Indras

Post by Indras »

Super small and fast egg cracker. Good for when you just need a few feathers to make some arrows or padding for SFS armor.

Pros: very small, very fast
Cons: must be manually loaded and unloaded, not very efficient, using a looting weapon on full grown chickens will give you the most feathers per egg, also does not give raw chicken, just raw eggs
Spoiler
Show
Just a small adjustable clock with a lever to turn it off when you don't need it, hooked to a block dispenser over a hopper. According to the minecraft wiki, 1 out of 8 eggs spawn a baby chicken, which will then be promptly sucked back into the BD and turned back into an egg, dropping a feather down in front. The other eggs simply turn into a raw egg and fall into the hopper as well.

Originally, I was using a vanilla dispenser and then leaving them for a few minutes to grow up and slaughtering them manually. The second time I built it, however, I used a block dispenser instead and it sucked up the baby chickens and made feathers just as fast as it could throw eggs. I actually thought this was a bug originally, so I searched the forums and found this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2796&p=41991

Seems this is intended behavior
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

weldaSB wrote:
Husbag3 wrote:This isn't necessarily a build but I just made a tile-able circuit to power 3 hibachis. The green wool indicates the input for the circuit. The timings of the repeaters are irrelevant; they're just to make the hibachis turn on with an even number of ticks between them. [/ocd]
Spoiler
Show
A long time ago:
Samorost wrote:It is very simple :o)
Spoiler
Show

If you look at my second set up it is 5x5 including the block the repeater is on (25 blocks) and uses a total of 13 redstone (not counting the redstone in the hibachi) whereas yours is 9x4 (36 blocks) and uses 15 redstone. Furthermore, my one has a single input and yours has one on either side.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

a 5 minutes timer

overview
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
bud over a turntable on 2 setting
Spoiler
Show
the first BD
Spoiler
Show
the second BD
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

maxsi wrote:a 5 minutes timer
-snip-
That is a useful and configurable timing device, but if you only want a five minute timer, you can just use an item decay timer, since items decay after 5 minutes.
Item Decay Timer
Show
Outputs a short signal to the left whenever the item on the pressure plate disappears (every 5 minutes). The dispenser is full of cobble. It'll run out eventually, but you can make it run indefinitely by setting up e.g. a cactus farm to output to the dispenser.
The timer you showed, though, is better since you can configure it to almost any time you want by changing the turntable speed and BD contents.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
angra_mania

Post by angra_mania »

I made a tube pottery/kiln that operates on the same track.
Spoiler
Show

If this was tube pottery the clay blocks would push out the excess clay, but you can't do that in a kiln so I have sand that periodically goes through the tube to flush out the items. And at the end the sand falls on a torch and is turned into an item. The sand and clay balls are then recycled, and the clay urns are outputted at the end of the tube.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Damn man. I wouldn't call that simple or easy. That deserves it's own post with a more detailed tutorial. I'm kinda awestruck.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
angra_mania

Post by angra_mania »

TheAnarchitect wrote:Damn man. I wouldn't call that simple or easy. That deserves it's own post with a more detailed tutorial. I'm kinda awestruck.
I'm flattered. The biggest thing with my design was figuring out that you can use sand to flush out the items and that all of the turntables need to be turned on and off at the same time. Other than that you just need timers for pushing out the clay and another timer to operate the turntables enough to make urns, the latter timer works for the kiln as well since by the time you turn the urns the urns in the kiln are already cooked. I also copied Poppycocks item elevator, I have no idea how it works ;)

I would of liked it to be waterless, but I don't know how I would separate clay blocks, urns and sand, and operating the recycle stream would be fairly convulated without water.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

darahalian wrote:
maxsi wrote:a 5 minutes timer
-snip-
That is a useful and configurable timing device, but if you only want a five minute timer, you can just use an item decay timer, since items decay after 5 minutes.
Item Decay Timer
Show
Outputs a short signal to the left whenever the item on the pressure plate disappears (every 5 minutes). The dispenser is full of cobble. It'll run out eventually, but you can make it run indefinitely by setting up e.g. a cactus farm to output to the dispenser.
The timer you showed, though, is better since you can configure it to almost any time you want by changing the turntable speed and BD contents.
I like maxsis timer more. Decay timers feel kind of cheaty to me.
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

A water pump based clock that can be extended in 1 second increments. Each block that the water has to move over takes about 1 second. Can be scaled by just adding more pumps/channels. This one is about 15 seconds, so with a block dispenser you could get a 4 minute timer. I did one in a spiral, 1 1/2 loops (6 pumps), which is about 45 seconds.

If you don't want to use the detector block, you can use the water falling to get the waterwheel turning in the opposite direction which drops mechanical power out long enough for the pumps to stop. You still have the problem of how to change water flow into useful signal though.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Do you have a stack of items that you want to automatically split into two evenly divided stacks? Do you want to send those stacks to two separate locations? Have you been eagerly awaiting the "splitter" block? Well wait no more, I have your 99% vanilla solution to the problem.
Spoiler
Show
What you are looking at is a 2 way item stream splitter. The items in the dispenser are shot out 1 at a time with the press of the button. Meanwhile that BD you see being used as a toggle (you could use a piston-based one if you have more space than BTW tech). Every other button press causes the sticky pistons to extend. This means that the first time you press the button, the item lands 2 blocks away, while the second time you press it, it only lands one block away.
Spoiler
Show
ImageImage
This puts the items into water streams travelling in opposite directions. You'll get an almost even split between the two hoppers pictured. (The unpredictable nature of the item dispenser means sometimes they land right in the middle)
Spoiler
Show
The wiring is pretty simple. The BD has one block and one slab in it. The repeater is used so that the pistons extend at the same time the dispenser fires. It is set on a 1 tick delay. You'll note there's nothing over the block dispenser: this is so you can put a powered hopper there. Hook this up to a clock instead of a button, and you've got an automatic stream splitter for things like self-planting farms or animal feeders.
Spoiler
Show
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

Anarchitect - That looks pretty handy, I've been trying to figure out good ways to do something like this for a while now. My current system is rather ineffective.
Six

Post by Six »

Reminded me of this thread, which starts out with a way to split items almost evenly between 3 paths, then goes on to sending 6 types of items down the same stream and keeping them exiting on different paths. It doesn't however, keep as consistent a 1:1 split as your splitter does.
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

Tried my hand at making a turntable splitter. Odd, I thought this would be a nice simple way to get this going but was getting a 3 : 1 split (every time!).
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

D = Dispenser; DB = DetectorBlock; T = Turntable; W = Waterflow; B = Solid Block
B    D   B
B   DB   B
B W  T W B
On either side of the DB, 2 solid walls. The dispenser and the DB are 90 deg out of phase.

Think the falling item was triggering the detector block but only for one side.
So had to go for a bit bulkier approach.
Spoiler
Show

I used axles to trigger the DB since they wouldn't interfere with the falling items but you could also use molding. Even 50/50 split and pretty fast, 1 item per turntable movement. So 2 items per second split on the fastest setting.

Code: Select all

B W W B
W B W W B
W W T W W B
B W W B W W B
  B W W B W B
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.