Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
ghoohg

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by ghoohg »

FaceFoiled wrote: I suggest you read the mod information before asking stupid questions when I have a hangover
I've been looking through this entire thread, and I haven't really played many minecraft servers before so I don't know where to look for that.
Sorry.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

That would be because the information that answers your question pertains to the mod in general and not to Edolas. FlowerChild is waiting for the codebase merge in 1.3 before he even considers making BTW multiplayer.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
ghoohg

Post by ghoohg »

Thanks, and sorry again about that. A friend had told me that there were BTW servers out there.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

ghoohg wrote:Thanks, and sorry again about that. A friend had told me that there were BTW servers out there.
Your friend either lied or does not know what he is talking about.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Quite a few have recently been wondering about the future of the server in regards to the minecraft updates (single/multiplayer being sandwiched together) and the future of BTW that comes with it.

So as it goes, there are no plans to reset the world at any stage anymore. So people can build/plan and gather to their hearts content without worrying about the future. In fact, I go one up on that;

I like the town, quite a lot actually :P and I love how it brings people together and how you can walk around to visit other players bases and creations. Razzle and myself are currently working on a new train station to move about in the main world to further bring buildings and areas together to visit eachother/sightsee, without getting lost in the nether and portal extravaganza. It will be tres-sexy
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Well, that makes me so so relieved... Thanks ^^
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Trainstation progress update!

You enter the train station, and can drop minecarts on the left, which end up in the pez dispenser holding unit. On the right are 5 buttons to select destinations. Hit a destination and it will reset the selection unit, and activate your selection. What this does, is set a line of stone (10) with track on top, and remove the stone/track of a specific location depending on the selection.

Once done enter the goodbye-farewell area, once inside you can't leave (to avoid resets), pez dispenser places a cart on the track, which will go towards you and stops in front of you. You get in, and get pushed towards your destination.

Done;
Pez dispenser cart holder
Track selecter + reset
Buttons wired up
Cart caller, upon entry of the goodbye area, and auto starter when entering cart
Area lock of the goodbye area, once inside to prevent resets
Return building (for when taking a cart back to town), with automatic cart-to-pez-dispenser system
Selection lock
Track selection light indicator

To Do;
Building pimpage (aesthetics)
Emergency cart dispenser (in case the pez dispenser is empty)
Last edited by FaceFoiled on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:06 am, edited 7 times in total.
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

Looks like a fun server :)
Is there space for 1 more?
I'm not extremely active.. but I do have bursts where I end up no-lifing minecraft!
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Off course :), what is your ingame name?
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

FaceFoiled wrote:Off course :), what is your ingame name?
Pagan_Pentagram :P
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Pentagram wrote:Pagan_Pentagram :P
Added Pagan_Pentagram to white-list
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Train station update;

M!C

Post by M!C »

FaceFoiled wrote:Train station update;
Looks great. :)

Where are the stations going to be?
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

There won't be any seperate stations. There will be 5 exits, going various ways to currently existing tracks. I suggest you build a stop into those to switch direction to go to other places. :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I hate to say it, but I think the station is almost done - technically anyway. :( It was an awesome project to work on. :D
All that is left to do, is connect a visual display to the active selection and make it into an actual building.

I think I will keep it largely as it is (glass walls), but instead of them, being walls I think I will turn it into windows. Sort like, "peak into the machine" windows. Breaks the walls/building up a bit, instead of the large flush glass walls. Once done, I will re-do the track that goes towards my old house, make it a bit more sturdy/fancy (is currently just a track over soil).

Before I do finish it up and enclose it "buildingify it" (new word!), do you have any requests to add to it?

What currently goes on;

You enter the station, select a destination, step up to the set-off point, get locked there (No escape! ^_^). This calls a Minecart and locks the track selection so naughty folk can't change it. You get into the cart, which than sends you to your destination. On your way out you activate a detector rail which unlocks the track selection so others can use it.

-

On your way back to town, you can connect it to the "return building". This will send you back to the town central, where you can simply exit the minecart and walk out the door. Doing so sends the Minecart back into the railway station and adds it to the storage unit for future use. (This does mean you don't break your carts, but simply leave them and walk away).

To avoid confusion, you can only exit this return building, not enter it.
ServantOMallard

Post by ServantOMallard »

Hi,

If there's space for one more could I get an add please? Same name as on here. I've not had very good experiences with SMP in the past (dodgy communities and whatnot) but am keen to give it another try with a friendlier community.

Thanks,

Nath.
I must respectfully decline your request with massive explosions
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Added ServantOMallard to white-list
ServantOMallard

Post by ServantOMallard »

Thanks =]
I must respectfully decline your request with massive explosions
Rich131

Post by Rich131 »

Can I get whitelisted please? My IGN is Rich131, I have been looking around random servers trying to find a nice one and I think I might really like it here.
Yesterday, today was tomorrow & tomorrow, today will be yesterday.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Added Rich131 to white-list
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

Hey guys, im one of those fergotten players that lost their internets for a few months. Immm bbaaakkkk :3
you all stay-. . .
( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
. . .-frosty now!
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

my gawsh ppl should restock the wood and blaze rods!!

edit: pretty please *teehee*
speedknight4

Post by speedknight4 »

im sorry my shop is out of stock, been on SSP to much and with all the mods i have i cant use crafting tables on the server. ill try and go on sometime this week to restock with a black jar file. Is my rails easy to access there Face? or need me to come on and move it?
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

its cool, im just lazy when it comes to gathering mass quatities of wood. also does iconomy have like an interest feature of sorts? (like your money increases little bits over a long period of time)
speedknight4

Post by speedknight4 »

it does as far as i know, you get interest till you reach $5000 then you have to make money from then on, as well FF which color block in the Station go south i use my rail fairly often when i'm online