Request for BTW & MISA'S Realistic Texture Pack

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
nmarshall23

Request for BTW & MISA'S Realistic Texture Pack

Post by nmarshall23 »

I see that Misa's Realistic Textures have been mentioned, but no one has made BTW textures in that style..

I just got a new video card that can handle 64bit textures, anyone up to the challenge?

Thanks,

Nick
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
SterlingRed

Re: Request for BTW & MISA'S Realistic Texture Pack

Post by SterlingRed »

I have always loved misas. Unfortunately I have no artistic talent. Take a look at ovos rustic on this forum, it's pretty close to the style misa uses. It is a bit more ornate though, but it's not gawdy like a lot of the high res packs or as noisy as the realistic packs.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

I don't like copying a style althought I like Misas style, if I have the time (I am working very much atm) I want to share some high res textures.
Some weeks ago I have begun with 2 texturepacks, booth with realistic textures of my own stock folder. When I have the time I complete them, they are not like Misas but perhabs you enjoy it too
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
teh_tetra

Post by teh_tetra »

nmarshall23 wrote:I see that Misa's Realistic Textures have been mentioned, but no one has made BTW textures in that style..

I just got a new video card that can handle 64bit textures, anyone up to the challenge?

Thanks,

Nick
This is what I have wanted since day 1 of playing btw, I usually just make my own mix adding others btw textures to my misa's but that no longer seems to work....
Donzaffi wrote:I don't like copying a style althought I like Misas style, if I have the time (I am working very much atm) I want to share some high res textures.
Some weeks ago I have begun with 2 texturepacks, booth with realistic textures of my own stock folder. When I have the time I complete them, they are not like Misas but perhabs you enjoy it too
Please do share I would love a high res pack even if it isn't by misa
Foxy Boxes wrote:I don't often see, but when I do, it's what you did there.
Flowerchild wrote:never underestimate the value of a good cudgel
M!C

Post by M!C »

I'm primarily using this pack too.

At the moment I focus on SMP but once I start playing BTW again I'll make a guide on how to get BTW textures of other packs into this one. Maybe I'll make some textures too but no promises on that part.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Make it yourself! And I don't mean it in a bad way. I know it's scary at first but soon it will become your baby, trust me. :D
Never say no to Panda.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Panda wrote:Make it yourself! And I don't mean it in a bad way. I know it's scary at first but soon it will become your baby, trust me. :D
The problem are my art skills really ... If I end up doing this it'll involve heavy use of scissors and glue, not brush and paint. ;)
Panda

Post by Panda »

how do you think 99% of doku artists do there work?
Never say no to Panda.
JesterxMailMan89

Post by JesterxMailMan89 »

Panda wrote:how do you think 99% of doku artists do there work?
+1

Not to mention thats also how I started :p

But now I actually find myself making my own textures from scratch in photoshop! Its all about practice :)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

M!C wrote:If I end up doing this it'll involve heavy use of scissors and glue, not brush and paint. ;)
For a "realistic" pack this is a perfectly viable way to do it. Add in some proper filter and effect usage and you'll be well on your way :)
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

I was once working on a game using Torque and to get the style I wanted I actually sketched all the textures on paper in pencil, scanned them in, and then colorized them in Photoshop. You can make some amazing looking stuff by doing the 'ole paper/scissors trick.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

If you want to make it in Photoshop, I have made several tutorials for my work, the only thing is that they need to be translated in English. PM me if you need it
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

I kind of did what Panda said "make it yourself", never was happy 100% with texture packs but Misa's is the pack i mainly use with a few adjustments to textures.

Anyway using Misa's texture pack and various other, which I cannot recall the names of, and Paint.Net I created textures for the BTW mod. Here's a link to them anyway they are Misa themed and fit well with vanilla textures of her's.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102165105/btwmodtex.rar

Note: the item textures i use are cartoony don't ask i just prefer them that way, and the gimp suits for animal breeding are missing they've gone walk about and i have no idea where they are, sorry. Additionally all block textures are there up to the new enchanting table FC included, I have no idea what the other blocks beyond this are and thus have not updated them.

Disclaimer: I do not claim ownership to any textures used as they are all primarily from other texture packs. I would mention the names of those used if I could remember but if anyone spots which texture packs they are from I will edit or if any artist of the texture packs used wants this removed from the forum as it causes a violation of their terms I will do so.

Now I just need an SMP server to use these on...
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Regarding Misa's Texture Pack I still can't get it to work properly with the latest McPatcher and BTW. The only mods I have installed are Modloader, BTW and then the MCPatcher stuff all up-to-date too. The problem is that some of the item textures contain overlaps, mainly the potions, with the clock and compass textures. I have no idea how to fix this but any help is most appreciated.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Pucc wrote:Regarding Misa's Texture Pack I still can't get it to work properly with the latest McPatcher and BTW. The only mods I have installed are Modloader, BTW and then the MCPatcher stuff all up-to-date too. The problem is that some of the item textures contain overlaps, mainly the potions, with the clock and compass textures. I have no idea how to fix this but any help is most appreciated.
BTW is incompatible with certain CTM textures of Misa's atm, are you sure that isn't the problem?

Try disabling connected textures in MCPatcher to test it.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Try disabling connected textures in MCPatcher to test it.
Yeah disabled that and also tried disabling the custom colours too, there's a thread already up on the forum from a guy whose having similar issues his screenshot is pretty similar to what i'm experiencing with Misa's.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5365&p=89114#p89114