Nether Panda.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Panda

Nether Panda.

Post by Panda »

So I've finally verntured into the nether beyond just a cobble room, I've unleaded nether growth around my base and an starting to build a base. I am really enjoying all the extra danger and precuasions I have to take, it's much more rewarding : ) Long story short I'm super impressed with what btw has done with the nether experience. Just saying thanks again papa Flower!
Also what are some fun Btw things you can build in the nether?
Never say no to Panda.
Ulfengaard

Re: Nether Panda.

Post by Ulfengaard »

Panda wrote:Also what are some fun Btw things you can build in the nether?
^ I also want to know this. I'm just now at the point when I can become a greater presence in the nether, and I'm wondering where to begin.

Also, gratz Nether Panda.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Personally I dislike the nether with great intensity and avoid going into it whenever possible.
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

Sarudak wrote:Personally I dislike the nether with great intensity and avoid going into it whenever possible.
I am with you on that, some people like, I don't.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

The Nether... could be so much more hellish... Other than that it is pretty much meh. It becomes so much better as soon as I have blood wood and nether growth. I still haven't gotten over how dull it is though. but I have faith that flowerchilds plan for it.
And HOW!
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Ulfengaard wrote:
Panda wrote:Also what are some fun Btw things you can build in the nether?
^ I also want to know this. I'm just now at the point when I can become a greater presence in the nether, and I'm wondering where to begin.

Also, gratz Nether Panda.
anything that doesn't require water, mobs (except nether mobs and chickens), or a continuous input of overworld exclusive materials (eg, clay)

a few nether exclusive things are:
a gold farm
a blaze farm
an auto tree farm
XantyZon

Post by XantyZon »

Panda I too enjoy the changes FC has made to the nether. So When I play my SSP I spend most of my time in the nether building massive forts and builds but when I play SMP the lag in the nether is so bad it's unplayable. Hopefully by the time BTW converts to the code base Mojang will have addressed that issue.
Is it better to have posted and failed or to have never posted at all?
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

XantyZon wrote:Panda I too enjoy the changes FC has made to the nether. So When I play my SSP I spend most of my time in the nether building massive forts and builds but when I play SMP the lag in the nether is so bad it's unplayable. Hopefully by the time BTW converts to the code base Mojang will have addressed that issue.
Is that even with graphics on "fast" ?
And HOW!
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

While I don't know about explicit BTW projects aside from the obvious things like a pigmen and bloodwood tree farm, my current long term nether project is a ghast shooting range, just for fun.
I have a small room that's accessible through a completely hidden btw elevator. One side of that room is open with view over a lava lake and vines that grow from the ceiling prevent the ghasts from seeing and therefore shooting me. My long term goal is to transform the area around and build a small platform in the middle of the lake as the only place where ghasts can spawn, when I'm in the shooting room. Then the icing on the cake will be piston controlled non-opaque blocks to switch the ghast spawning on and off via a lens relayed signal. :)
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

XantyZon wrote:Panda I too enjoy the changes FC has made to the nether. So When I play my SSP I spend most of my time in the nether building massive forts and builds but when I play SMP the lag in the nether is so bad it's unplayable. Hopefully by the time BTW converts to the code base Mojang will have addressed that issue.
Use score_under's lighting lag fix, completely btw compatible

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/123 ... ix-client/
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

May I suggest a gigantic phallus in homage to FlowerChild?
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
XantyZon

Post by XantyZon »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:
Is that even with graphics on "fast" ?
Unfortunately yes, I also have all particles off and view at minimum. My roommate fairs a little better but not much and other people that we play with have the same complaint with the SMP nether.
XantyZon

Post by XantyZon »

weldaSB wrote:
Use score_under's lighting lag fix, completely btw compatible

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/123 ... ix-client/
Thank you that would be very helpful but this is an issue that Mojang should address. I would prefer to keep the mods that I add on to a minimum. BTW is the only "Must have" mod for me.
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Here's an idea, and it would involve a little btw tech. Create the Thugee sacrificial chamber from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. (I'm thinking it'd involve at least some pulleys to lower a platform into the lava pit...)
Mostly I think it'd just look very cool. :D

(it was hard to find a quality, unaltered video of this, but I'm sure with a little digging one could find a better view of the temple.)
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
HaloGamefreek

Post by HaloGamefreek »

My first trip into the nether was a result of the btw tech tree and i put the thing right in the center of my base... My first trip resulted in being chased by a horde of pigmen and a fight with my first ghast. I was intially terrified but after some terraforming i had a massive nether base completely covered with grass and sporting a huge windmill with a double saw room, double mill room, blood wood pillars and supports, with an entire netherrack (now netherbrick) base high enough to hold back my hibachi fires that intially burned most of the bloodwood. as far as the nether goes i love it and hope it only gets better as far as better than wolves is concerned.