Can you please disable the end-game text?

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Can you please disable the end-game text?

Post by FlowerChild »

Pretty please with a cherry on top?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Can you please disable the end-game text?

Post by FlowerChild »

FUCK YEAH!

Another great idea man. You're on a roll.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Your suggestion does not fit the rules, or the spirit of the mod, and is probably never gonna happen.
Please take some time to read to rules, some other suggestions that were considered/accepted, and make sure you played with the mod long enough to fully understand what FC is trying to do here.
;)

But yet I still love it! :)
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

I agree, this is a great suggestion. You seem to have a lot of sway over the features FC puts in so I doubt additional support is needed. It's like you have some sort special line of communication with him.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Your suggestion does not fit the rules, or the spirit of the mod, and is probably never gonna happen.
Please take some time to read to rules, some other suggestions that were considered/accepted, and make sure you played with the mod long enough to fully understand what FC is trying to do here.
I appreciate your continued efforts to add to the mod. However the mod is primarily about automation and providing new challenges to overcome. Not fixing all of mojang's little screwups. Believe me I think the text is as annoying as you do I just don't know that it's worth FC's time.

EDIT: Dang ninjas
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

FlowerChild wrote:FUCK YEAH!

Another great idea man. You're on a roll.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I swear, if I had to skip that text one more time while going too and from the end while working on my enderman farm, I was going to totally lose it and start talking to myself or something.

<3 <3 <3
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I love you FC, for suggesting this, and I love you FC, for implementing this. Are there any more of you hiding out there? I want to know if I love them too.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Thank you! That pseudo-philisophical crap pisses me off. Was Mojang High when they wrote that?
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

TheAnarchitect wrote:Was Mojang More High when they wrote that?
Fixed that for you. :)
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

You ninja! We at the IRC thought about it yesterday...
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

TheAnarchitect wrote:Thank you! That pseudo-philisophical crap pisses me off. Was Mojang High when they wrote that?
I don't disagree, but that's not actually the reason I disabled it.

The problem is (or was) that the bloody thing triggers every time you go through an end portal. I've never done much building in the end before, but man, when you do, it gets super annoying.

They really should have put a state variable in to only trigger it the first time you go through, but since they didn't bother, and since I didn't want to mess with people's save-games in order to insert such a variable, I just turned the damn thing off.
Itamarcu wrote:You ninja! We at the IRC thought about it yesterday...
Yeah, I'm sure plenty of people are thinking about it now that I've given them a reason to build in the end :)
Urian

Post by Urian »

Very welcome indeed.

However, would it be possible to have it as a toggleable option in the config file? People who are playing through it for the first time might actually want to see it I suppose.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote: However, would it be possible to have it as a toggleable option in the config file? People who are playing through it for the first time might actually want to see it I suppose.
Already is man. I do think things through, even if I'm talking to myself in the process ;)
Urian

Post by Urian »

FlowerChild wrote: Already is man. I do think things through, even if I'm talking to myself in the process ;)
I've found it best to always double check when people start talking to themselves :p One minute we're skipping end credits and the next we will be playing witch feces in a small room... wait a minute!
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
tedium

Post by tedium »

this thread only brings one thought to my mind... if the diablo 3 designers played their own game, i might still play it too ;)
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Wait. The text shows up every single time when leaving the end? I thought it shows just the first time up.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Elevatator wrote:Wait. The text shows up every single time when leaving the end? I thought it shows just the first time up.
Yes. Every single time. Even a monkey with a typewriter could do better.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

You guys do realise you can skip the text by pressing 'Escape', right?
I just don't find it all that annoying, seeing as I never even have to read the damn thing.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

But Mojang acting against mob spawners, it kinda makes sens they didn't bother to implement that. It doesn't mean they are right about that, though...
But thanks for the nice option to disable it FC ! (you know what, I never made it to the end, nor to a stronghold !)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Azdoine wrote:You guys do realise you can skip the text by pressing 'Escape', right?
I just don't find it all that annoying, seeing as I never even have to read the damn thing.
Yup, I realize. However, being shoved into a 2D menu in the middle of Minecraft is a jarring and unprecedented experience.

In terms of suspension of disbelief, it's a killer, way beyond the annoyance of having to just hit 'esc'.