Will anyone be playing War of the Roses?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
DaveYanakov

Will anyone be playing War of the Roses?

Post by DaveYanakov »

Mount & Blade combat in a standard Battlefield-like setup. Currently available for preorder on Steam at 20% off the $30 asking price if you own any other M&B title through the service.

It looks interesting and I'd love to be able to form a squad of cavalry with friends but I can't afford it if I'm going to be playing alone.
Better is the enemy of Good
Andellmere

Re: Will anyone be playing War of the Roses?

Post by Andellmere »

Now that you've pointed it out to me, I'll be checking it out. I wasn't even aware it existed until you made this topic.

It looks good so far, and I signed up for the beta, but I'm more interested in being the guy ambushing the cavalry than being in the cavalry.

If I have the money, I'll probably buy it just because it looks very well made and like a lot of fun. If I do buy it, I'll mount up and see if I do better with this cavalry than I did with other games...
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Oi. More Mount & Blade? Just when I thought I had kicked my addiction to it :)

Yeah, I'll definitely be checking it out. I really love that series, although I wish they'd focus a bit more attention on adding depth to the campaign game, as I found Fire & Steal actually moved in the opposite direction.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Fair disclaimer, given I have not played the series myself, but my initial gut reaction is that if they're naming it after an actual historical period, it would lend towards more story/history based focus.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I finally installed it yesterday after buying it way back in the sale that spawned the thread and I've now sunk way too much time into it. The thing that struck me about it is that it strikes the exact same chord as Sid Meier's Pirates did. "Just gotta do this one last thing before I quit. Oops, I forgot to buy food and have to worry about mutiny. Gotta go fill my crew back out, then I'll go to bed after that..." The similarity is just plain striking. In a good way.
Better is the enemy of Good
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

War of the Roses (Yorkshire/Lancaster - UK)

I may play it, as I live in Yorkshire (White Roses)

Game Blurb:
War of the Roses is a team based third person action game set in 15th century England. Two rival branches of the Royal House of Plantagenet - the house of Lancaster (the reds) and the house of York (the whites) – fight over the throne, and the player is thrown into the fray.
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
Cuchonchuir

Post by Cuchonchuir »

I'd love to play this. I've really been wanting a good MP medieval-style game like this.