BD applied to (powered) cake does (not) work

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Harcion

BD applied to (powered) cake does (not) work

Post by Harcion »

I noticed that you cannot pick up a powered cake with the BD. You *can* pick up an unpowered one. I'm not sure if both of those, or none, are bugs.

Since you can't pick up a cake in any other way, I would assume you should not be able to pick it up with a BD - but then you can pick up glass for example.
For what it's worth, you cannot push a cake by a piston, powered or not.

Is there possibly a list of which objects that should be pickable in their original state? I was wondering previously about the smooth stone, for example, and now I also noticed that wooden and stone stairs are converted to a wood or cobblestone block when picked up. It just does not seem very consistent at the moment.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: BD applied to (powered) cake does (not) work

Post by FlowerChild »

I suspect what's happening is that the power you are applying to the cake is also powering the BD.

There's no reason the BD should be affected by the power state of the cake otherwise.

Also, if I remember right, the BD can't pick up cake with a slice eaten out of it. That might be another problem you are running into.

Anyways, let me know if neither of the above represents that actual problem.
Harcion

Post by Harcion »

I thought I was really stupid at first, but the cake is not powering the BD. I tried placing another cake facing another side of the BD and powering that in the same way, and the BD stays unpowered. Actually, cake does not seem to transmit power through it like a solid block regardless if I place repeaters on both sides of it.

And no, I did not eat the cake. I got a fresh one through TMI and then, just to test that it wasn't an issue with that, also made one using a workbench.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ah, ok, I think I know what's happening. Extremely minor bug, but I may as well fix it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fixed in next release. Thread closed.