The ongoing 1.3 update epic

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
xou816

Re: The ongoing 1.3 update epic

Post by xou816 »

FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:Glad to see you finally made it Home ;)
I returned, and it turns out I was there all along.
Is... is that a clue?

Anyway, you did an amazing job over these few days. Thank you for your dedication to this m... asterpiece.
Jay42
Location: Walking behind you; Sleeping besides you; Talking around you.

Post by Jay42 »

Oh, you tease!

But I gotta admit, waiting for an update has never been so much fun.
Just keep up your good work... and we'll follow you anywhere you lead us ...err wait. That sounds weird.
Anyways, thanks!
Stormweaver wrote:BTW: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places.
Backups. Backups! BACKUPS!!
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:Glad to see you finally made it Home ;)
I returned, and it turns out I was there all along.
Immediately made me think of:

Awesome job FC, constantly amazed at how fast this has been coming together. As Alphafox said, BTW is the new vMC for the majority of us, and for fools such as myself who accidentally updated to 1.3 without backups, it's nice to know we'll be able to play again so soon.
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

FlowerChild wrote:Booyah :)

This is back at my main base mind you, but still:
Spoiler
Show
...and that brings me to the end of the tech-tree in terms of updating everything.

Now, to tie up some remaining loose ends and set into testing absolutely everything in my main base. Still quite a ways to go mind you, but the end is definitely in sight.
FlowerChild himself uses vMC redstone lamps!? It's.... it's like I don't know what to believe any more....
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

What's wrong with that? I rather like their look too when prettiness counts.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:FlowerChild himself uses vMC redstone lamps!? It's.... it's like I don't know what to believe any more....
I thought the look of them suited the paintings better in this case. I do believe those 8 are the only ones in my world :)
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Waiting is sooooo hard :D

Right now trying to convince the girlfriend that it might not work over lan.....explaining things to people who arnt very computer savy sucks sometimes lol.

Lookin good and cant wait to try out that infernal enchanter.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DreamsofFury wrote:Waiting is sooooo hard :D
You're getting very close to the fine line that defines an update pester man.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

FlowerChild wrote: You're getting very close to the fine line that defines an update pester man.
Sorry sir, not counting this post I'm not gonna post while drinking........just irritated at my own stupidity for not copying my minecraft to the external hard drive i brought with me from the move.......

Going back to building my future windmill in preparation then....its a much better task to do while drunk than making a fool outa myself.

Good lucks and I'll go back to my pre-move methods of waiting patiently.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Woot! I think I just 95% solved the last big remaining problem I had on the update.

This was player movement on moving Platforms. It was jerky as all hell before now, to the point where it just felt outright broken.

Well, after much head-scratching I seem to finally have this beast under control. The brief version is that player movement, unlike everything else, is pretty much handled exclusively on the client. Platform movement on the other hand, is server-side.

This resulted in all kind of nauseating warping while you were riding them, which I finally resolved by moving the interaction between players and platforms over to the client.

There's still a bit of glitchiness mind you. The platforms themselves tend to vibrate slightly, which while annoying, isn't a deal breaker, and I can polish that at a later date. Also, right now the player tends to fall through downward moving platforms when they come to a stop, which I shall turn my attention to resolving next.

I'll also have to keep in mind in the future once the mod goes SMP, that servers will likely boot clients for "flying" while riding on Platforms ;)

Anyways, I'm very pleased with this, as this was the very last issue I was rather perplexed about solving. The rest is just determination & elbow grease :)
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

I was thinking about that.
You are not shy about base-class slinging so I thought I would use this chance to put in a request:viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5163
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ethinolicbob wrote:I was thinking about that.
You are not shy about base-class slinging so I thought I would use this chance to put in a request:viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5163
No suggestion is good enough to warrant specifically linking it to me in another thread man. Please don't do that again.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Apologies man.
I was sure that I picked up on a preference for having suggestions on the suggestion thread rather than in discussion. Figured it would be convenient to leave the link to it where that topic was being discussed.
My bad.
Would it be better to reference the location of discussion on the suggestion instead?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ethinolicbob wrote:Apologies man.
I was sure that I picked up on a preference for having suggestions on the suggestion thread rather than in discussion. Figured it would be convenient to leave the link to it where that topic was being discussed.
My bad.
Would it be better to reference the location of discussion on the suggestion instead?
Don't care man, just as long as they're all contained where I can ignore them :)
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Hah!
Fair enough.
Panda

Post by Panda »

I really wanna draw you a picture for all your hard work on 1.3... anything come to mind?
Never say no to Panda.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Panda wrote:I really wanna draw you a picture for all your hard work on 1.3
*whisper*
whatever it is, make sure to include programming code in it because I heard he aspires to be a programmer
*/whisper*
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Dude, taunting the guy who's pouring his time into your entertainment isn't the best idea you've had today.
Better is the enemy of Good
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Yeah, that's lame. See ya'.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just a brief status update:

I'm busily working on some small remaining issues, and polishing up existing features. Once a 1.3.2 version of ML comes out, I'll move over to porting over to that.

There's actually a few small bugs in ML for 1.3.1 (which makes sense given that Risu clearly labeled it as a work in progress), which I would definitely like to see resolved before releasing.

For example, I found out yesterday that custom GUIs don't work in the Nether due to a ML bug, and obviously that's a fairly big deal where this mod is concerned.

Anyways, just some brief news to indicate that I'm still working hard on the porting process, but we hopefully won't be looking at too much longer before I can release :)
Yeroc

Post by Yeroc »

FlowerChild wrote:Just a brief status update:

I'm busily working on some small remaining issues, and polishing up existing features. Once a 1.3.2 version of ML comes out, I'll move over to porting over to that.

There's actually a few small bugs in ML for 1.3.1 (which makes sense given that Risu clearly labeled it as a work in progress), which I would definitely like to see resolved before releasing.

For example, I found out yesterday that custom GUIs don't work in the Nether due to a ML bug, and obviously that's a fairly big deal where this mod is concerned.

Anyways, just some brief news to indicate that I'm still working hard on the porting process, but we hopefully won't be looking at too much longer before I can release :)

Thanks for all the hard work! Hope you don't run into anymore big problems!
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

FlowerChild wrote:[...] Anyways, just some brief news to indicate that I'm still working hard on the porting process, but we hopefully won't be looking at too much longer before I can release :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Another brief update:

I've successfully ported the mod over to version 1.3.2 of MC. The new version of ModLoader takes care of that problem with custom GUIs in the Nether, so that's good news as well.

Just a few finishing touches, and we should be looking at a release in the near future :)
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Nice!
Thanks for all the work you do to make this amazing mod!
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

Wow, this is so awesome. Thank you for all your hard work and patience while you went through this process, FC. I don't know anything about modding, but I'm pretty sure you had to put up with a lot of crap during the last weeks.

Make sure you get yourself a good rest when all of this is over. You deserve it =)