Good Seeds?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Mattaccount

Good Seeds?

Post by Mattaccount »

The title says it all, I'm looking for a seed to start a new world on.
Idealy I'd like to spawn in a wolf producing biome with a testiface village close.
Are there any good ones?

EDIT: I've found a seed but that dosn't mean this thread needs to die, please keep posting the good ones for the rest of the community.
Last edited by Mattaccount on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DxPanxD

Re: looking for a good seed

Post by DxPanxD »

I haven't tested this seed myself, but it's the first one I found while searching., and it looks promising.
kregoth wrote:I finally found a seed I am extremely happy with, I believe it's really good for HCB mode as well.

Seed 1563810299 WARNING 1920x1080 Images (very large)

You spawn right next to a village with an Iron chest plate, helmet and boots, 3 apples and 2 bread, also pay attention to the fog on the right (yes that's a second village)
Spoiler
Show
First Village from above it has very nice cave under it. good amount of exposed iron and coal there.
Spoiler
Show
What this I see?
Spoiler
Show
Picture taken directly from the first village.

Wait.. There more? this cliff is the closest to the first village and there 3 good waterfalls to utilize :)

Second Village. cords are in pic
Spoiler
Show
There is a jungle near by for your cat needs, as well as a forest for wolves. I haven't gone exploring to far into this world but I think I am going to start playing on this world after my last one got corrupted.
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
Joeyjoebob

Post by Joeyjoebob »

Flowerchild is a good seed.
TheAnarchitect wrote:
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence...
RenEvo

Post by RenEvo »

Joeyjoebob wrote:Flowerchild is a good seed.
"FlowerChild"

Its a great challenge map.
FlowerChild wrote:Version 3.49 of Better Than Wolves
-Added ability for villagers to toss the milk.
YouTube | Twitch
Mattaccount

Post by Mattaccount »

DxPanxD wrote:I haven't tested this seed myself, but it's the first one I found while searching., and it looks promising.
I thank you for your quick response I'll be using this seed.
bwyw

Re: Good Seeds?

Post by bwyw »

The BEST seed:

Spawn on a roof in a village in plains. Desert, jungle, tundra, forest, swamp - all within viewing distance of the village on normal distance rendering. Plenty of wolves in nearby tundra. Two zombie spawners, one skele, one spider nearby (one basically under the village).

Works in 1.2.5 and 1.3.
Spoiler
Show
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

Oh that one looks interesting too. I bet it'd be a great seed for XL biomes in 1.3, miles of resources of all kinds right by spawn.
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Itamarcu has a fantastic seed that I'm using now:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3827
Huge mountain valley area with the end of an above ground ravine making a giant cave in a mountain thats perfect for a gigantic entrance to an even larger base underground ;) And I'm planning on building a gatehouse on the only feasible entrance to the valley and making the entire valley a huge city/factory. It also has tons of spawners(4 within a dozen or so blocks of each other at one point) and about half a dozen others that I'm using for mossy cobble farms at the moment. Also, waterfalls scattered around the mountains and an aboveground lava fall that I've turned into a smoothstone gen. Absolutely love this seed with HCB :D
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Rianaru wrote:Itamarcu has a fantastic seed that I'm using now:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3827
Huge mountain valley area with the end of an above ground ravine making a giant cave in a mountain thats perfect for a gigantic entrance to an even larger base underground ;) And I'm planning on building a gatehouse on the only feasible entrance to the valley and making the entire valley a huge city/factory. It also has tons of spawners(4 within a dozen or so blocks of each other at one point) and about half a dozen others that I'm using for mossy cobble farms at the moment. Also, waterfalls scattered around the mountains and an aboveground lava fall that I've turned into a smoothstone gen. Absolutely love this seed with HCB :D
Heh, I was just about to suggest that! :)
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Haha, I found a seed that perfectly matched your original request. Spawn in a taiga, right next to a desert with a large village. Weirdly enough, there's also a zombie spawner directly underneath one of their wheat farms. The desert also borders a pretty nifty extreme hills biome.

Unfortunately, to find it I used my SS#.. glad you already found a seed you liked, though!

Edit: here's a pic of the pet zombies:
Spoiler
Show
I messed around some more and found another good seed: 10122007

You spawn in a forest next to a desert, with a village and a taiga in view if you go high enough.
Spoiler
Show
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

"Phantasy Star Online 2" is a good seed. include the spaces when typing.

I don't currently have pics, but you spawn in a tundra biome right next to a large swampland biome. At the southern end of the swamp there are 2 large chasms and at on end of the chasm is an exposed skeleton spawner. underneath the chasms is a large underground network of caves with an extensive abandoned mineshaft. To the south east at the far end of a desert biome is an npc village. there are 3 lava pools in said desert, so obtaining obsidian will be very easy. This seed also has a very large ocean biome to the south west, which imo would make a great spot for creating an extra large mob trap.

Hope ya'll like it.

I can't get pics atm, so if anyone would be so kind as to do so for me, it would be greatly appreciated.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Not a seed, but if you try this mod
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/827 ... craft-125/
you get *wayyyyy* more interesting worlds, and the extra mountains means more high water sources for HCB.

If you've ever played the gargamel seed back in 1.7.3, this terrain generator gives you that. Plus it's a fairly basic terrain generator, so it's fully compatible with BTW.