Rasperry Pi and MC

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
DocHussey

Rasperry Pi and MC

Post by DocHussey »

My uncle, Goddess bless his soul, snagged me a Rasperry Pi. Is there anyone who has used one yet? I'm thinking of using it for a simple Hamachi server for me and a couple friends. From what I understand, it works great as a media server, and it plays Crysis 2, which leads me to believe that it would make a great small MC server. I read the post on the Pi forums, but I've also seen some people doing just this, a one to two friend server on their Pi. Any thoughts/ideas?
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
Splee999

Re: Rasperry Pi and MC

Post by Splee999 »

Wait, I just looked this up. There's no way a cute 'lil computer like this can run Crysis 2. The thing's only got 256 mb of RAM! Crysis is renowned for it's computer-melting abilities! (Seriously though, if this works, I wannna know. It's only 25$, wow!)
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

It could play Crysis 2, just very slowly.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Horizon wrote:It could play Crysis 2, just very slowly.
Well, I guess it could do one frame at a time. Maybe you could just call it slo-mo mode.
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

Or, to save time, which you'll need a lot of to play that way, "Slo-mode", or more colliqually, "FML".
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

It won't play Crysis 2. The chip on it is a ARM, not an Intel or AMD.

But Minecraft? Should.