I am going away

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
walker_boh_65

I am going away

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I am taking my first trip out of the country, before this I have only been out of the state a handful of times. I am leaving on a trip to Europe three days from now, more specifically Greece and Italy. I will be overseas for about three weeks and won't have the time/ability/need to check in here.

Don't have too much fun with me.
SterlingRed

Re: I am going away

Post by SterlingRed »

Sounds like you will be the one having fun without us! Safe travels!
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Have fun man!
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Happy trails! :)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Have fun Walker! I'll be sure to have lots of videos for you to watch when you come back! Find Mormengil in Greece and see if he really looks like he came out of Mad Max! :D
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Have fun and enjoy! Be sure to try the coffee and gelato in Italy :p
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

Watch out for those Italian girls. They can be a handful (or two)!
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Enjoy yourself man! I wish I could be traveling right now myself :) We'll be here when you get back.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Have fun man, and whatever you do DO NOT come here in Athens, it is hell on earth this time of the year :P

A little tip on Italian girl tourists: If you find a bunch of them fooling around being friendly, beware. If you approach them too much, roughly 2 million Italian guys will appear out of fucking nowhere and things will be awkward :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Good tip about italian girls, it happens almost all of the time :p
Enjoy your trip mate :)
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Be creative when taking the famous "I'm holding the Leaning Tower up" shot. It's mandatory, so give it your best.

By the way, the weather up here in Slovakia's pretty tame this time of the year, but warm enough for the girls to only wear belt long shorts and such, beer is like 1€/half a liter in a pub....

Just sayin'.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Interesting ;)
Where would be the best place to go ? ^^
Rich131

Post by Rich131 »

Poppycocks wrote:beer is like 1€/half a liter in a pub....
Wow, just wow. Here in Ireland, I'm paying ~€4.50 a pint! That's just not fair. I've never been to Slovakia but the alcohol was roughly the same price in Hungary and Croatia when I went Inter-railing last summer. I've never been more depressed coming home :(

Enjoy your trip Walker!
Yesterday, today was tomorrow & tomorrow, today will be yesterday.
Urian

Post by Urian »

1€/28kč for 0,5l beer was also pretty much the standard price in pubs in Prague when I was living there. Stores though, I find it sad that if I go to the alcohol store here (we have a system that means only a certain state owned/controlled store chain is allowed to sell alcohol stronger than... 4,8% (I think) ) I can buy a bottle of the same beer I was drinking in Prague but there I'd gotten a case of it for the same price.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Battosay wrote:Interesting ;)
Where would be the best place to go ? ^^
Lol, dunno, depends on what you like. There's the typical tourist traps like baths, ruins, castles, museums, open air historic village museums. Then there's that tiny little bit of culture in the capital, although most tourists I see here have a tendency of just visiting the castle + old town, and waste a lot of perfectly good money in one of the gazilion restaurants lining every bloody street(I always see a group of Italians in one of the faux Italian restaurants, weird, no?). Then there's the mountains, it's not alps mind you, but very picturesque and for some reason always full of czech tourists in flip-flops. Oh and the services are appalling. Castles and open air museum are a safe bet, one of 'em has got an annual ghosts and monsters weekend, it's well loved, even by the locals. They often do historical fighting shows, that's always nice. In essence, there's a lot to see, but it's sometimes hard to avoid the bad or costly service.

But yeah, in case you only meant the girls, dance bars are always chock-full of gold-diggers every Friday night. The shopping centers at all other times. But there's always the local wet-elbow in case you want to meet actually nice people.

I've got a weird love-hate relation with my country, is that weird?

Anyway, in case you want a guide and free lodging, bring cheese.
Rich131

Post by Rich131 »

The way it is in Ireland isn't too bad for buying from stores. Alcohol bought from off-licenses is around a third of the price you pay in pubs/clubs. Actually no, clubs are outrageously overpriced. I much prefer to buy a crate of beers and get together with friends in a house than go to the pub these days. Also, with the smoking ban in Ireland, it is illegal to smoke indoors in any workplace including pubs!
Yesterday, today was tomorrow & tomorrow, today will be yesterday.