MC Patcher alternative

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
gamerkeeperson

MC Patcher alternative

Post by gamerkeeperson »

Dear wolf haters,

Does anyone have an alternative for MCpatcher because I always get the white mobs, no matter what TP i'm using I always get them. It annoys the heck out of me since I am a YouTuber and trying to make quality videos. Does anyone have an alternative besides Optifine?

Sincerely,

GamerNebulae
thekyz

Re: MC Patcher alternative

Post by thekyz »

Winrar or 7Zip ?
shifty

Post by shifty »

Maybe try a completely clean install of minecraft? As in delete the entire folder then start from scratch. I've had this happen a few times but a clean install always fixed it.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

And don´t say that everybody here hates wolves.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
gamerkeeperson

Post by gamerkeeperson »

shifty wrote:Maybe try a completely clean install of minecraft? As in delete the entire folder then start from scratch. I've had this happen a few times but a clean install always fixed it.
Thanks for the help! That's the solution to my problem.
gamerkeeperson

Post by gamerkeeperson »

Elevatator wrote:And don´t say that everybody here hates wolves.
I do! Even FlowerChild does. 'Nuff said.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

No, not enough said, because it makes you look like a pissant troll. Pissant trolls get banned from these forums and don't get more tech support.

Also, educate yourself before you speak for other people. FlowerChild never hated wolves. He hates the time spent on creating them that could have been spent on better things. That may seem to be the same thing to someone of low intellect, but it's not.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Lars

Post by Lars »

morvelaira wrote:No, not enough said, because it makes you look like a pissant troll. Pissant trolls get banned from these forums and don't get more tech support.

Also, educate yourself before you speak for other people. FlowerChild never hated wolves. He hates the time spent on creating them that could have been spent on better things. That may seem to be the same thing to someone of low intellect, but it's not.

I don't like mixing myself in conflicts, but I feel obligated to say something about this. If anyone not as close to FC as yourself were to make a post with such (excuse me for using this term) childish overreacting in it, I suspect they would probably get a warning or a ban.
I fully wel realise that I am a guest here, and should behave like one, and that is what I strive to do. I am however a little shocked to see how guests are treated by you if they make one small misinformed statement, that nobody should really have to fuss about. I have lurked around the forum for quite a while, and I realise there are a lot of people visiting this forum who act like they have no brains, disregarding rules and what not. It is only natural that you would get annoyed by it, so I get where your anger originates from. I dont mean to lecture you or anything. I am however, as I already said, a little shocked at the sudden flinging around of insults, because of something so small as this.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I will fully admit my comments were on the harsh side, but I will also point out they are not a common thing - at least from me.

The problem with the uninformed statements, though, which may not be fully understood is that they are at the root of much larger problem. Is it annoying to have people get what you've said wrong? Sure. But when you leave those misconecptions and inaccurate statements, attributed to you, float around in the internet, people tend to believe things as fact even in opposition to what you yourself say. Then those people who take offense to the incorrect, but believed statements start fights and cause drama. The original speaker is attacked for things they never said... in some cases for the opposite of what they said or did. It absolutely kills desire to carry on.

This isn't conjecture, by the way. It happens all the time in various communities, and I've seen it roll through this community more than once. When it comes to keeping FlowerChild's passion and enjoyment for making the mod going, I'd rather be thought of as harsh and disappointing than to let this process happen all over again. I may not be able to stop it all entirely, but any bit I do stop is worth other people making moral judgements on my word choices before coffee.
Lars

Post by Lars »

morvelaira wrote:... It happens all the time in various communities, and I've seen it roll through this community more than once....
I'm afraid I have little experience in this, but i'll gladly take your word for it!
morvelaira wrote:When it comes to keeping FlowerChild's passion and enjoyment for making the mod going, I'd rather be thought of as harsh and disappointing than to let this process happen all over again. I may not be able to stop it all entirely, but any bit I do stop is worth other people making moral judgements on my word choices before coffee.
Even though I still think that accusing someone of having a low intellect is a bit harsh, as you yourself admitted it to be, I understand the importance of what you describe. FC losing the will to work on BTW would be very bad for us, and worse for him. I appreciate you taking the time to explain it all. The way you explain yourself, reminds me a bit of Batman. I like Batman ^^

P.s.
I'm sorry for disturbing you before coffee. For me it's early in the evening, and I'm currently typing this not pre coffee, but pre- beer and cola rum =D
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Lawl

Don't worry about it. I've had coffee now, and having someone to politely remind me when lines may have been crossed is nice. At least I didn't get a typical "you bitch!" Reply.
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

We all love ya morv, anyone who calls ya a bitch just hasn't lurked long enough. However, let's keep Tech Support on topic before everyone gets a testicle slap.
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
gamerkeeperson

Post by gamerkeeperson »

morvelaira wrote:Lawl

Don't worry about it. I've had coffee now, and having someone to politely remind me when lines may have been crossed is nice. At least I didn't get a typical "you bitch!" Reply.
Dear Morvalaira,

It was just a joke. Don't take it to seriously. Also you make great videos.

GamerNebulae